chapter 3

Soul Touch With Fingers

Chapter 3

 

 

 

Baekhyun smirked looking upon Ahri’s facial expression and the items she dropped on the floor. He then placed her ipod in her left hand, helping her take a grip of it. Ahri jolted up, feeling once again, Baekhyun’s hand against hers. It was cold as ice but soft and gentle as a baby’s skin. It is rare for Ahri to be socializing with other people, especially with Baekhyun. Just like every other student would say, how does Baekhyun know her? The students watch in curiosity while one person from afar, stands in anger. His fingers curled up in a ball, trying to control his emotions. Is it jealously you may ask? Though he shows no more than necessary, not wanting to cause a scene even in front of the whole student body.   

 

 

“Why don’t you take mines instead?”

 

 

Ahri has forgotten that her soybean milk and chinese doughnuts accidentally slip out of her hands. She was so touch, she didn’t know how to repay him back. Her ipod seems to be her most precious item she ever treasured. Everything has a story behind it, so did her ipod. Sounds familiar that everyone treasure their electronics, though Ahri shared hers with someone she truly missed. 

 

 

“No need to pay me back.” It was like he can actually read her mind. He then left without bidding goodbye.

 

 

The bell rang signaling for next class and everyone went as they go. Ahri took notice and went to her class also.

 

 

“How does she know Baekhyun?” A school girl was eyeing out Ahri as she seated herself down in her assigned chair. They were 3 seats behind her.

 

 

“He was only doing a favor. Not like it was a big of a deal.” Her friend was busy shaping her fingernails to perfection. 

 

 

“True.” She pouted. “Come on though. How does a hot guy like him notices....her?” She tried whispering because she knew Ahri has very sensitive ears. 

 

 

“Just shut up. I know you’re jealous because you want Baekhyun all to yourself.” She hit her friend in the head with her nail file. Her friend hiss in pain, but rubbed it off.

 

 

“Maybe.” A sly grin was then on her face.

 

 

“Good luck. Not all girls last with Baekhyun.” She blew off the dust on her nails.

 

 

“What do you mean?” She was confused at her friends remark.

 

 

“Girls.” Their teacher gave them a serious look. The two girls straightened themselves before the teacher can resume the lesson. The lesson was quite boring to Ahri, so she daydreamed the whole period. It is normal for Ahri to not pay attention in certain classes despite her disability, but at the same time, school was on her list of priorities. 

 

 

* * *    

 

 

“Annyeong.” Ahri bowed 90 degrees to her teacher before leaving off. She tightly held on the straps of her backpack with her hands. She got home in no time and smelt the sweet aroma of her mother’s cooking from the front door. Ahri kicked out her shoes and slip her toes in a pair of her snuggly slippers.

 

 

“Ahri is that you?” Her mother spoke over the boiling noise coming from the kitchen. Ahri then dropped her bags and back hugged her mother while she was boiling some soup.

 

 

“Hungry?’ Ahri felt her mother's movements, trying to stir the soup as she grasped on her child’s arm that was wrapped around her stomach.

 

 

“Mmmm.” She chimed and closed her eyes for a moment.

 

 

“Well, why don’t you clean yourself up and come down when I’m done.” Her mother covered the pot, letting the soup simmer for a few minutes.

 

 

“Arrasso.” Ahri spoke softly. Her grip was then hard on her mother’s waist because of nervousness. She wanted her mother to do a favor for her, but feared that she might assume her for such ridiculous thing. Ahri has not ask that much from her parents because they have done so much to make her happy. She knew her dad was working overtime to satisfy her needs and her mother taking care of the family with love. 

 

 

“Omma?” Her grip lessen within a few seconds.

 

 

“Hmmm?” She then came face to face with her mother.

 

 

“Can you help me make something?”

 

 

“What is it?” Her mother was willingly to help her daughter in any way and it was Ahri to answer that. Ahri could not explain to her mother that it was for a certain someone, so she tried her best to persuade her by not letting out a single thing about him.

 

 

* * *

 

 

Ahri who was waiting patiently at her desk, rubbed her palms together. She was anticipating for lunch and couldn’t help but to smile. Ahri knew it will only take a few steps behind to reach to him, though she hesitated for awhile. Was it wrong for her to show her appreciation? She didn't want to attract attention, but she couldn't waste the neatly, homemade lunch she asked her mother to prepare. She took a deep breath and made her way towards him. She slowly place it down on his desk.

 

 

“What is this?” He opened the lid and found bimbibap neatly made. 

 

 

“I thought maybe I could repay you back for yesterday.” Ahri stood infront of him with a joyful look. Lunch only started a few minutes ago, and some of her classmates were still in class with them. She tried to calm herself as her heartbeat beat faster than before.

