Stuck In My Head

Don't You Ever Give Up ?!

Taemin POV

 

Taemin sat in the cafeteria in school during lunch and listened to his friends endless complaining about this weeks homework. He had already finished his math and english homework so he was in no rush to do the rest. He drank the last of his coffee and sighed. Three more classes awaited, maybe he should just sneak home. Nah, that wouldn't do either. He sighed again, it was raining slightly outside. There were a small rainbow on the sky and Taemin followed it from end to end with his eyes. It was a rather beautiful day. Somehow, at the word beautiful, a face appeared in his mind. A beautiful girl. Taemin smiled, it was Jessica. He imagined her walking in here, in her blue dress swaying in the wind, reaching out to take his hand and pull him up with a smile and take him away from here. He laughed to himself, as if that would happen. And wasn't he the guy, the knight in shining armour ? He couldn't need to be saved by a princess, he was a man. He wondered how Jessica was doing on her first day in her new university. Guys would probably be all over such a pretty face, wouldn't they. He could see it clearly, guys offering her a seat, carrying her books around and buying her snacks. Taemin gritted his teeth and turned away from the window. He ended up just staring at the table instead and continuing his thoughts of that girl. Some nerve she had, invading his thoughts like this, Taemin wasn't the type of guy to spend a lot of time thinking about girls. He had never been in a serious relationship although he had dated a few girls from the shcool for short periods of time. He didn't easily get attached to people although it seemed a lot of people liked him. Taemin looked around the table at his friends, he couldn't remember how they all had become friends, he couldn't even say that all these people were really his friends. Though he was certain about Minhyuk, his childhood friend. He was probably the only one Taemin depended on at times. Though Taemin preferred not to depend on people too much, who knew when they would be separated ? It was best to always stand on your own feet and not lean on anyone in case that person moved and then you would fall. That was his philosophy. He was an easy going kind of guy.

 

- Yah Taemin are you asleep ?! The guy next to him shoke him.

- Maybe. Taemin said and yawned.

- Ah really, are you not the slightest worried about the test ?! The guy waved a bunch of paper in Taemin's face.

- Test...what test... Taemin was clueless.

- Never mind him, he passes everyting. Minhyuk said.

 

Taemin shrugged and layed down over the table. It was true, he had hardly ever failed anything school related. He slept and day dreamed most of the time in school away yet he always managed to pass tests, even get top scores. He was the third best student in his year, he probably could have been number one but he always refused to take part in competitions and club activities. Minhyuk was president of the math club and always tried to make him join but it was way too much work for Taemin. Who cared about winning nationals in math anyway, who cared about winning anything school related. It was just too much work, Taemin didn't want to spend his weekends in school practising maths. He couldn't see why anyone would want that to be honest, he thought all the math nerds must be a little out of their mind. Noh Soojung, president of the chess club was also eager to make him join them, he had been in the chess club during their first year actually. Though he found chess way to dull to practise every day and therefor he had withdrawed the next year, Soojung still wasn't having it though, every time she saw him she would remind him of how missed he was. Taemin sighed, why was he thinking about these stupid things, he should probably study. He forced himself to a sitting position and dived in to his history book, he couldn't always slack off, he wasn't lazy.

 

Jessica POV

 

Jessica sat horrified during japanese class. She hadn't realized how much she had fallen behind last year. She litterly had no idea what she was doing and the teacher might have as well been speaking italian because she didn't understand anything at all. She didn't know what do, she looked around, everyone else was taking notes, Jessica wish she could just sink through the floor. She couldn't affored to fail any classes this year.

 

- Psst, here. A guy tapped her arm and handed her a bunch of papers.

 

Jessica accepted the papers with a confused look. She looked through them, they were the notes for the class ! This guy had even been able to make an extra copy during this short time ?!

 

- Thank you ! Jessica squeezed his hand and bowed her head.

 

The guy blushed and began paying attention to the teacher again. Jessica was stunned, the level the students kept at this school was a million times higher than her at her old university. At this point she was going to have to study 24/7 or cheat to pass her courses. Even then she would be struggling ! Jessica began to think she had ended up in hell. This couldn't be normal...could it ?! Jessica sighed.

 

After classes ended and Jessica was making her way out of the university grounds a group of girls came up to her.

 

- Hi ! I'm Lee Subin. A girl introduced herself and the others followed.

- You're Jessica right ? I heard you're new here, welcome. Subin continued.

- Um yes, hi, nice to meet you. Jessica answered.

- Do you know Seunghyeon ? All the girls looked interested in her answer.

- Who ? Jessica had no idea.

- Eh, the guy next to you in japanese class. So you don't know him ? Subin asked.

- Oh, no,  I don't. Jessica realized she hadn't even learned his name until now.

- Oh well, we were just wondering, you looked close but if that's the case then... Subin said with an odd tone.

- Yes that's it. Jessica said awkwardly.

- Well you have nice day then ! Bye ! Subin flashed her a huge smile before she and her followers walked off.

 

Jessica wondered what that was all about. It seemed like that Subin girl had not just randomly asked that. Jessica hoped he wans't her boyfriend and that it had seem like she had flirted with hime or anything. She really didn't want to get in trouble with anyone so early on and she wasn't interested in flirting with handsome guys anyway, allthough Seunghyeon was indeed very handsome...