Mission accomplished.... or not?

Oh! Honey!

 

 

heeeey. thanks for commenting:3 i really really appreciate you all reading this storyyy♥
enjoy the chapter^^
 

***
 
[Hyosung's POV]
 
History class with Mr. Jung had never been this boring. Really, it's the subject I hated the most. But as serious of thoughts seemed to have been bugging my mind since yesterday, I found this boring class rather okay.
 
I feel really nervous.
 
To be perfectly honest, it's my first time going out on a date. And never had I thought that my first date wouldn't be with someone that I like. . . And to think that I have a mission to fulfill, that is, to make Kikwang not like me, . . . it just added to my already loaded nerves!
 
"Hyosung-ah." A nudge on my arm woke me off my trance as I turned to look at Sunhwa, my seatmate. Jieun and Zinger were on her other side as I noticed that they were looking at my direction as well.
 
Sunhwa slid a small piece of paper folded in a half and I quickly took it, glancing at Mr. Jung just to check if he noticed us by chance.
 
"Oh, so this is from Zinger. ." I inwardly muttered as I looked at Sunhwa, but she's busy taking notes. So I curiously opened it and read what it said:
 
List of things to remember on your date:
 
1. Apply heavy make up.
 
I'm totally not cool with that. Really. To start things off, I never wear heavy make up at all! I look exactly like a clown.
 
I read the second one and gasped as I glared at Zinger, who was grinning at me widely.
 
2. Wear a really revealing clothes. ->We'll help you pick, don't worry.
 
Seriously, can I back out? God! I don't have the guts to wear something revealing! Not in my entire life. And now I'm doing this because of Kikwang. Aigoo. Such a pain.
 
I heaved out a sigh. Clearly, I'm not happy with all of this. And yet, I need to do this. I scanned the paper and figured that there's still a third thing.
 
3. Never act like Hyosung at all.
 
I guess this wouldn't be as easy as I thought it would be.
 
***
 
[Kikwang's POV]
 
"Uh oh. He seems surprisingly not in the mood." I heard Dongwoon say as he whispered like a gossip dude with Dujun. I slumped my mouth as I laid back on the grass ground at the shade of this huge tree where my friends and I usually hangout. The view of the entire school was before me as I inwardly counted down before Hyosung's lunch break. Junhyung shot me a nonchalant look as he approached me moments later before sitting down beside me.
 
"Kwang, I'm surprised that you're not going all hyped up that Hyosung finally asked you out." He voiced out rather expressionlessly as I felt his gaze all over me. I inwardly thanked the fates that Yoseob and Hyunseung had a council meeting at this moment. Otherwise, I guess they might end up bombarding me with questions about why I'm acting this differently.
 
I didn't answer Junhyung. All because I don't feel like it. If only I wasn't aware about their plans, I should be giddily jumping up in joy right at this very moment. . . announcing to everyone how happy I am that the girl of my dreams would finally be going out with me. . .
 
But turned out the opposite.
 
Everytime I remember about how Hyosung going to make me fall out of her, . . I just feel brokenhearted.
 
"Whatever it is. It's still a date after all." I heard Junhyung say as I jolted upright and gave him an inquisitive look. Really, Junhyung, I just hate that mystic smile of yours.
 
Junhyung stood up after giving me a heavy tap on my shoulders and saying, "You should be happy, Kwang. Because after four years of loving her, now's actually the first time that she's giving you a chance."
 
"Yah. W..Why are you saying these things to me?" I looked upon him as suspiciously as I could. What does he meant by those? I mean, it's really weird how he's all acting like he cares suddenly. But on the side note, I guess that everything he said made sense.
 
It's still a date.
 
***
 
[Hyosung's POV]
 
"Hyosung unni! Hyosung unni! Kikwang oppa is already here!" I heard Hyoyoung squeal rather loudly as she banged my room's door wide open and gasped as soon as she saw me.
 
"OMG. unni! Just what are you wearing?" She scanned me from head to toe then back to my head again, looking me in question. "And since when did you wear red lipstick? Eww."
 
