Sticky Fingers and Emotions

Just Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, everyone! Here is the second chapter to “Just Neighbors”! It took a very long time to get this chapter out. So long that it probably seemed like I have given up on this story, but I did not! At one point I lost the notebook where I was writing this story and I found it recently. This chapter took me a really long time to write because I did not know how to write it. I’m looking forward your comments on this chapter and I hope you enjoy it! --XOXO Laybaby (Irie). 

It didn’t take long for Kayden to take up my offer. After giving her my number she called me when I arrived home and we have been spending time together over the past few weeks. Just hanging out at her house, helping her out around the house, and the occasional movie nights we had so far. We mesh surprisingly well for being opposites. Her liveliness and warm personality to my dark humor and sarcasm. Ying and yang basically, I guess opposites do attract.

“Cut! That’s a wrap!” Claps and mummers of compliments scatter around the room. Rolling my shoulders back, I walk off set to the dressing room. I start to undress the borrowed designer clothes we assigned to wear every week to film the taping of the show. I carefully place it back onto the rack as if it never been worn before. Pulling on my gray fleece sweater over my head, the door slams open. I automatically jump back, bumping back into the vanity counter covering my bare chest and stomach with my hands. Looking at my state Hong Jonghyun immediately starts laughing. After tugging the rest of my shirt down, I lunge at Jonghyun wrapping my arm around his neck, messing up his perfectly styled hair.

“Ah! Hyung—stop.” I rub my knuckles harder against his head.

“How many times I told you to knock before you enter? Don’t you understand Korean?” I push him off. He stumbles a bit before regaining his balance.

“See, this is why the viewers does not think we’re close. You are so mean to me!” Jonghyun pouts and I ignore him, turning back to the mirror checking my appearance. Jonghyun and I have a relationship that is different. One that people may not understand, but we understand it and that’s all that matters. “Speaking of the show,” he slides on the vanity counter and stares at me.

Furrowing my brows, I avoided his gaze. “What is it?”

“During filming...you’re different. You are brighter…more talkative, which is weird…for you.”

“Me?” I asked incredulously. “I changed? I am the same person on set week after week.” I turn to him and he opens his mouth to say something as I reach my hand out, ruffling his hair. Jonghyun looks at me dumbfounded before hopping off the counter and follows me out of the room.

“See! You—you wouldn’t do that. You have never done that!” I chuckle quietly as we walk through the studio, bowing our heads as we pass the staff and production team. “Who is she?”

“Excuse me? Who is…who?”

“The girl you’re seeing—you must be seeing--” I shook my head, holding up my hand as I lean against my car once we reached the parking lot.

“Say if I am seeing someone-- if,” I stress the word, “why it has to take a girl to change me, which I have not.”

“Because…” he stands there for a moment thinking of a plausible answer.

“Can’t think of one can you?” Smirking, I point at him. “I’m offended, you know. Next time I see you, you have it coming.” I swing the door open and hop into my car, starting the engine.

“Man, you don’t need an answer. It just is and—and where are you going? You are going to meet her, right?! I’m going to follow you home one of these days!” Jonghyun yelled after me as I drove off.         

  ***

Her head tilts back as she laughs. Her white teeth showing, eyes shut tight creating the skin around them to crinkle into a cute pattern. Just in sweatpants and a tank top Kayden manages to look cute.

“Hahaha, you have to introduce him to me one day.”

I raise my brow along with the glass in my hand, taking a slow sip of the red wine before answering, “yeah, not going to happen.”

“What! Why not? Jonghyun sounds like a fun person—my type of person.” Am I your type also? I scold myself soon as that thought passed my mind.

Clearing my throat I answer, “fun person, sure, but also semi-annoying and nosy… very nosy.”

“So? With you I’d be nosy also, Mr. tall, dark, and mysterious.” I chuckle lowly at her comment. “Anyways, what’s the name of your show again?”

“Why?”

“So, I can watch it…”An expression read ‘duh’ plays on her face as she stares at me with those eyes of hers.

“I’m not telling you.”

“No no no,” her voice drops down a few octaves copying me I assume. “What’s with you, Soohyuk?! You’re not fun, man.” I’m not fun?! I’m loads of fun. Back of my thoughts I heard Jonghyun’s voice saying ‘you’re not fun, hyung.’ Shut up, Jonghyun. 

I shrug, “I don’t want you to watch it.” She lets out a frustrated sigh.

“Well, I got good news,” She pauses for a moment; I hum softly letting her kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter