The Begining [part 2]

Unmei no Hito (Destined Soulmate) [PREQUEL]

Reading is really apreciated..!!

(COMENT IS A MUST >.<)

Subscribe and Upvote are optional.. :D

Hahaaahhaa

***************************************************************************************************************************

 

For days, Hanie kept asking the workers “Niang zai nali?” but she got nothing because, first of all, the workers didnt really get what her point..

Second, the workers themself also didnt know where was Hanie’s parents..

Hanie’s parents didnt left them a letters or whatnot just for some short of explanation about Hanie’s biography..

Even Hanie herself didnt know her birthdate, didnt know her mother’s name, didnt know where she lived back than in China..

Hanie was being left without any traces of her mother slash parents..

 

First week of Hanie’s arriving, two workers Miyoung and Yejin kept helping her with Korean..

Hanie herself found that learning Hangul was very interesting

because she never learnt any Hanzi or Pinyin when she was in China for her good 5 years life..

Her mother didnt even bother to let her learnt those stuffs and said that

however the girl should not learnt or studied high because the girl would only be a housiwife later in her life..

 

Her Korean lesson ended at 8.30 PM everynight after her dinner and those orphans have to sleep at 9.00 PM..

Hanie was really close with her roommate, Yura..

They sometimes ended up cuddling eachother when the darkness came and washed all the light inside their room..

There was a time when Yura stirred from her sleep because she heard a whimper from the other side of the room,

then she realised that Hanie was the one who made the sound..

Yura found that Hanie whimpered and cried silently everynight and kept saying those words ‘Niang zai nali..?’..

Then it took her to comfort her little meimei by cudled her and patted her head until Hanie fell asleep..

 

For some months, Hanie’s Korean had a very good improvement and it made her got compliment from the workers..

It was Sunday, those orphans got their day off from their school, so that meant Yura also had her day off..

The orphans spent their Sunday morning to baked some cookies along with the workers then later they would sell it to the nearby cake shops..

That was how those orphans got their additional amount of pocket money to saving up..

 

Hanie felt little bit relieved because however this place made herself comfort, safe, and sound although Hanie still waited her mother to pick her up later..

Maybe, just maybe her mother only left her for a while then later would pick her up, carried her on her arms

or walked hand in hand when they strolled to get some ice creams, wiped some ice cream’s stain on her face gently,

patted her head gently, nuzzled her face and kissed her adorable puffy cheeks.. Those thought always passed by Hanie’s mind everyday..

 

Much more whenever Hanie found out that one of her friends was being pick up by her/his new loving and caring parents..

Hanie felt so sad, she thought that she was a kind of annoying girl thats why her mother didnt pick her up,

even there was no new parent who want to picked her up from this orphanage..

However, addopted was far from her 5 y.o mind at that time thats why she used terms “pick up” rather than being addopted..

But as she grew up, she knew very well what was being addopted mean..

~*~

 

When Hanie came ‘home’ happily from her school with a lilte bit hyper Yura, the worker Miyoung stopped them from their track in the hallway

and she asked Yura to follow her to the main office which only earn a slighty nodded from the litte girl..

 

“Do you know what is going on, Eoni? Why they called you? Did us make a mistake?”

Hanie kept asking Yura in her now fluent Korean..

Her Goddamn effort to learn Korea for about 5 years paid off  and that made her happy so that was why she kept blabbered..

 

“I dont know, but i dont think we make a mistake beside last night when whe sneaked out to the kitchen and stole some cookies..”

Yura grinned so wide to Hanie which only make them giggled later..

 

When Yura left her room, Hanie diligently worked on her own homeworks..

There, in the first floor of the east wing building, Yura stood infront of the huge wooden polished door then knocked and from the other side,

Miyoung opened the door and she was welcomed by two unfamiliar figures, like a married couple with their warm smile..

 

“Yura, please take a seat..” the head orphanage said..

She sat on the opposite couch from the couple and bowed lightly..

“Yura, they are Mr.and Mrs.Park.. Your soon to be parent..”

~*~

 

That day, Yura more than happy to announced this good news to her little sist, Hanie..

But then she realised that maybe this news could make Hanie sad..

Because she really knew everyday and everynight Hanie was waiting for her mother to come and pick her up from this orphanage

but she got nothing and everynight she would cry after she prayed to her God..

 

Then what would be happen when Yura, whom Hanie considered as the only one family for her, left her indeed..

She opened the door of their shared bedroom and she yelped when Hanie hugged her tightly so sudden and burried her face in Yura’s baby blue shirt..

 

“Hey Hanie, whats wrong..?”

“Promise me that you’ll never forget me, Eoni.. I heard it all..”

 

Little did Yura know, Hanie eavesdropped the conversation inside the main office..

Then those two little girls ended up crying out of their tears for the rest of the day and Hanie forgot about her homeworks that day..

The morning came and it was the time for Mr.and Mrs.Park picked her up..

Yura already packed her belongings to her little worn our suitcase with Hanie’s help..

 

When Yura left her room, Hanie didnt follow after her..

Yura knew very well, last night they talked about it..

Hanie didnt want to bid her goodbye because Hanie said that ‘goodbye’ meant they would never meet again..

 

“You didnt her to the front porch..?” asked Yejin when she met Hanie at the hallway..

Hanie only shooked her head furiously then ran away, she went in to her room, locked it..

But nontheless, she kept watching her from her windowpane..

“I hope you are happy, Eoni.. And i hope someday i will be addopted by a loving and caring parent like yours..”