Oh I get it. Really, Hyoyoung, you don't need to say out loud how I look like a e with what I'm sporting now.
 
Pfft. Blame Zinger for this mini mini mini mini mini mini, and finally, mini skirt that I'm wearing. Also, this lipstick belongs to Jieun's mom! Whereas this scarlet tube...I clearly have no idea where did Sunhwa get it.
 
If only I can tell everything to my little sister just so for her to quit giving me that dirty look.
 
"You know what? I'm going to change now. Tell Kikwang to wait for a bit more." I relented as I gently pushed her out of my room and shut the door closed.
 
Okay. Mianhae Zinger, Jieun, and Sunhwa. . . I'm really uncomfortable with these attire. Aigoo. I'll just try my best not to act like Jun Hyosung.
 
I sighed before heading to my cozy closet, looking for a casual dress that'll fit me just right for this day.
 
[Kikwang's POV]
 
"Oppa~ Say AHH~" Hyomin, Hyosung's another younger sister, cooed as she forked a portion of the strawberry cake, feeding me. Psh. It's one reason why I don't like visiting here. . . Hyosung's sisters are apparently crazy for me! Pfft. I hope Hyosung does as well. =.= 
 
I stood up as soon as I noticed someone stepping downstairs.
 
But it's not Hyosung. It's the youngest, Hyoyoung. Really, I can see how they're fond of 'Hyo.' (a/n: Yep. Hyosung's sisters are Tara's Hyomin and Coed's Hyoyoung^^)
 
"Unni looks so like a ." Hyoyoung said as she slumped a seat beside me before peering towards me and grinning. "Oppa looks so cute today! You should've just date me instead of Hyosung unni."
 
"Yah this little! You're too young! I'll tell you on mom!" Hyomin immediately butted. But Hyoyoung just huffed before scoffing, "Wae? You want Kwang oppa to pursue you, huh? It rather be Hyosung unni than you."
 
And soon, I found myself slowly and unnoticeably gliding off my seat as they started the usual cat fight. Sighing, I decided to creep upstairs as I looked for Hyosung.
 
"Hon.. I mean, Hyosung-ah." I called as I knocked on the door. I heard footsteps approaching as I gulped just as soon as the sound of the knob being twisted was heard.
 
"Omo. I thought it's Hyoyoung." Hyosung muttered as she was shocked to see that it was actually me standing before her. I smiled, extending my hand as I took hers.
 
She blushed.
 
And I'm not kidding at all.
 
"You look so pretty." Just as always. I grazed at her cute cerulean blouse, which matched her big blue bow on her fringe before staring back at her beautiful face for a few moments of forever. She wasn't gazing back at me, but I could see how her fingers were twiddling on her clasp hands.
 
I wonder what's her plan is. I mean, isn't she supposed to make me fall out of her? And with how she seems so shy now, . . . it's just making her cuter.
 
"Are you okay for a motorcycle ride?" I smirked as I squeezed our hands together, making her eyes widen which I'm apparently not sure if it's because of our hands intertwining or the motorcycle ride.
 
***
 
[Hyosung's POV]
 
EOTTEOKE?!
I can't seem to act like how I supposed to! Really. It's difficult than I thought.
 
Especially that I'm practically hugging his waist as I clung to him for my life! God! Why did he have to make me ride on this freaking dangerous bike?!
 
"W..Will you slow down for a bit? We're going way too FAAAAST!" I nagged as I firmly closed my eyes and leaned my head on his broad back. The series of huge buildings on my every side was withering as I tried to open my eyes every now and then.
 
Kikwang wasn't slowing down.
Really. I suddenly shivered as I thought if he, by chance, knew about my mission. . . If he did, he might probably want us both dead! That's why he's driving on full speed...
 
"Y...Yah!" And by that, Kikwang carefully halted as I noticed that we stopped by an ice cream parlor.
 
So he's not planning about killing us both. I inwardly facepalmed myself as I sighed before hopping off the ride. Kikwang held my hand as he helped me on removing my helmet.
 
