Epilogue

If I Ain't Got You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Encore! Encore! Encore!", shouts filling up the whole stadium, grumbling like thunders before storm. Niel was in the backstage, drinking his water excessively while the coordi noona wiped the sweats all over his face, some touch ups are made so the fans only see the beautiful side of him.

"Are you ready?", the runner asked Niel.
Niel have no time to answer, he just nodded while keep drinking his water.
"Is the mic okay?", Niel asked the manager who's busy checking his mic.
"Yeah, it's ready", the manager handed the mic to Niel. He's repositioning the ear plug and he's getting ready for the encore.

"Artist went up! stage light on!", the runner yelled at his walkie talkie as he gave an okay signal to everyone.

The lights were shining down the stage. Niel took his first step on the stairs, the crowd noises hit him like an invisible wall before his face, just ready to be conquered once again.

"Area 53!", Niel shouted at the audiences that shout at him back thousand times harder.
"Yah... I love your energy, still ready for more?", Niel funneled his hand to his ear and gave the mic towards the crowd. A collective "yeaaaah!" replied him.
"What a special day today, Area 53 is forever special in my heart~", said Niel.
The crowd have no time to stay silent, they cheered once Niel said his line.
"I love the city lights, the harbor there... you see, once upon a time, there was a boy and his best friend, watching the fireflies from exactly where we all standing now. This big stadium was a vast field of reeds before~", said Niel, smiling at the audience that already know where this will lead them to.
"Ok... this is..."
"FIREFLIES!", the crowd shout his title song in one harmonious roar.
Niel chuckled.
"Yah... this trick is getting old isn't it. About a boy and his best friend... but I could truthfully tell you all that this place is the original place where two of them watching the fireflies~!", said Niel mischievously.
"You said that about other cities as well~!", one die hard fan shouted.
Niel heard her as she always get the front row.
"Hahaha... you're definitely a loyal fan. Anyway... It's also funny to see that the field of reeds before, that so full with beautiful memories turned into a big stadium like this. But. I think it doesn't matter as you guys all here... I will have another beautiful memory today! BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS!", Niel shouted and the audience cheered.
"Okay, here's... Fireflies..."

The music started as Niel hummed the intro. It's an acoustic version of his big hit single that first rocketed his name. It was a romantic song about a boy and his best friend that saw fireflies together and how that one moment changed their lives forever. Everyone assumed that this "best friend" is a girl and finally they separated because the girl never thought him as a lover. Niel cried hard when the chorus came, the crowd cheered him, some cried with him too. They thought it was his artistic expression, but they know nothing. Niel's words about how special this place is before was not a scripted line. This was the first time he had a national tour and this was also the first time he set his feet on Area 53 in seven years. All those years that gone by... Niel always worked hard to get over his past. But finally, he was here. Facing thousands of eyes that closely watched him, he's reminded of the reason why he was here at the first place.

 

Niel's POV

"Good job, everyone. Good job, good job", I shook everyone's hand as I entered the van. My loyal fans are already waiting for me at the gate, screaming on my arrival. I opened the van window a bit and wave them goodbye. I looked to my mobile. 11.00 PM. Another success for today. I smile and I still could see the crowd cheering for me. Then I opened my eyes and a realization came in. Here I am, on highway 31 again, leaving the harbor that so full with memories. Those days were old and hazy by now. I think as human, God gave us this incredible ability to move on, so we'll keep on evolving and survive. But didn't I cry while singing Fireflies before?

"Nielie, we'll take off at 11 tomorrow, make sure you're wake up at 7 and be at the airport at 9", said Eunji-noona. She still hold the position of business director in our company, but since I'm their main artist now, Eunji-noona took care of me as priority.
"Wait, where are we going? I thought I still have schedules in this area tomorrow?", I asked.
"No. You don't. You'll continue your tour next month at Area no.1!. Yah, I even should remind you for this simple matter?", Eunji-noona hit me lightly with her folder.
"Eh? so where are we going?", I asked her once again.
She sighed.
"To LA, remember? meet our new producer!", she said, almost lose her composure.
"So we’re flying to US tomorrow? that’s fast. Noona, isn’t it the time for you to tell me who’s this big producer is…? don’t play surprise game anymore…", I said impatiently. Noona has been contacting this one new producer since last week. She was so mysterious about it.
"Yah, you probably didn’t know him. But you surely know his songs, he’s the one who behind G-Dragon's latest album", said Eunji-noona while checking his mobile continuously.
"Whoa, G-Dragon sunbaenim?!! that’s awesome", I said, full with awe.
"Of course, I was stunned when his assistant told me that he agreed right away when I proposed our collaboration", she said with starry eyes.
"Really? noona you must be great at bargaining", I complimented her.
"No, I think he’s personally interested in you, he said he loved your voice, this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter