Part I

Almost (Is Never Enough)

Prologue 

Korea National University of Arts.

Two years ago, I graduated from this prestigious place. I learnt so much here, and not just about performance arts or music theory,

l learnt about the uncertainty of a first confession; what truly happens when someone like me, puts their heart on their sleeve.

I also learnt about the confusion of a first heart break; the days spent wondering where I had gone wrong.

I didn't come back here for any reason related to Kim Jongin, better known as Kai now.

Our paths just happened to cross again, and in this crossing, I learnt something two years after graduation, that what seemed like wasn't enough back then, was actually more than sufficient and was for the better...

---

Present Day

"So this is where you went, huh?"

My curious boyfriend, Kris took in the sights and structure of my old university, truly taken away. I had dragged him along to accompany me to the planned meeting with one of my past lecturers, who was going to offer me a job.

"This is the place" I grinned, as the spring sun reflected off the windows of the halls, and onto my sunglasses perched on my head,

I didn't tell Kris about this place being the one where I had experienced my first love and I didn't plan on ever bringing up that conversation. But that was until we stepped into the Traditional Arts Grand Hall, that thought had changed completely.

Blocking the stairs that lead to the main door sat a weary figure, hunched over with his face in his palms. I didn't want to, but I recognised those hands that blocked the rest of his identity,

"Excuse us" Kris cleared his throat, expecting the student to instantly move himself, but rather, he lifted his head and his eyes widened as they met mine,

"...Kim Jongin?" I took the initiative to confront him first, considering that I was older, "Is that you?"

Kai stretched out his legs slowly so that he could rise up from his seat on the stairs and greet us properly,

"It's me" He bowed to both Kris and I, "But ____-ah, what are you doing back here?"

He looked different, as if that energy that I knew him for had been and wrung out of him. Even more, I didn't expect to still see him here; Kai should've graduated last semester.

Kris grabbed my hand and kept it secure in his as I questioned Kai,

"I should be the one asking you" 

Typical me, still playing the older figure between the two of us.

Kai examined Kris, thinking of whether he should be completely honest in this situation or forget about it all and leave us to our business. As he took a deep breath, it appeared that he wasn't going to let it go that easily,

"Things shouldn't have ended the way they did between us" Jongin confessed, his hands in the front pocket of his jeans, "If I knew I'd end up still here now, I wouldn't have let you go"

---

2 Years Ago 

I was weeks from Graduation. Through my years I had achieved multiple awards and recognition for my academics, I made countless friends but I never truly had my first love.

I mean, crushing on a person doesn't count unless you do something about it. Sure there were a few guys that I had a thing for, but I never took action, I always kept it to myself till it eventually faded away.

Kim Jongin was an exception. I never saw him before on campus till a few months ago at the end of semester presentation night. Out of all the performers, my eyes and heart was captured after seeing him move the way he did. He was amazingly talented in dance, and he was super attractive.

The reason why he was so new to me was because he spent time performing all over Korea, and had only started his first year here, just as I was about to leave. For the next few months, I could not get him off my mind. I observed him, I knew his timetable and where he would hang out. I don't know why, but he gave me a feeling like no other.

And I guess that's what made me so determined to confess to him. I got to know more about Jongin through over heard conversations between my friends and classmates and who were just as intrigued by him as I was. But I didn't just want to be another fangirl or whatever, I wanted to see if this young love really existed.

I left him a note with my confession and phone number in his Friday lecture room, right where he would always sit, at the front towards the far left. 

After not receiving a single call or text after the expected time that I predicted he would've found the note, I took it as I sign that it wasn't meant to be. I must have been crazy to think that anything could have happened, I mean, I'm graduating in a few weeks. Plus, he'd probably freak out at the thought of a noona having the hots for him. 

I gave up as I walked out the gates of the University, finished for the day and now making my way home. I really did.

"It didn't work out" I sighed, on the phone to my bestfriend Mina, who knew about the whole Jongin situation, "Better start getting over him now then later, right?"

"Oh ____, it's alright" She tried to comfort me, "I'm sure-"

"Hold on"

I cut her off as my phone vibrated against my ear. Apparently I had gotten a new message.

 

NEW MESSAGE FROM UNKNOWN

I got your note...

 


Uwahhh! Part One done!

How was it? ^^

Please leave a COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, and UPVOTE if you like ♥

Thanks for reading the first part and please stay tuned for the next!

STAY LOVELY ♥♥♥