Final Planning

The Mission That Changed Their Lives Rewrite

The sun shone through the windows of Kyuhyun's window the next morning as brightly as it could possibly get.

After the initial shock and the rushing blood through the trio's veins the day before, everything was put into motion. Everything was discussed and planned with Soo-man until every possibility had been considered.

The founder of SM Entertainment had agreed to pay for all travel expenses, as long as they kept receipts and contacted him a few times a week at the very least. They were being provided with an Embraer Lineage 1000 private jet which Soo Man described as “one of the most luxurious jets in South Korea” and was suitable for their needs. Joeun and Sungjun had looked excited at the prospect of flying in such a private jet while Kyuhyun had just sat in shock. 

Even now he couldn't believe that the ex-singer had agreed to help them. It was a miracle. Honestly, it seemed like he wasn't the only one who wanted Super Junior together again.

Soo-man had also mentioned how Kyuhyun was exactly going to set off on his adventure.

Concert abduction.

As soon as he heard it, the young singer felt uneasy. So much could go wrong; what if one of the members prevented them from leaving the stage? What about the fans? The security?

As it was, the SM Entertainment producer had thought of some of these factors and more. Security at the concert, and later the airport, would be under The National Secrets Act. Other key people involved in the farce like pilots and hosts of the plane were also going to be under the Act. Soo-man had said this was to prevent the leakage of information that could tell people the whole thing was a farce.

None of them needed that scandal on their hands until the mission was a success. 

As for the members, they agreed that Kyuhyun should stay as close to the stage exit as he could to prevent any member mishaps. As the exit was also a pretty dark area, they were relying on the shadows to conceal the majority of the abduction from the fans.

However, there was one thing that was an issue.

The upcoming fifth album.

Soo-man said that he still wanted Kyuhyun's vocals on the albums, and if need be they could record him while he was abroad and edit them in. Of course, such a thing would be a secret from his hyungs until the day the music video is released.

It was the best that could be done.

They could say that Kyuhyun recorded the vocals beforehand, but that meant they had to start recording to make the excuse sound legit. Soo-man wouldn't have the vocals scratched out either, in fear of a fan rebellion.

Kyuhyun sighed and shook his head at the thought, sitting up in his bed.

A fan rebellion was bound to happen at some point in the year.

'Alright now, Kyuhyun...'' The singer thought to himself. 'No more moping around in bed. It's a week until the plan is set into motion. Everything needs to be ready.'

The man got out of bed and stretched, before heading towards his bedroom door. As he stepped out and closed it behind him, he smelled the scent of ramen wafting through the dorm. A smile lit up on his face, and as he swiftly stalked into the kitchen, he paid no heed to the members gathered in the living room, watching him with avid eyes.

As soon as he left the kitchen with a steaming bowl of shrimp ramen, slurping at the noodles, he was pinned in place by sharp eyes.

"Kyuhyun," Leeteuk greeted. "How nice of you to join us. Nice sleep?"

Kyuhyun froze in his slurping, meeting eyes with his hyung, before slurping the rest of the noodles up sloppily and loudly with a smirk.

The rest of Super Junior, scattered on the couches in the living room, rolled their eyes.

"It was a good sleep, hyung," Kyuhyun answered, suspicious. 

It's not often that the remaining members of Super Junior gather.

"Indeed," The leader smiled before patting the seat next to him. Kyuhyun eyed it for a moment before moving towards it and sitting down heavily.

It was quiet and awkward for a moment.

"Did you need to talk to me hyung?"

Leeteuk nodded hastily. "Is anything wrong, Kyuhyun-ah? You've been acting odd recently."

Kyuhyun blinked at them all.

Had it been that obvious he was planning something?

"You didn't even comment on me moving out of our room when you first started acting weird, Kyuhyun-ah," Sungmin mentioned quietly. "I've been sleeping on the couch for the last week."

So, not only had he been obvious, but he'd been oblivious too?

Kyuhyun opened his mouth to apologise, then shut it again.

Wouldn't apologising be out of character?

"I have not been with it for the last week, hyung," He said instead, choosing his words carefully. "I haven't noticed a lot of things,"

Kyuhyun's eyes flitted around the room, looking for something to exploit and bring the attention off him so he could eat his ramen.

As his eyes zeroed in on something so disturbing, he smirked.

"Like that pair of dirty underwear festering under the couch there,"

And in the chaos that ensued, Kyuhyun was able to sneak away evilly chuckling with his bowl of ramen in hand.


 

"Are you sure we'll need this?" Sungjun questioned as he pulled out a bottle of clear liquid, wrinking his nose at the sweet smell it produced.