 

 

He snorted, “No thanks.” He pushed the lunchbox away from him and had his gaze somewhere else. Her classmates snickered at his response and stared at Ahri to see how she would react. Ahri right away felt her insides crushing. Was it rejection? She fidgeted in place and the air became heavier above her shoulders. She was not expecting such harsh comment and no “thank you”. She imagined him to be so kind and thoughtful just from yesterday, though he was cold-hearted person. But she thought maybe it wasn’t the time to talk to him despite his tone of voice. Baekhyun then left, leaving a speechless Ahri.

 

 

“Don’t take it personally.” A husky voice spoke from behind. He picked up the lunchbox and handed it over to Ahri. 

 

 

“I had lunch already.” Bending her head down in shame. “You can take it.” She eagerly wanted him to eat it. It was already embarrassing for her to be rejected once, so she wanted it to be gone in that instant without the homemade lunchbox she asked her mom to help with.

 

 

“Really?” He inspected the exterior design of the lunchbox before opening it up.

 

 

“Wow.” He was amazed of the delicateseen and the bimbibap that was made.

 

 

“Did you make this?” He picked up one.

 

 

“I had alittle help from my mom.” She fidgeted her skirt. She still couldn’t get over the scene of Baekhyun rejecting her infront of the class. She wanted to hide in a closet and locked herself in. She has attempted to make new friends, but trying to get close with Baekhyun was the least she should've done. They are both different and it seems that not everything is not what you think would have planned out to be. Ahri thought Baekhyun would accept her small gift, though he did not.

 

 

The boy brought up a piece into his mouth and chewed onto it. He gulped down in his throat and felt satisfied.

 

 

“Thanks for the meal.” He grinned.

 

 

“My name is Kai by the way.” He closed the lunchbox with the lid.

 

 

“Kai?” His name that rolled over her tongue, sounded pleasant.  

 

 

“I’ll eat it well Ahri. See you around.” He waved the lunchbox in the air in delight and he received a smile back from Ahri. It was a heartwarming smile because Kai made her forget everything about Baekhyun. Kai then left the class and was pleased at the lunchbox in his hand as he was walking down the hallways.

 

* * *

 

Baekhyun who left the classroom leaving Ahri in such embarassment, he came across Eunji. She notice Baekhyun walking down the halls, so she slipped her arms around his left. He stop in his tracks and threw a death glare at her.

 

 

“What’s wrong?” She tilted her head in confusion. “Don’t you like me?”

 

 

He laughed hysterically and pulled her arm away. “What makes you think that? Just because I chose to sit next to you.” He came close to her, as she took a few steps back. Before she knew it, her back was lying against the walls. Eunji laughed along thinking he was playing around with her, so she started playing with his tie. Baekhyun harshly pulled her hand away and he was looking at her with a dead, serious look. It wasn’t the time to play on Baekhyun’s watch and she was still confused of his actions.

 

 

“You’re nothing but a paper mache doll. A doll with such perfect facial features and body. Though you are useless in the end. I may play with you in the beginning, but there is a time you could be no longer my type.” He twirled strands of her hair, giving shivers down her neck.

 

 

“Type?” She cracked.

 

 

“You think you’re the only girl I ed my whole life?”  He leaned his head alittle closer and made eye contact.

 

 

“I, myself is a player. My actions may only be for pleasure and intimacy which makes you stupid to not recognize that.” He stepped back and held out his right hand.

 

 

“Hand it over.” 

 

 

“Come on now.”  He was waiting impatiently for his cellphone that she secretly snatched the night they met. Eunji thought she would get to see him again if she stole his cellphone whom he would be crazy looking for. Of course Baekhyun was looking for his cellphone for a few days and it drove him crazy. Not just because his cellphone is something that he could use when he is bored, but he had missed calls from an important person that surely needed him. If he was not to answer those missed calls, he surely needed to bend on one knee for forgiveness. Baekhyun had other important work than school and it was worth participating in. Both people had a win win game. He did the job and in return, receive a full amount of cash in his bare hands.

 

 

Eunji groaned underneath and gave him a glare. Baekhyun was pleased and salute her, bidding her goodbye. Eunji stomped her feet angrily and went back to class feeling rejection also. Baekhyun has his time to fool around with girls, but wish of no strings attached. He has too much to worry about in his life and should not care for someone else that he just met in one night. He knew all the girls he met weren’t worth it and are just a bothersome. But Ahri isn’t one? Or is she? Will he just use her for his own pleasure and dump her the next day?

