The Meeting

The Mission That Changed Their Lives Rewrite

It was raining again by the time Kyuhyun reached the Super Junior dorms. 

It was frightful how dull and sad the weather was. There had been few sunny days recently, and when it wasn't raining the normally bright blue sky of Seoul was dull and grey, the cloud covering the majority of it.

The Super Junior maknae wasn't sure if he liked it or not.

As he entered the mysteriously quiet dorm, he thought about everything. About what he was going to do, how he was going to do it, and most importantly, what he would say to Lee Soo-man to persuade him that all this would be a good idea. The man might think it as stupid for Kyuhyun to go now, with the new album so close, but if he explained... It was for the greater good. Even if fans and members hurt for a little while - though he doubted it - it would be worth it if he brought back the members that were missing and were causing so much pain already.

It had to be done.

Kyuhyun shrugged off his coat and shuffled out of his shoes, before creeping into the darkened living room, attempting to stay quiet.

He lasted five seconds before the lights were switched on and he was greeted with a furious Leeteuk and worried members. 

"Cho Kyuhyun," Leeteuk greeted quietly. "Do you have a good reason as to why you missed your vocal training?"

Kyuhyun was quiet, thinking. He had to have a good backstory as to why he was at Sungjun's. He couldn't exactly tell them the truth.

However, he waited too long with his answer.

"Cho Kyuhyun, don't ignore me," Leeteuk stepped forward and grabbed hold of the maknae's shoulders roughly.

Kyuhyun frowned at the leader, but stayed still and quiet.

'What can I even tell him? Aish... I should have thought of this before arriving home!'

"I..." Kyuhyun started, but paused, thinking.

Leeteuk, getting impatient, shook Kyuhyun lightly, the disapproving frown deepening.

"I was helping Sungjun-hyung," Kyuhyun decided on finally.

"With?"

"... His girlfriend has influenza and he needed help with dealing with it,"

Leeteuk blinked and let loose Kyuhyun's shoulders. He was expecting something else.

"His girlfriend?"

Kyuhyun nodded sagely. "She's extremely sick and has been throwing up a lot. She also loves Super Junior and I think meeting us all would cheer her up-"

Leeteuk fully let go of Kyuhyun, shaking his head. "That would be amazing to do, Kyuhyun, but we have a concert soon. We wouldn't want to contract the influenza..."

Kyuhyun inwardly smirked. "That would severely upset her, hyung-"

"Well, we can go visit her after the influenza maybe?"

Kyuhyun lowly chuckled, attracting the attention of his hyungs. "That's okay, hyung. Anyway, I'm going to go to my room."

As the maknae left, he was thinking one thought.

'Evil maknae strikes again!'

Meanwhile, back in the living room, Leeteuk was talking things over with his dongsaengs. 

"Something isn't right..." Heechul muttered. "He's lying."

The leader nodded. "I know. But I trust him to tell us what he was doing when he's ready."

All of the them nodded, and looked towards Kyuhyun's closed bedroom door.

'Something just isn't right...'


 

It had been a week since the planning began and it was getting duller by the day.

It was now the 20th of May, the day of the meeting, but fans, media and artists alike were concerned about a certain member of Super Junior.

He acted strange in shows and even said he'd give up StarCraft on a charity show.

As expected, the fans were panicking over such a thing.

'Is he sick?! Get well soon, Kyuhyun-oppa!'

'How come I get the feeling he's going to run away and never come back, like Hankyung did?'

'Kyuhyun-oppa would never do such a thing! Oppa, fighting!'

However, no one knew how close to the truth the second comment had been.

He was going to run away, but he was going to come back.

That had to be a good thing, right?

As for StarCraft... While he did usually say he'd give up cooking on such shows, this gave him time to get away from StarCraft for a little while, so it wouldn't distract him. He'd make a new account for it when he was on his way. Other members played the game; if they saw him online, the surprise would be ruined.

Another thing fans noticed and became concerned about was the lack of snarky comments. Kyuhyun hadn't been performing well on variety shows. Even his manager had come up to him, and had asked if everything was okay.

The answer was always the same.

"I'm fine."

