Day 2- Kiyomasa's Well.

Picturesque World

               It was a Sunday morning. I opened my eyes slowly. The sunlight glazed through the windowpanes and shone on my face, my toes curled, fingers twitched, I sat up and did a stretch before going to the bathroom to do my morning routine. Today, we would be going to Meiji Shrine, it was a temple dedicated to Emperor Meiji and his wife, Empress Shōken. I wore a long-sleeved dress with a peterpan collar, put on a pair of flats, grabbed my bag and went out of my hotel room. Luhan was also done preparing and was ready to go and we headed to the lobby to get our breakfast before leaving for Meiji Shrine.

              About an hour later, we arrived at Meiji Shrine, the serenity, tranquility and austerity of the place almost seemed unbelievable, it was still early in the morning so there weren't that many tourists there, making the place seem more peaceful and quiet. The shrine was not as striking and flashy like other Asian places of worship, it was mostly grey coloured and pretty dull, therefore further enhancing it's austerity.

               We walked into the shrine and stopped at the cleansing station to purify our hands and mouth before offering up a prayer. We then continued on and arrived at a place where we were supposed to write our wishes on little pieces of paper and tie them onto the prayer wall. Luhan and I stood far away from each other and wrote in our own little piece of paper. *I wish that the ones whom I love dearly would stay protected, happy, healthy and prosperous.* I stole a glance at Luhan smiling gently as I saw him concentrating on writing his wish, eyes squinted, eyebrows furrowed while he nibbled on his lips. We hung our wishes on the wall and gazed at it for a few minutes. "So what was your wish?" I asked him curiously.

                "You can't tell people what you wished! It won't come true if you did!" He exclaimed. I just nodded my head and continued walking to our next destination, the Inner Garden. *Don't worry Nana, you'll find out soon enough...* Luhan thought. We walked towards the counter to pay for the entrance fee and went into the garden. Though I wished that we had visited here during June when the irises bloom, it was still a nice place to be where all you could hear around you was the sound and smell of nature. There was a small well located in the garden, Kiyomasa's well, a military commander had dug it over 400 years ago, therefore, it was named after him, it is said that the well was visited by the Emperor and Empress while they were alive and it is now a popular spiritual "power spot". 

                 "Luhan! Do you want to take a picture together by the well?" I asked him. He gave me a curt nod and we asked a random passerby to take a picture of the both of us, Luhan passed the person his camera. Luhan and I were squatting beside the well, I put my hand in the water while he had his arms draped over my shoulders and the both of us did a peace sign. We thanked the stranger for taking the picture and the both of us tried to look into the tiny screen that displayed our picture. I turned to protest that I didn't look nice in the picture but it was a wrong choice as I realised how closed we were right now. My heart thumped loudly against my chest and my cheeks pinked I backed away from Luhan, "Let's go o-over t-there...." I stuttered attempting to hide my cheeks and walked away. However, Luhan's sharp eye caught it and he smiled at the fact that his close presence had that kind of effect on you. *Stupid heart! Stop it! We're enemies! Remember?? He'll never like me!* I lightly tapped my face trying to cool my burning cheeks down.

                 It was around 6.00 pm when we had finished our visit at the Meiji Shrine, we took a couple of selcas ( Lu - freaking - han had forced me to into it using his impregnable aegyo) before leaving and I refused to look at them knowing that I looked utterly horrible in them although Luhan had said multiple times that I looked fine and there was nothing to worry about. We were both starving after the long walk and we decided to have dinner at Hifumi-an a restaurant located in a town called Sendagi. The interior design was of the traditional Japanese cuisine style. There were private rooms for customers and one of the waitresses led us into the one of the rooms. We ordered our food and waited for the waitress to serve the food. We ate our dinner and remenisced about our past and all the pranks we had pulled on each other, jut the thought of Luhan's incredulous face after realising that I had pulled a prank on him was simply hilarious. That night, Luhan and I enjoyed our time together.

 



Hmm... no much stuff happening in this chapter....

yeahh till the next chapter!

Xoxo,

          Obsessed_