Cont. of 16

My Vampire and My Slayer

"Actually, my real name is Sunny Walter. I had to change my name to Jenny Carter to go with my disguise."

 

"I see. By the way, why aren't you burned by the sunlight," he asked in reply as he drove her down the street.

 

"Our cell re-generation is fast. We burn but it's too micro to be seen. Only royal bloods and those born with a human parent are free to roam around under the sun."

 

"So there are half-vampires? That's a surprise."

 

"Yup. There are a few of them, but they're not fully accepted in our community since..."

 

"they're half-humans, I understand." He made a stop. "We're here."

 

"Thanks for driving me home. I'll show you my place when the time comes," she said smiling. 

 

"You're most welcome beautiful," he said thoughtfully. Sunny was about to open the car door. "Wait! There's something on your cheek."

 

"Huh?" Before she knew it, Byunghee already planted a kiss on her lips. She savored it.

 

"See you tomorrow Sunny."

 

"See you tomorrow Byunghee."

 

Both of them chuckled. Byunghee waited till she disappeared in the woods. So there are half-humans, eh? Then he started to wonder if Sunny was allowed by her parents to go to the human world. He needs to tell               about this too, since Sunny and her sister are friends. What about their parents? They'll listen, I'm sure. We'll just have to find the right timing. 

 

*

                was busy pondering about her abilty on her bed. She hasn't told her brother about Kai yet. What should I do?

 

The cool blow of air on her nape startled her to death. She turned around to find Kris grinning childishly. "You went through the window again, didn't you?"

 

"Ahuh," he sat beside her.

 

"It's bad entering other people's rooms without permission you know."

 

"I know, I was knocking on your window but you were so deep in thought. Something wrong?"

 

He was giving her that searching look again. And he has been entering her room like a thief in the night, ever since they were kids. I need to tell him. He's a special friend afterall. She trusts him.

 

She was about to say something when Byunghee barged in.   "                ! I got to tell you something about Jenny..." All the words were caught in his throat. 

 

"Who's Jenny?" Kris asked freely.

 

"So you're here Kris. You haven't changed a bit," Byunghee replied grinning then sat on               's bed.

 

"You should have knocked brother," she said.

 

"Next time." Both guys laughed and that made her chuckle. Good times.