 

 

* * *

 

                                   

"Oh. It’s raining.” She heard the little raindrops hitting against the pavement. She reached her hands in her vintage backpack finding no umbrella for her to use on this rainy day. She was displeased and decided to call her mother for a ride.

 

 

“Your call has not been...”

 

 

She hanged up. Ahri had no other choice but to walk home all wet. It wasn’t the best option but it was better than waiting until the rain stop and walk home during the night. Ahri knew she shouldn’t be walking home at that time because of the scariest things that happen even to girls like her. She pressed her lips together before taking a step forward.

 

 

Huh?

 

 

She was then pulled back harshly on the of her backpack. She immediately took action and stomp the other person’s feet with her heels. And elbowing the person in the stomach. The person groaned and was aching in pain, hunching over his stomach.

 

 

“Why did you do that for?!?!” He angrily said and grasp hard on his stomach. 

 

 

Ahri felt apologetic and she didn’t mean to. She trusted her instincts and thought she should use self-defense. But it seems that person wasn’t intentionally doing it on purpose. He just wanted to stop her from going in the rain.

 

 

“I’m sorry.” She cursed herself in the inside and wish she hadn’t do that.

 

 

He was kind of irritated, but forgave her. He dusted the marks of her footsteps on his brand new shoes and rubbed the spot she hit.

 

 

“Are you alright?” She was worried and wanted to know if he was seriously injured.

 

 

“I guess.” He looked at her, but was distracted by the beauty of her eyes. It was a shade of a light brown color. He wasn’t thinking straight, until she spoke.  

 

 

“Well....I’ll be leaving now.” She tried to make an attempt to run for it assuming he might to some other action.

 

 

“Wait.” He walked beside her and opened a umbrella he had from this morning that was wide enough for two people. 

 

 

“You thought I would let you get all wet?” Ahri was surprised. Not only it was Kai who came looking for her, but she felt heart jump alittle. Her heart hasn’t reacted like that before and she grew curiosity that she should be near him.

 

 

“Is it okay if I take your hand or...”

 

 

“I can manage.” Ahri immediately said. Kai was offering her a hand, but it seems Ahri feared people.  

 

 

Kai took a step forward though felt empty space. Ahri never moved an inch. “What’s wrong?” He was quite confused that she stood in her tracks and not following him. He sensed that she was scared of him and he was right. Ahri had the right to be scared because not much people would offer to help her even the state she was in. She was a person that everyone would careless of, but not him?

 

 

“I won’t hurt you. Just....hold onto my arm.” He held it out for her to reach. Ahri hesitated for awhile, but gave in because the coldness that brushed over her skin. She felt warm all of a sudden when taking a hold of Kai. His body temperature was normal and gave off heat. Kai then moved his feet slowly, allowing for Ahri to easily walk with him. As they walked side by side, Ahri told him her address along the way. It wasn’t a bad idea for Ahri to lie about where she lived to him because she needed to get home. She was lucky that Kai found her and helped her get home, or else she might have gone missing Ahri thought. 

 

 

“Thanks. For walking me home...” Kai was standing infront of Ahri and her house.

 

 

“It’s nothing. Though thanks for the lunch again.” He tucked his left hand in the front pockets of his pants as he held the umbrella in his right that hovered above both of them.

 

 

“Your welcome.” Ahri then opened the front door with her keys and quickly stepped in.

 

 

“Well....goodbye.” She awkwardly said and closed the door before him.

 

 

Little did she know, Kai was really thankful of her giving him lunch. It was delicious and neatly made. Not every girl he met did this kind of thing for him. All they wanted was his lips, but mostly his body. He was like a boy toy just as Baekhyun and the rest of his boys. Kai had such beautiful facial features and the body that all girls would drool over. But Ahri wasn’t those girls. Kai knew she was different from everyone.

 

 

Kai turned around to take a glimpse at her house once again and it gave off such a warmth feeling to his heart. But his heart felt like it was stabbed by thorns. Little droplets of the rain came down becoming into raining cats and dogs. Kai wasn’t bothered by it because he didn’t want to miss a glimpse of what just entered in the house. Would he be able to get close to this beautiful creature?   


I really want to say THANK YOU to those who subscribed to my story!!! Even if it's not that many, you are my motivation to write this story:) I hope to hear your thoughts about Ahri. Have you figured out whats wrong with her? Also, have you been watching EXO Showtime? Baekhyun....I have gone speechless. LOL :D   

     

HAHAHAHA. Our Baekhyun has become a diva and I love it. Sory for the long update. 

Comment below and try guessing. Don't be afraid to comment because I would like to hear your opinions.

-Cassi