"Thank you." I said and received a really flashy smile from him. One thing I noticed about him was that, he's not acting so flirty to me like he usually does.
 
He's not calling me honey.
He's not taking my bag and carry it over his shoulder.
He doesn't even seem to be that loud, playful Kikwang that I'm used to.
 
Seriously. Something's wrong with this guy.
 
And as I sat across him and later, received our scoops of ice creams, I can't help but to suspiciously look at him as I tried to read what's on his mind.
 
"It's delicious, right? This is my favorite ice cream shop in Seoul." He said delightfully after taking in a spoonful of ice cream. I heaved, looking at my own ice cream as I played on my spoon.
 
"I can see how excited you are to eat this. You almost ruined my hair because of that rush driving." I said, brushing my fingers on my bangs which was tied up with a blue ribbon. See, Hyosung without her bangs doesn't look like her. But Kikwang didn't seem to mind and I considered that a failure.
 
"I'm sorry." He laughed as he stucked his spoon on his mouth and chuckled amusingly at me.
 
"What do you plan for today?" I asked as I ate my ice cream.
 
"Aren't you the one who asked me out? You should've planned it yourself." He muttered, rather scorning as I was kinda taken aback.
 
Oh God! I wasn't expecting this, really. I mean, the way Kikwang talked to me just now was more like he's irritated, annoyed.
 
I tittered out a laugh as I scratched the back of my head. "What about a movie, then?" I suggested.
 
"Not bad." He smiled at me. "You like romantic comedy, right? So do I."
 
I beamed.
 
But suddenly drooped.
 
"Aniyo. I.. I like.. err.. horror movies." I lied. I'm not Jun Hyosung now.
 
"Really? Since when?" Kikwang wondered. Surely, he knew everything about me and it's clear how he's all shock that I'm not actually into romantic comedies (although I really am).
 
"Since last week." I just muttered before fishing out my phone from my pocket and checking some random horror movie on the show.
 
***
[Kikwang's POV]
 
This might probably be the happiest day of my life.
 
"AHHHHH! OMOOO!" Hyosung constantly squealed as she gripped on my arm while holding her popcorn to partially cover her eyes.
 
It was funny, really. I mean, I knew all along that she never liked this kind of movie and she was just pretending just so to make me see that we don't share common interests.
 
Just a while ago, she didn't even choose her favourite soda drink.
And really, she's acting all obvious that it's actually amusing.
 
The darkness of the theater was enough to make anyone's heart jump as a bunch of zombies chased the lead actor on the big screen. Hyosung was still, trembling as I peered at her hand on my arm.
 
"I thought you love this kind of movies?" I whispered in a huge mocking grin but just received a pleading, puppy-eyes from her.
 
"Kikwang. . . Can we go out now? I can't take the zombies any longer." She nauseusly mumbled as she held on my arm even tighter. And just to tell you, I'm never used to us being this close.
 
I patted her head as I poked her cheek. "Aish. I told you. Romantic comedies are more fun."
 
***
[Hyosung's POV]
 
Seriously. If only Kikwang acted like this right from the start, I might had even given him a chance.
 
Caz that playful Kikwang who always sticked to me for the entire four years was just plain annoying. I never really had known that he actually has this cool side of him.
 
And I guess he knew me too well that he brought me to a ddukbokki cart and ate tons of street foods -which was apparently one thing I'd always want to do on a date. We went to the shopping district as we tried on some caps and scarfs and some other random things. We fed strayed birds on the streets before we took a visit on the animal shop where there were these really cuddly dogs that Kikwang and I even had a chance to hug.
 
And as enjoyable as it seemed that I'd spent this day so far, there was one important thing that I forgot: My mission.
 
"It's almost sunset." Kikwang muttered as he stared upon the orange tinted sky above us. And as I followed where his gaze was, I realised how time had seemed to really fly.
 
"Should we go home now?" I inquired as I took a peek at him. He shook his head before grabbing my hand as he walked his way to his motorcycle bike, dragging me behind.
 
"There's still this one place where I want to take you." I heard him say as I curiously looked at him, wondering where could that probably be.
 
