Two

Love Blossom

“Sire, if you don’t open this door in two seconds, I’m going to enter!” Kibum was knocking on Jonghyun’s bedroom door for ten minutes but the prince was still not answering. “You told us to not be late and we waited for you for 30 minutes! Are you listening? I’m going to enter!”

With his hand on the knob, Key twisted it and pushed the door back, revealing a half- prince. Jonghyun quickly turned to Key’s direction, smiling smugly. He didn’t open the door nor answer on purpose; he wanted to see the other fairy reaction when seeing him like this.

“Dress something; I think I’m starting to lose my sight.”

Jonghyun’s jaw dropped. That was not the reaction he expected. Where was the stutter or the goose bumps? Heck, why wasn’t he even shy? The prince walked to the other and grabbed his face, inspecting his cheeks.   Ah, ah! There it was! They were changing color. So Key was just pretending not to be affected. It would be impossible though. No one could be that serene after seeing his toned abs. The countless screams he heard every time he took off his shirt in the middle of his trainings were enough proof.

So he was really surprised when his hand was swatted by the other fairy.

“What’s wrong with you? Get off me!”

“Why… why aren’t you…”

Key took a step back and rubbed his temples with closed eyes. “Sire, please, hurry up. We have to leave now.” When he opened his eyes, Jonghyun was still looking at him without blinking. “Will you please come back to reality?”

“Hum?”

“Get dressed! We’re waiting by the gates!”

 With that, Kibum turned his back on the prince and quickly left the room, wanting to get out of there as fast as possible. He really didn’t want to deal with Jonghyun’s weirdness in the morning. What was wrong with him? If he was going to be like that every morning, this journey would be really hard for him and for the others. Maybe he should work on controlling his anger.

**

Junghee was about to run to Jonghyun’s bedroom and threatening him about tell their mother that they were late because of him, when the prince appeared, walking slowly. Junghee looked at Kibum, seeing his color turn to red again and decided to intervene before the two male fairies think about starting another discussion.

“Jonghyun, can you run, or fly, or something faster than what you’re doing? We’re late and we have a long journey ahead.”

“Oh, sorry.” Jonghyun said, smiling when he saw Key’s color, continuing to think that that has something to do with his abs. “Here I am, we can go now.” He turned to Taeyeon and added, bowing: “Taeyeon-ssi.”

“Finally! Seriously, why do I have to come with you? I mean, why do you have to come?” Key said, sighing and starting to walk. “I’m sure that I could be coming back with the elves right now.”

“I can arrest you, you know?” Jonghyun asked, trying to show a serious expression. “I’m your prince; you shouldn’t be talking with me like that. But fine, I’ll ignore you until we find the elves.” He said, turning to Junghee and Taeyeon. “Let’s go.”

Kibum decided to walk faster, pulling Taeyeon with him, leaving the royalty behind. Right after they passed the gates of their fairy town, the four of them were mesmerized with the view. All the things were pretty big compared to them, especially the trees. None of them had left the kingdom; their responsibilities were others than to explore the world outside.  

The day wasn’t too hot, so it wasn’t hard to walk. Actually, the time was passing really fast and, when they noticed, the sky was getting dark. Taeyeon was feeling tired and decided to talk with someone so she could ignore her feet starting to ask for rest.

“Kibum.” She said, clearing and looking at the other fairy. “Hum, can I ask you something?”

“Yes, of course you can.”

“What happened? I mean, why the other fairies decided to attack us? We had an alliance, didn’t we? I thought we were kind of friends now."

“Yeah, but things changed. Their Queen talked with our Queen and they decided to connect their children. So, prince Jonghyun was supposed to marry Princess Krystal. But when they met, Jonghyun didn’t like Krystal… In a short sentence, she wasn’t his type. He talked with Queen Victoria and she is trying to call off the marriage.”

“But Princess Krystal wants to marry him…” Taeyeon continued, making the scenario on her head.

“Exactly.” Key said, smiling at her. “I don’t know why but she still wants to marry him and her mother supports her so they decided that it would be a good idea to threaten us.” He explained, looking at Taeyeon’s serious expression. “You were expecting more, weren’t you?”

“No, I just think it’s kind of weird fighting for something like that.”

Kibum was thinking about something to answer when he heard a voice coming from behind. When he turned around, he saw Jonghyun lying on the floor while Junghee was trying not to laugh.

“I’m so tired! We need to stop right now.” Jonghyun said, hardly breathing. “It’s already dark and we need to find a place to sleep. There’s no way we can find the elves today.”

“God, you get tired so fast!” Key said, pretending not to be tired, frowning to look more convincing.

“What do you mean? We’re walking for hours!”

“Okay, I think we can rest here.” Taeyeon said, trying to avoid what was about to happen, thinking that if her feet had their own life and could leave her body, they were running to Jonghyun and hugging him at this moment. “The plants are really high; I don’t think someone could find us here.”

They all agreed and, some minutes later, they were on the floor trying to sleep. The day was tiring and they were too excited to just shut up and fall asleep. Jonghyun and Junghee were talking about what to do the next day, after the sunrise and throughout the conversation, they were speaking louder. After a while, Kibum sat and looked angrily at them.

