Meeting You

Don't You Ever Give Up ?!

Jessica POV

 

Jessica woke up to the sound of her alarm. She quickly turned it off and jumped out of bed. This was it, her new life started now ! She looked around in her new apartment, she was so pleased and excited. There was a also a sligtly annoying thought of worry in her head. She had to make sure she didn't screw anything up on her first day. Jessica had spent hours choosing the perfect clothes for her first day. She needed to fit in and make friends. A little fun and good grades was all she needed, last year she hadn't had either of those two things. Jessica put on the dress she chose yester day. Yep, it was still pretty and she liked the color blue alot. Now the hair, straight or curly or...any of the other million choices, no bangs or bangs or side bangs ? She tried some different styles. She ended up with bangs and curls and some light makeup.

 

- Now...shoes... Jessica said to herself and stared at all her shoes still stuffed in boxes.

 

In the end she decided to close her eyes and just grab some, it didn't work the first time... The second time though she had a pair of pretty matching ones. She went through her bag a million time to make sure she had everything with her. And then she left her home.

 

- One ticket please. Jessica was in the nearest subway station.

- Here you go, enter your code please.

- Ok, thank you.

- There you go, have a nice day miss.

- You too, thank you sir.

 

Jessica looked around for directions. The subway station was rather small and she soon find her way. On the ride there she tried to memorize which stations she passed. She checked which one she should get off on and made sure she would have enough time. As she got off she still had an hour before she needed to be at school. She took a free map and began to walk in what she hoped was the right direction.

 

- Excuse me ! Sorry, could you tell me where Seoul International Woman's University is ? Jessica asked a woman walking by.

- Oh. It's about a 25 minute walk straight to the left from here. The woman pointed to a street.

- Oh really ? Jessica said surprised since she thought it would be really near by at this point.

- Yes, if you would've taken the subway to the 42nd stop you could see it from the station.

- Oh...thank you miss ! Jessica bowed and the woman continued on her way.

 

This meant Jessica could've gotten of a station later than she thought. She sighed to herself. Well her only option was to continue walking and hope she wold get there in time.

 

Taemin POV

 

Taemin dragged himself out of the apartment, his roomates had already left for school two hours ago to study. He then realized he would be about half an hour late. For a moment he thought about staying home but if his parents found out they would probably kill him. And he was already slightly behind in a few subjects so the teachers wouldn't approve of him not showing to class again. So he grabbed an apple and his stuff and took off. It was a nice day, a little cold and rain hanging in the air. Suppose most people wouldn't find that nice but Taemin did. It was relaxing and it made you alert. Taemin got on the bus and sat down, there were barely no people on it. Everybody who had work and school was long gone by now. And yeah everyone had work and school he realized, except really old people. He wondered where they were at an hour like this.

 

- Last stop. The driver announced.

 

Taemin waved and got off. He decided to hurry even though he didn't feel like it at all, it was the right thing to do. A man should make his appointments on time. He put on his ipod and jogged on towards his shcool. He went past the subway station and continued down the main street for a bit before he turned left. He was grateful the street wasn't too crowded as he sick sacked between people. He could still keep up his pace. He turned right just before the woman's university and now he could see his school at the end of the street. There were no students outside so he was late efter all.

 

- Damn it. He put away is ipod and started running.

 

He ran past a girl and just after he entered the gates of his school he heard a loud thud. Taemin turned around and saw the girl he just passed on her knees picking up her belongings. She must've felt. He looked up at his school and then back at the girl. He sighed and walked back to her, he bent down and picked some of her stuff up.

 

- Here you go. He handed over her wallet and a folder.

- Thank you ! The girl said out of breath.

- No problem. He noticed some papers blowing away from them and went to get them.

- You didn't have to ! The girl said and looked up at him.

- It's ok, no problem really. He handed her the papers, he noticed they were transfer documents.

- You're going to the university ? He asked.

- Yes. The girl said insecurely and looked around.

- You've passed it. Taemin let out a small laugh.

- What ?! The girl stared at him.

- You should've continued forward there. Taemin pointed to where they both had come from.

- Oh it. The girl bursted out and Taemin got a little shocked.

- Eh, you want me to follow you there ? He said although he didn't really feel like getting even later.

- You would, really ? Just untill I see it. The girl looked lost as she looked aorund their surroundings.

- Sure. Taemin started walking and the girl followed, followed very slowly her realized.

- Are you ok ? He turned around and looked at her, her right ankle looked rather swollen.

- Oh I'm fine. She forced a smile and tried to hurry up.

- Let me carry your bag. Taemin offered and held out his hands.

- I can carry it myself. She said without looking at him.

- I didn't mean to hurt your pride. Taemin laughed and looked at her amused, she was rather cute.

- It wasn't hurt ! She said defensively.

- Ok, ok. He held up his hands.

- Ouch ! The girl stumbled and nearly tripped again.

- Maybe not the right choice eh ? Taemin looked at her heels and grinned.

- Can't run nowhere in those. He pointed out.

- I wouldn't run no matter how late I am ! She snorted.

- You- Taemin began but was cut off.

- Stop with the critizism ! The girl said angrily.

- I was just going to say that this is it. Taemin smirked and pointed to a huge brick builiding.

- Oh. The girl blushed.

- Thank you... She mumbled.

- You're welcome. Taemin smiled.

- Ok, I gotta go, bye ! The girl said and waved.

 

Taemin waved and watched her dissappear into the main doors of the building. Then he began walking back to his own school. At this point he must be more than an hour late so he wasn't in a hurry. It wouldn't matter how late he was now he was still going to get scolded by his teachers and friends. So he walked in a slow pace and dreaded the moment he would come in. As he was almost at the gates again he saw something pink on the ground. He looked closer and picked it up, it was a very small notebook. "Jessica Jung" it said on the back, that's when he realized he never introduced himself to the girl earlier. So Jessica must be her name since the notebook matched the folder he had handed her, it had to be hers. Jessica, he hadn't realized she was a foreginer when they talked. Taemin decided to take the notebook for now since the girl probably wouldn't remember the way back here even if she went looking for it. Chances were they would run in to each other again. Taemin smiled and entered the gates of his school, still thinking of Jessica.