At the moment, though, Kyuhyun was walking towards Lee Soo-man’s office after making sure he friends got through. Everyone in the halls was "subtlety" stopping to stare at him, even the artists which were there for practices. Already he had passed f(x)’s Victoria and Krystal, (who openly stared at him with a frown) SNSD’s Seohyun, (who just looked at him before looking away towards a bunch of talking trainees) SHINee, (who attempted to spy on him but completely failed when Onew tripped over his foot) TVXQ! (who looked like they moping, but when they noticed him, stood up and looked very shifty) and finally he had seen all of his Super Junior hyungs at least three times while he’s been walking. If he didn’t know better, he’d think they were stalking him, but as the maknae had other things on his mind, it didn’t occur to him that yes, his hyungs would do that if it meant they found out what was up with him.

When he finally arrived at the office of Lee Soo-man, it was to an amusing scene.

"What did you do?" Kyuhyun questioned a cowering Sungjun, chuckling at his misfortune.

"Why do you blame me, Kyuhyun-ah?" He whined childishly. Joeun snorted and glared harder at her boyfriend.

"Because it's obviously your fault!" She turned away from the pouting man.

The maknae of Super Junior chuckled again as a dark haired beauty approached them from the secretary desk. Her face had a look of pure annoyance.

"Can I help you at all?" She questioned them snootily. "You're making a lot of noise and if you don't have an appointment I'll ask you to leave please."

Kyuhyun frowned at the rude woman, recognising her voice from the phone call a week ago.

"Kim Hyeon-young-shi, I am Cho Kyuhyun and I have an appointment with Lee Soo-man sunbaenim."

The woman narrowed her eyes, before stalking back to her desk, the heels making noise on the wooden floors. As Kyuhyun and his two friends approached the desk, she leafed through some papers.

Eventually, she found what she was looking for and pressed the intercom button to convey a message to Lee Soo-man. "Lee Soo-man-shi, I have Cho Kyuhyun and two others here to see you on appointment. Can he be sent through?"

The speaker cracked out a response a moment later. "Hyeon-young-ah, please send them through."

Hyeon-young nodded before sending the trio through.

As soon as they had gone through into the office and the double doors were closed, Hyeon-young frowned towards the entrance to the secretary office.

"You can show yourselves now."

As she said the words, sheepish idols from Super Junior, SHINee and TVXQ! moved into the office, looking slightly shy.

Hyeon-young was not amused in the slightest. "You won't get anything from here. If you want to know what is happening with Kyuhyun-shi, you should ask him yourself. Now out!"

And with that, she grabbed a nearby broom and began showing them out, using the broom as an incentive, otherwise they would find themselves being walloped.

However, before they left, they could hear a raised and desperate voice of a certain maknae.

"Soo-man sunbae, please. You need to listen to me about this. Please. Let me finish before you come to any rash conclusions,"

'Kyuhyun!' They all thought in horrified worry as the secretary closed the outer door to the office behind them.


 

Soo-man was not easily surprised. 

But he had to admit he had been when Kyuhyun organised an appointment with him.

And now, as he looked at the three young adults he front of him, he considered just how much Kyuhyun had grown up in the last several years.

He nodded his head towards Kyuhyun, telling him to explain everything.

And so the maknae did.

He went from how Super Junior truly acted when there were no cameras around to how the spirit had been out of them. He told the founder of how he wanted to find the five members - Han Geng, Kibum, Kangin, Henry and Zhou Mi - and bring them back, if only for one concert. Just for the anniversary. Afterward, they could all go back. They just had to give a goodbye stage to those who wouldn't return. 

Everything, from the unfinished plans to the motives, were explained to the unemotional Lee Soo-man.

Eventually, the full story was out, and there was a steady silence.

"Why would you need me?" Soo-man questioned in a slow voice. 

"You're someone I trust in the company," Kyuhyun admitted. "Someone who I thought would support this, and fund it."

Soo-man leaned back in his chair and thought.

It was quiet for five minutes, with only the erratic breaths of Kyuhyun breaking the silence.

Eventually, Soo-man cleared his throat and sat up.

He looked directly into Kyuhyun's eyes.

His heart started to beat faster and faster.

'Please... Please...'

Eventually, Soo-man opened his mouth to give the verdict.

"You thought correctly. I will support this, and I will fund it."