“Can you please shut up?” He shouted, covering his ears. “I want to sleep, if you two don’t mind.”

“What?” Jonghyun asked, yawning.

“Weren’t you tired? If you want me to be awake after the sunrise, you need to let me sleep now.”

“Sorry.” Junghee said, turning around and closing her eyes. “Good night.”

“Good night.” They answered at the same time. It didn’t take too long until they all fall asleep.

**

The first rays of the sun entered Taeyeon’s eyes, waking her. The fairy turned around, refusing to get up so early but she couldn’t fall asleep again. The sun was determined to follow her eyes, so she decided to get up, looking around to realize that she was actually the first to wake up. Jonghyun was sleeping with his arms outstretched, Kibum was sleeping with a smile on his face, like he was dreaming, and Junghee was… Junghee wasn’t sleeping. Junghee wasn’t there. An alarm ringed on Taeyeon’s head when a bad feeling made her shake. Not knowing what to do, she decided that the only thing she could do would be waking the two boys.

“She must be somewhere washing her face.” Jonghyun said, with his eyes still closed. “Don’t worry, she’ll be here in a few minutes.”

“How can you be so calm?” Taeyeon asked with a worried expression. “She’s your sister.”

“Yeah, and she’ll back in a few minutes!” the prince said, looking around. “Let’s wait a little.”

They waited for an hour and Junghee still wasn’t there. Everyone was getting really worried and Kibum decided to scream, so she could hear him if she had get lost.

“Princess Junghee!” He yelled, waiting for a voice to answer. Nothing.

“Oh my God, what happened?” Jonghyun asked, with his hands on his head, and walking really fast. “JUNGHEE!”

“Calm down, we need to think.” Taeyeon said when she saw Jonghyun trembling.

“How can I calm down? Someone kidnapped my sister and I didn’t notice. It’s my fault!” He said, shaking his head. “I’m feeling awful. JUNGHEE! YOU BETTER BE FINE!”

“We’re going to find her!” Key said, trusting his own words. “I’m going to fly above the trees, you two search on the ground.”

The two of them watched Key batting his wings and disappeared through the trees and then looked at each other, silently agreeing in going separated ways to try to find Junghee as soon as possible. After an hour of searching, Taeyeon came back to her original place, where they left their things, only to find Kibum coming back too. She quickly ran to him and called his name, announcing her presence.

“Did you find anything?”

“Nothing.” He shook his head, disappointed. “There’s no sight of her.”

“What are you going to do? We can’t go back without the princess, we’ll be executed!” Taeyeon freaked out, starting to walk in circles. “What about Jonghyun? Why isn’t he back yet? I should have gone with him. Maybe they were waiting for him to be alone to take him too.” Suddenly, she turned to the other fairy and walked to him. “Kibum, we have to run. We can never go back without the two!”

“I’m here!”

Both Kibum and Taeyeon turned back to see a giant ball of something running to them. Taeyeon’s first reaction was to grab her arch.

“What is that? Kibum, hide behind me.”

But Key was too busy laughing, clutching his stomach to listen to her. Not understanding his friend’s reaction and actually listening to what the odd thing was saying, Taeyeon lowered his arch analyzing that weird thing until she came to a conclusion.

“Oh my god! Sire!” She widened her eyes and dropped her things on the floor to run to Jonghyun. “Why are you like this? Did anything happen to you?”

“Relax, noona, that’s just his power.” Key said, approaching them, still giggling. “Now, now, sire, you need to relax too, okay? Yes, that’s more like it; you’re already coming back to normal, see?”

Jonghyun was slowly returning to his natural form but now he was fuming with anger towards Key. How dare he laugh in his face? And about his power! This Kim Kibum was so going to get it when they return to the castle. But first things first! Now he needed to discuss some serious matters about his sister.

 “I take it that you didn’t find Junghee.” He said and that had the two of them look at him with more serious expressions. “From now on, I want you two to stop calling me ‘sire’ or ‘prince’ or anything that might give my identity away. We need to be careful.”

“How should we call you then?”

“Simply Jonghyun.” He stated, smiling to Taeyeon, glaring at Kibum then. “I expect you to add hyung to the end.”

Kibum rolled his eyes. “Pf, keep dreaming.”

“Kim Kibum!” He called, irritated making Key look at him with wide eyes. “You will do as I say. Just because I’m saying this don’t forget who I am and what I could do to you when we go back. Are we clear?”

Reluctantly, the other fairy nodded his head and looked away. Jonghyun then proceeded to tell them how he thinks that the ones who kidnapped Junghee were the Elves because they were in their territory and they never send a notice to tell the Elves that they were coming. So now they needed to get to their castle even faster than before.

After the explanation, the three of them get on their way. This time there was no time to take in the view or for little conversations. All they wanted and had in mind was to get to the castle and explained the situation to the Elves and get back Junghee. Hopefully, they wouldn’t hurt her.

 

Here's the second chapter! Hope you like it.