The guy sitting beside me

Dawn of Dream

 

[Jiyeon’s POV]

     “Wonbin’s leaving the band.” Jaejin said, his eyes red.

     “What? Are you serious?”

     “Ask Wonbin… prepare for school already, Yeonie… don’t be late… don’t wait for me…”

     I stood up, not willing to leave.

     “Just go already… don’t tell Minhwan or the rest…”

     “Okay oppa…”

***

     “Jiyeonnie, I need to go look for someone… wait for me okay?” Minhwan, still as energetic as ever, asked me.

     “Okay Hwannie oppa…”

     The school was huge. From now on, I would be studying in this school, Kirin Arts High School…

     “Annyeong unnie!” Someone tapped on my shoulder.

     “Omo unnie, you look so pretty!” The voice belonged to a girl with long, straight, brown hair, and big brown eyes. Behind her stood a cute guy and another pretty girl… Somehow… she looked so familiar… Then, the girl’s face scrunched up.

     “Unnie, you don’t remember me?”

     “Unnie… I’m Jihyun… Seunghyun’s little sister? Seriously unnie, you don’t remember me?” The girl, Jihyun’s voice was getting frantic, and the girl behind her just smiled at me.

     Then something clicked in my head. I suddenly remembered my childhood playmate, Song Jihyun, and her brothers Song Seunghyun and Song Sehyun.

     “Jihyun! Omo, I missed you… where did you go? How are your brothers?” I pulled Jihyun into a hug.

     “Aish unnie, why does everyone ask about my brothers? They’re fine, they’re FNC trainees…” Jihyun replied, sighing dramatically.

     “And… this is Sunmi and Minho.” Jihyun introduced her friends. “I’d like to introduce Taemin to you but apparently he’s gone off somewhere…”

     “Annyeong~” Both Sunmi and Minho said at the same time, which was really cute.

     “Are they like… you know?” I asked, looking at Jihyun.

     “Of course,” Jihyun dismissed, saying matter-of-factly. “Everyone in Kirin Arts High knows about them…”

 

     “Jiyeon! Let’s go!” Minhwan shouted from a distance.

     “I gotta go~ see you!” I greeted them, before running off towards Minhwan.

 

[Jihyun’s POV]

     Wow, it’s been a long time since I saw Minhwan oppa… He’s still really cute.

     Then I turned around. Sunmi was staring at Minho, who was staring at the place where Jiyeon just stood.

     “Yah! Stop staring!” I called to Minho, then walked off. Taemin oppa said he had something to see to, but can I trust him?

     “Do you like her?” In the distance, I heard Sunmi yell, then Minho cried out.

 

     Aish… the cute couple.

 

[Jiyeon’s POV]

     “Here’s your timetable…” Minhwan handed me a warm sheet of paper. I had lessons and training until 6pm… Sigh.

     “The training is only for unsigned students… Don’t worry, I’ll ask hyung to pick you up later…” Minhwan said cheerfully.

     I wondered how to break the news to such an innocent boy like Minhwan, on top of that, his favourite hyung was Wonbin…

     “Jiyeonnie?” Minhwan waved his own timetable at me, trying to catch my attention.

     “Do you want me to bring you to your first class?” Minhwan asked.

     “Sure oppa…” Since I didn’t really know Kirin Arts School that well…

***

     When Minhwan brought me to my first class, he poked his head after me and smiled adorably. “Enjoy, Yeonie!” he said, then mouthed “Hwaiting” and before he walked off, he performed his usual aegyo…

     “Hing~ Minani~ Bye Yeonie~”

     And he was gone. Feeling unnaturally lonely, I walked to the only empty seat.

     Many girls glared at me, and one hissed, “Who does she think she is?”

     “They’re probably jealous.” The guy sitting beside me offered.

     “Jealous? Of what?” I asked. I noticed as I did this, more girls glared at me…

     “You and Minhwan… and probably the fact that you are sitting beside me…” The guy replied.

     “Minhwan and I are just friends…” I turned to face the guy…

 

     “Omo, Yang Yoseob?!”

 

***

A/N : Phew ~ This is a really boring update :/ But Yoseob has appeared ! :D

*Note : JiHyun , Sunmi and SHINee are part of another fanfic, that fanfic and this are linked together. I'll be starting that fanfic soon, please read ! It provides another point-of-view and side to this story :D

And, please comment okay ! :D