Joeun looked at him from where she was picking stuff out and snorted in amusement. "You heard Soo-man-shi. It has to look realistic. Everything does."

"Yeah, but why couldn't we just pretend to knock him out?"

"Some people can see that easily if it's recorded. The best bet is to literally knock him out."

Sungjun sighed and placed the clear bottle back into the holdall bag they were placing the "kidnapping equipment" into.

"I'm not sure about all this, Joeun-ah," Sungjun admitted sheepishly. "What if we hurt him?"

"He's a grown man, he can look after himself," She replied bluntly.

Sungjun sighed and hugged Joeun from behind, placing his head at the side of her neck.

"I hope you're right."

"I know I'm right," She smiled and stayed still, letting him have a little bit of comfort. "But just in case some things do go a bit wrong, I brought some backup stuff..."

Sungjun pulled away slightly and looked at her curiously.

"Oh?"

The woman rooted through the box she was examining for a moment, and then pulled out some miniture metal tubes.

"Are those...?"

"Smoke bombs!" 

"Joeun!"

"What?" She smiled again, placing them on the table side. "These will mask our get-away. My cousin gave them to me!"

"Yeah, but couldn't we use them to mask the kidnapping instead of drugging Kyuhyun?!"

"It's not drugging-"

""You're planning on using chloroform! I consider that drugging!"


 

Back at the Super Junior dorm, the chaos had calmed down and they had realised that Kyuhyun had snuck away.

"Aish, that maknae..." Heechul scratched his head. 

"You'd think he was hiding something," Eunhyuk muttered. The whole room sent him incredulous stares.

"He is hiding something. Seriously, where have you been monkey boy?" Heechul snorted.

"Hey, at least I'm not preening myself like sme peacock all the time!"

The room chuckled quietly.

"Did you see how tired he looked though?" Donghae asked the room.

"Who?"

"Kyuhyun-ah."

"You're right," Yesung commented. "He really looks worn down."

"I wonder if something happened." Ryeowook fretted. "Maybe a family member died."

"No matter what happened, we must be here for him," Leeteuk firmly stated. "We have to try and cheer him up."

"How would we do that though, hyung?" Siwon asked.

It was quiet for a moment, before a small voice spoke up.

"I have an idea."

And with that, Sungmin snapped his phone out and started to call Yunho.

 


 

Later that day, Super Junior got a message from Soo-man.

"What do you mean we have a Seoul concert on the 28th of May?!" Leeteuk angrily said. "That's too short notice!"

"It has to be done, Leeteuk." Soo-man bluntly stated on the phone. "The concert will go forward."

"But Kyuhyun-"

"What about Kyuhyun?"

Leeteuk glanced towards the maknae sprawled on the couch with a PSP in hand. He lowered his voice a little as he replied. "He's not been acting right recently. We don't know what's wrong."

Soo-man's crackly sigh came through the speaker. "Kyuhyun-ah has been through a rough time recently. Look, I give you permission to go in whatever direction you want for the concert if it makes you happier. You have to do it though." 

Leeteuk bit his lip. "Okay, Soo-man-shi."

"Thank you," 

And with that, the call was cut.

Leeteuk stared at the phone in hand for a moment, before yelling out.

"Yah! Everyone, to the living room!"

Kyuhyun jumped in his spot on the couch, and shot Leeteuk a withering glare before returning to his game.

However, as everyone trailed into the room, Kyuhyun only had two words on his lips.

"I LOST!" He whined, and Leeteuk smirked.

At least some good things came from the announcement.

As everyone settled into the living room, with Kyuhyun sulking on the couch, the Super Junior leader cleared his throat. The managers were there too, lingering by the door.

"Lee Soo-man sunbaenim has organised a Seoul concert for the 28th."

"WHAT?!" The majority of the room shot up, the two managers' mouths gaping open like guppies.

However, only one person didn't respond in a surprised manner.

Kyuhyun's posture had stiffened.

"Yeah," Leeteuk frowned again. "They gave us permission to go in whatever direction we want with the concert, so we have to plan a bit."

A manager bit his lip, before checking his watch. 

"Kyuhyun," He muttered. "You have a vocal training session in ten minutes."

It didn't even take five seconds for Kyuhyun to shoot out of the room and shuffle into his shoes, before darting out of the dorm.

"He knew," The manager stated as soon as Kyuhyun was gone. Leeteuk agreed quickly and sighed.

"Well, we now know how Sungmin's idea is going to slip in to cheer up Kyuhyun..."

And as the room all agreed with each other, they were all thinking the same thing.

How did Kyuhyun know about the concert already?