Always

Always

You stormed in your apartment, slamming the door behind you as you violently kicked off your shoes. You were beyond angry. Your boss, the complete and utter , had been taking advantage of you all day. His assistant had quit yesterday and while he was looking into hiring a replacement all of her workload had been transferred onto you. As well as teaching five out six hours today you also had to write minutes for his meeting tomorrow and read through endless student files for him. The problem itself, however, wasn’t the work but rather how he treated you. He seemed to think you were his own personal slave and he often made you do nonsensical things that definitely weren’t part of the job description like running to the shops for a can of coke. You were beginning to see why his old assistant had quit. As a result of the extra work, you had had to stay behind for three hours just so you could catch up on homework marking as well as setting up tomorrow’s lesson and by the time you had made it home you were dead on your feet.

You trudged your way to the sofa, chucking your bag on the floor along the way and simply collapsed upon it. Barely a minute later had you heard the soft padding of Seunghyun walking toward you. He lightly lifted your head, sat down and then settled you comfortably on his lap. He began your hair and it felt as though all the troubles of the day were slowly leaving you. He waited silently until you told him what had gotten you so upset and he listened intently during your story. He said all the right things like cussing your boss out to the high heavens when he heard how he treated you as well as expressing how sorry he was that you had had to stay behind for so long today.

“How can I make you feel better jagi” he asked concerned, after a few minutes of silence had passed. He was still your hair.

“Don’t worry about me Seungyunnie. I’ll be fine, just pray he finds a new secretary before I put his face through a window.” you murmured sleepily and he chuckled in response.

“My jagi would never do such a thing. I don’t know if you’ve met her but she has the kindest heart ever.” he told you in a matter-of-fact voice.

“Oh, really? Tell me more about your jagi. I’m curious of what you think of her.” you said as you cracked a smile, deciding to play along.

“Well first of all she’s the nicest, most kind person in the world. She’s a teacher, you know? That’s one of the things that first attracted me to her, that she spends her life helping others improve theirs. Also she’s incredibly beautiful, like you wouldn’t believe. Her eyes, her hair, her lips and she keeps her body ripped. The first time I met her she had this glow on her face so I know she had to be mine. She makes my heart skip a beat, I'll walk hundred miles to keep her no doubt. “ he told you cheekily.

“Okay you can stop singing your songs to me now” you giggled at his cute behaviour. Even though he was joking around you did feel a lot better.

“Ah dammit, you realised?” he asked you shocked. He really thought he could get away with it.

“Of course  I did” you said with a small smile on your face.

“But you know I mean it, right? I really do love you and not just for your ripped body” he chuckled “but for much more than that.” he said as he looked deep into your eyes. You could see all his love for you shining through in that moment and you completely forgot about your bad day. You simply nodded and snuggled up more into his warm lap. He began your hair again and before you knew it you had fallen asleep.