[10] "I'm...Sorry.."

New Song
+++++
*Jaejoong's POV
Ever since that day she came back and I saved her life, my mind has been a complete mess. I was becoming more and more distracted in my own thoughts realizing that I still have feelings for her. I didn't know why it took me 6 months to realize that I cannot push myself to love someone else like Jessica. Why did I make such mistake of letting her go just because I foolishly thought that we only paired up to please other people's judgement.
One week has passed since that day we met again and she looked as beautiful as the first time we met. I could still remember everything about her. The way she pouts, the way she smiles, the things she hates and the things she loved. Neither of those things ever escaped my mind ever since we broke up. I'm not even sure if it will ever leave. Ever since that day she appeared again, my mind has been a mess as the flashbacks of our moments together replayed in my mind over and over to the point that I have been neglecting Jessica. I felt very apologetic to her ever since that day that I started behaving strangely. I had to face it now that I could no longer push myself to love her. So I decided to talk to her and break things off before I could deeply hurt her.

"Jessica, we need to talk." I said, I never thought that those dreaded words would come out of my mouth again as I once again saw the same expression Dami wore on her face when we broke up 6 months ago.

"I knew this was gonna come sooner or later. Listen oppa, you don't need to be sorry. I understand. The way you got mad at her that day seemed like you still have feelings for her. I understand. Why? Because I went through the same thing. The reason I'm telling you this is because I've noticed that you're not whole-heartedly in love with me. I understand because I would be also when I still have some feelings for the other person." She replied, I was completely dumbfounded by her answer. I didn't think that she would notice at all.

"Jess..I-... I don't know what to say...." I said. I really didn't know what to say.

"Kwenchana. It's not everyday that you'll meet someone understanding. I'm sure you'll get her back again someday. I'll still be here to support you. I'm not mad at you." She said.

"Thanks Jess, for understanding. I really am sorry about all this." I replied. I really did feel sorry for using her to forget about Dami.

"Kwenchana. I would probably be doing the same thing to you too. Just take care of yourself, arasso?" She said as she stood from her seat.

"Arasso." I replied again as I watched her leave. 'I hope you could find someone better than me.' I thought to myself.

After I broke up with her, things didn't seem to be as awkward as the first day we met but it was still a good feeling to see her comfortably having me by her side as a friend. What she said was kind of true...you won't always find someone that understanding come into your life.

----
*Dami's POV
Ever since that day he saved my life, my mind had been jumbled up as my heart began to race faster whenever he appears in my mind. Rather than the hurt I went through at the mention of his name, my heart would sometimes skip a beat whenever I would accidentally catch a glimpse of him around the campus. I still wondered why it was happening but I couldn't believe that after 6 months of being away from him, only then that I realized I still had feelings for him. But why is it happening? We no longer belong to each other? It has been 2 weeks since that day but the thought of him still bothered my mind until Pira began to ask me some questions that snapped me out of my thoughts.

"How was the States Dami? From your last email, you said you were going out with that Siwon guy. Were you guys close?" Pira asked.

"The States was beautiful. I did kinda date Siwon for several weeks. We're still friends after I told him that I have to go back here." I lied. I didn't want to tell them yet that the real reason I broke up with him is because I still had feelings for him.

"That's too sad you guys won't be able to continue your relationship." Soo Eun said. "It's alright. We're still here."

I really had to thank Siwon oppa for everything. I really owe him a lot for changing me into a stronger person.

"I know. I could always count on you guys." I said with smile.

"Oh hey, the Senior Bash is coming soon. Are you guys going?" Hyerin asked. [a/n: I just made this up ^^]

"Oh yeah huh, I heard the Senior Bash was gonna be in Caribbean Bay this year. I really want to go since I haven't been there in a while." Soo Eun said.

"We should all go this year. I heard that the Senior Committee prepared a dance floor for us." Yoochun suggested.

"Wow! Just hearing about it makes me want to go more!" Soo Jung exclaimed as she excitedly wrapped herself around Changmin's arms.

As I listened to them talk about the trip to Caribbean Bay, I was actually looking forward to that day so that I will be able to distract myself from him.

+++++++
3 days later at Caribbean Bay....

"You guys go on ahead. I'll join you guys later." Dami said as she rested at the bar while she watched Changmin and the others go to the other rides.

"Hi, you want anything to drink?" The bar tender asked.

"Yeah, I'll h-" Dami began when some guy suddenly interruped her.

"She'll have a strawberry banana smoothie and I'll have a pineapple orange banana smoothie." Jaejoong said when she saw his arrival. "Is that okay with you or did you want something else?"

"A-Annya, its alright. I was gonna get that one. Yeah I'll have what he said." Dami said to the bartender before she turned to him. "You still remember?"

"Neh. How have you been?" Jaejoong asked.

"I'm fine. Just came back recently from the States." Dami replied. "How have you been? I heard you were going out with Jessica."

"Here are your smoothies. Enjoy." The bartender said as he gave them their smoothies before returning to work.

"Thanks. I'm not going out with her anymore. We broke up a couple of days ago. But we're still friends." Jaejoong replied.

"That's nice. I mean..." Dami stuttered.

"I know what you mean. Listen about what happened the other week in Apgujong..." Jaejoong started. "I...uhmmm.... Sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you like that. I was just worried that you might get hurt."

"Don't worry. It's okay. I know you were just worried for me." Dami replied. "Anyway, thanks for buying me a drink. I really appreciate that you still remember."

"Don't worry about it. You look nice by the way." Jaejoong replied as he complimented her.

"Thanks." Dami replied shyly as she sipped her smoothie.

Although it was officially their first time talking to each other, neither of them felt awkward about each other's presence. At least not until some random guy passed by them and saw Dami.

"Hey pretty baby! What's your number?" The guy said as he whistled to her ignoring the fact that Jaejoong was there.

"Sorry pal, but she's with me." Jaejoong said confidently as he wrapped her arms Dami's shoulder.

"Oh. Sorry." The guy said as he left in embarrassment.

"Uhh...sorry about that..." Jaejoong said as he took his arm away from Dami realizing what he has done.

"Oh no..i-its okay." Dami stuttered.

Utter silence came over them as the atmosphere around them became awkward again after that little incident. While enjoying the scene in front of them, Dami and Jaejoong just sat in silence as they drank their smoothies. After a while, Dami then broke off the silence first.

"I...uhh...gotta go and join the others. I'll pay you back for the smoothie." Dami said as she began to stand from her seat.

"It's alright you don't have too. I initiated to buy it anyway. I guess I'll see you later then." Jaejoong replied as he waved goodbye to her.
____________________________________________________________
A/N: Sorry it took me all day again to upload this chapter. I'm really starting to have writer's block. There's only 2 chapters left till we find out whether they will get back together or not. I hope you stay till the end.

All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2010. Mickie Knight.