***
[Narrator's POV]
 
"I wonder what's happening on Kwangie's date now." Yoseob heaved before slumping a seat on one of the couches in the living room. Junhyung and Hyunseung were present as they played video games, their eyes glued on the huge flat screened TV.
 
"I bet ten thousand won, Hyosung will fall for him after this day." Junhyung confidently said, making Hyunseung and Yoseob looked at him with raised brows.
 
"How could you sound so sure, huh?" Hyunseung peered.
 
"I just feel it. I ship Kisung." Junhyung chortled as he winked at them.
 
"Ki.. what? Kisung?" Yoseob pondered for awhile before finally getting what Junhyung meant. "Oh! Ki is Kwang and Sung is Hyosung!"
 
"Yah. Kiseung isn't for Hyosung." Hyunseung interrupted with a pout before continuing, "Kiseung is for Kikwang and I. . . arasseo?"
 
Yoseob and Junhyung gave the guy a dirty look as they ignored it nonetheless.
 
"Hyokwang! Use Hyokwang instead!" Hyunseung unstoppably nagged as he flailed his two friends insistingly.
 
AIGOO. =.= Let's just.. go back to Hyokwang now please.
 
***
[Hyosung's POV]
 
Kikwang brought me to the park, the one nearest to our school. He sat on one of the swings and swung himself up to the air like a little boy.
 
I sighed as I settled a seat on the foot of the slide and rested my back against it.
 
"Why did you bring me here?" I asked.
 
"This is where we first met." He cheerfully voiced out as flashes of our first meeting came into my mind. It was that one winter night that I first met him.
 
"You were a freshman transferee that time." I remembered. "And you crashed me with your bike." I added as I unknowingly smiled at how much I clearly remembered the happenings that night.
 
"That was a lucky encounter though. Because I came to meet you." He sincerely said, making the shivers on my spine ran throughout my body.
 
The rustling leaves were heard as well as the whoosh of the wind which sent chills over me. I turned to look at Kikwang and was surprised that he was all the while, staring back at me. "You got my knees scratched, and I remember my head bleeding." I noted as I gave him a huge pout.
 
"Mianhae." He muttered. "But hey, after that incident, I swore to protect you from that day onwards, didn't I?"
 
uh oh. I don't remember him promising me something like that. Really.
 
So I just kept silent. Not until when Kikwang approached me as he extended a hand and lifted me up to a stand.
 
"I'm sorry, Hyosung. . . for being such a magnet to you all this time." He told me with those sad eyes that I couldn't restrain not to glance back. "I didn't care about your feelings. I thought you like me too because you're being nice to me.. not knowing that it's just you to be nice and you just don't want me to get hurt."
 
I was speechless. Did he already know about everything?
 
Kikwang's lips were crept up into a smile as his soft palm travelled to my cheek and later on, to my forehead. I was a bit startled when he removed the clip from my fringe, thus, making my bangs fall loosely on. "I like you with your bangs. I like the real Hyosung more."
 
"Y..Yah.. d..do you-"
 
"Yes." He cutted me off as he gave me a knowing look. "I know what you're up to, Hyosung."
 
No. That can't be.
 
"H..How did you-" But I was then again, cutted off as he pulled me to him, closing in the small gap separating us as he hugged me so tightly that it made my cheeks blush furiously than ever.
 
I could feel his warmth. his longing. his love.
 
And yet, I don't understand why my heart seemed to sway with the beat of his. I didn't expect how soothing this feeling is. I never knew that Kikwang could make me feel this way.
 
And as I was about to hug back, I paused when heard Kikwang suddenly whisper to my ear.
 
"I promise. I won't bother you again. I'll give up on you now."
 
Mission accomplished........ or not?
 
My eyes widened as my heart pounded its way out of my chest. His words struck me to the core as my breathings seemed to be heavier than usual. The feeling was foreign, it was new to me. And yet, I wonder why it unbelievably hurts.
 
 

awwww. T.T
that was a heartbreaking last scene. X.X
 
 
please comment!ö
the next chapter would be the last one. 
thanks for reading..♥