 

Hanie kept staring to the newly happy family which happily walk hand in hand headed their car,

not missing the smiles which plastered on their face.. Before the car drove off,

Hanie unconciously sprinted her feet to the front porch to cathced a glimpse of Yura, not bother to put on her shoes..

 

Just in time Hanie reached the front door of orphanage, however the car drove off..

Hanie kept running chased the car but the more she tried to reaching it, the more further the car from her grasp..

 

“Eoni...!!”

She shouted from the top of her lungs and quicken her pace..

Hanie kept running along the hard cold street not even bother with her barefeet until she run out of breath and she gave up,

slumped her body on her knees and cried loudly because she missed it, the car only made a little black shadow as she stopped at her track..

 

Hanie thought, as time went by, she could learn that being left behind at the first time was indeed very painful,

but maybe the second time that would not be as painful as the first time, but she was wrong, very wrong..

 

The second time she was being left in her lifetime, the hurtful was still there, lingered and would not be vanished as soon as possible..

Because Hanie was a 10 year old little girl afterall, and she had so many hurtful memories in her good (or maybe not good) 10 years life..

~*~

 

Hanie kept received Yura’s letter even after a year she left from the orphanage, and Yura told her that they moved out to Gwangju,

the capital city of Jeollanam-do province.. Meanwhile Hanie stayed stil in this orphanage at the countryside of Mokpo town..

 

But this day was an exception, as Miyoung told to her that the next day a married couple from downtown wanted to meet Hanie,

she really expected this day.. Finally, she would have a family.. She learnt it that her mother was completely left her and forgot her, indeed..

So Hanie had already gave up upon her mother..

 

There, in the main office, Hanie walked in and sat at the couch opposite to her soon to be new parent..

From what she observed it, Hanie could sense that her soon to be father was rather weird, more like a bad man in Hanie’s eyes

because she was really sure with her intuition ever since she was 5, but she just shrugged it off..

 

“Hanie, they are Mr.and Mrs.Lee.. From now on, they will be your parents..”

The head orphanage said to her and smiled, but Hanie only nodded and gave them a slight smile..

After the introduction they had earlier, Hanie packed her belongings into her red backpack plus her small suitcase..

“I hope everything will be fine, whish me luck Eoni..”

 

Hanie said to nothing but the cold air in her room..

Hanie spent her 6 years in this orphanage and this comfort room (more comfort than her room back then in China)..

After she placed the last piece of her clothes into her suitcase, she headed to the front porch of orphanage

and she could’ve sworn that Miyoung and Yejin cried silently beside the doorframe at that time..

 

“I’ll be okay.. I promise i’ll visit often, dont cry..”

Hanie said as she hugged Miyoung tightly and Yejin kept patting Hanie’s head..

They broke their embrace and Hanie headed to the car, a very old lil bit rusty car which maybe could fly away anytime when the huge storm crashed it,

Hanie thought..

 

After Hanie put her luggages in the car’s trunk, she slipped on the backseat comfortably not minding the hard rain pouring outside the car..

Their destination was at the certaint residence downtown..

After what was like an eternity, her father parked his very old car at the front yard of their house..

 

The typical of not so well off financial families lived in this residence according the fact that Hanie found almost all of their house next doors are not quite decent to be considered as a home, the neighborhood was very quiet,

and this made Hanie’s shivered upon the thought that maybe this was a haunted house..

The house itself had a small white wooden gate plus bushes neatly stood as the palisade..

A small white two stories bulding stood proudly behind the small gate despite the fact that the paint on the wall were peeled of..

Hanie didnt mind it thought, at least she had a place which would be called a home, then she was more than happy..

 

When she was asked to come in to the house, she was not surprise that this house was not far different enough from her former house back then in China..

But this house was bigger than her former decrepit house though, so that was okay for her..

But what was made her shock was, she was given a very small room under the staircases at the corner of the kitchen,

then Hanie realised that her supposedly ‘room’ was actually a storage room, indeed..

She turned to her ‘mother’

 

“Mrs.Lee, is this the right room for me?” she asked Mrs.Lee who sat comfortably on the chair acrros her and munched on her sandwhich disgustingly..

“If you dont like it, you can sleep outside..” Mrs.Lee said casually only to made Hanie widened her eyes..

 

“Just sleep there!” Mr.Lee said out of nowhere then approached Hanie with his ert face only to make her stepped backwards..

“Okay then, goodnight..” Hanie quickly said and went it to her ‘room’..

 

Thanks God she found out that the room had a key so she could locked her room whenever she went to sleep

or maybe she should locked it whenever Mr.Lee arround because he scared the hell out of her..

 

“I think im gonna sleep on the floor again from now on..” Hanie sigh..

 

She scanned the room which she assumed that maybe only two person could fit in this very small room..

She found some boxes and stacked them in the right amount to make her own desk/table to placed her necessities like her books and whatsoever..

She rolled out the matress on the floor and diligently folded her clothes and placed them inside the spare boxes near the stacked boxes..

 

She didnt have any pillows so she decided to make her one and only plush as her pillow instead..

A panda plushie in its thin shape was really suit for her pillow..

Then Hanie locked her room, slumped her body onto the matress because she was so damn weary then closed her eyes..

“This is gonna be a very long night..” Hanie said to herself before the deep slumber took her..

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Yoooo wassup guise..!!

Sorry if you feel bored already because i made less dialouges in this chapt.. (?)

But then once again i want you to know that this fic is a prequel, so it would be less drama then ONE RING TWO LOVES itself..

I want to improve my writing skill (?) and i want to developt Luhan & Kai’s characters here..

So please, bear with me.. Heheheeeh thanks :D

 

PS : Kindly check my new TAORIS fic MEMORIES 

 

See ya.. Till next chapt..