Five

All Things Come to an End

A/N: Hello guys!!!! This is the last chapter T_T

I hope you guys will love it :D Also, if you didn't get the notification, I did update the 4th chapter yesterday so please read that first if you haven't :D


Hyukjae and Donghae have been engulfed in silence for what seems like forever. Donghae is just staring at Hyukjae, patiently waiting for a response. Hyukjae, on the other hand, feels like his body is on fire.

No…no…no…He can’t know! , not now, please…maybe it’s something else? Maybe, just maybe…Hyukjae realizes how long the silence has passed and tries to say something. “W-what are you talking about Hae?” He tries to smile but it fails to appear on his face. Donghae closes his eyes and sighs, “Hyuk, please don’t do this. You know what I’m talking about.” Hyukjae visibly pales at that.

Before Hyukjae could even muster up a reply, Donghae says, “I wanted to have a swim last night and I heard you and Kyuhyun talking by the pool.” Donghae looks at Hyukjae, but when the latter doesn’t say anything, he continues, “I…um…I-I was pretty shocked. I had no idea you felt that way.” Donghae pauses and lets out a breath.

Hyukjae just wants to disappear. It wasn’t supposed to happen now. This…this wasn’t how I planned to come out to him…Dammit Hyukjae! As always, you’re ing pathetic! He knew that as soon as Donghae finds out, their friendship would end. Donghae was the best thing that ever happened to him. He never wants to be separated from the man; he never wants Donghae to look at him with disgust; he never wants to their friendship to fall apart. But as the saying goes, ‘all good things must come to an end.’ He was a realist; he knows that their friendship will vanish as if it never happened as soon he tells Donghae about himself.

Tears are welling up in Hyukjae’s eyes, but he’s doing his best to keep them from falling. “Look, I admit that I’m not the most open-minded person in this world. When I heard what you said about me, I felt like complete garbage.” Donghae says in a shaky voice. “I’m your bestfriend. We’re supposed to make each other happy and protect each other. We’re supposed to confide to each other and feel comfortable around each other. But, now I know that wasn’t the case. I’ve been hurting you without knowing and I am so ing sorry.”

Hyukjae quickly looks at Donghae in shock. Hyukjae feels confused. Am I hearing this right? “This isn’t how I imagined it would go.” Hyukjae finally gathers up the courage to say something. Donghae chuckles bitterly and says, “I know and I’m sorry. I thought about everything you said to Kyu all night. I couldn’t sleep so I just…walked around until sun rose. I never meant to hurt you, but I did and I will never forget that.”

Hyukjae doesn’t know what to say. This was not at all what he expected. Why is he apologizing? He expected some screaming and insults, but this, he did not expect this. “Hae, don’t say that. I am like this because of me. I fell in love with you and…um…” Hyukjae takes a deep breath. Donghae’s reaction was extremely unexpected and made things a little easier, but it was still hard for Hyukjae to actually talk about his feelings to Donghae.

For a long time, Hyukjae believed that Donghae would hate him; that he would be disgusted of him. That scared him, but it didn’t stop him from falling in love with Donghae. “That was all me, so you don’t have to say sorry at all.”, Hyukjae continued.

“No, I should be. I’m sorry that I don’t feel the same way about you. I know that will hurt you even more, but…I’m sorry.” Donghae looks at him with sadness and that just made Hyukjae want to hug the man.

“You don’t have to say that, Hae. I already knew that.” Hyukjae replies. “It’s okay. I’m okay with it, really. I was really scared for a long time, even up until this moment. I thought a lot about when I should tell you because in all those years, I knew it was unfair for me to not tell you.” Hyukjae wipes the tear that finally escaped from his eyes.

He continues, “I’m sorry you had to hear it that way. I wanted to tell you, I really did. But because –” Donghae cuts him off, “Because of me.”

Hyukjae looks at Donghae. “Because of how ignorant I was, you had no choice but to hide yourself. After last night, I did a lot of thinking. I know that you most likely expected that I would yell at you and throw insults you. I’ll admit that I would probably have done that when I was around 16 or 20. But, you’re my bestfriend Hyuk. I would never do that to you.”

With that, Hyukjae’s tears just starts falling. How the hell can he not love this man? This almost seemed like a dream. Those dreams he had where Donghae accepted him and didn’t look at him in disgust. But this wasn’t a dream. This was real.

“I know this is unfair to say and ask, but I still do consider you as my bestfriend. You’ve made my life brighter than what it was, and it’d if you weren’t in it.” Donghae says.

Hyukjae chuckles and says, “Of course I’ll still be your bestfriend Hae. I know that it will be awkward at times, but when was I ever not awkward?”. Donghae laughs and shakes his head.

“Yeah, you always were awkward. I mean, when Mrs. Kim suddenly asked you a question in class, you yelled ‘applesauce’.” Donghae recounts. Hyukjae raises his eyebrow at that. “Ummm, when the hell did I ever do that?” He asks.

“Freshman year? Math class? We were doing something with slopes and she asked you a question and well yeah.” Donghae tells him, chuckling. Hyukjae tries to scramble his brain to remember it. When he does, he just gasps and blushes in embarrassment. Donghae laughs out loud at his reaction.

“Oh my god, now that you say that, I remember the time where I got up on stage for an award. The principal raised his hand for a handshake but I just slapped it away.” Hyukjae cringes as he recounts and blushes even more.

Donghae laughs out loud, “Holy , I remember that! The principal was so shocked and it got so awkward after that. Man, that was so funny.” Hyukjae nods in agreement and laughs a long with him.

Their laughter dies down. “With all that crying we did, I forgot to tell you something.”, Donghae says. Hyukjae looks at him in confusion.

“I know that this has been eating you away for a long time. It’s probably something you never expected for me to say to you. I’m going to say it and I really mean it.” Donghae pauses and looks at Hyukjae. Hyukjae looks at him expectantly and he continues, “I accept who you are. You being gay will not, and will never, change the fact that you are my bestfriend. It will never change the fact that you have always been there for me and made my life better. Please don’t beat yourself up anymore. I do love you, and I’m sorry that it’s not the way you want me to. I’ll always be by your side.”

By the end of that, Hyukjae was crying. Donghae was too but not as much as Hyukjae. “Thank you, Hae. Thank you.” Hyukjae says and hugs Donghae. Donghae returns the hug and hugs Hyukjae tightly. Hyukjae whispers ‘Thank you’ a lot of times before they break away from each other.

“In all the years that we’ve been friends, this time is the longest time you got to witness my ugly crying.” Hyukjae says and they both laugh out loud.

After Hyukjae and Donghae went up upstairs to reassure everyone, especially the members, Donghae received a lot yelling and scolding. Not only from the managers, but also from the members. Leeteuk and Heechul may or may not have shed a tear (you guys know which one happened) when they saw Donghae.

They questioned him about his whereabouts and Hyukjae interrupted them. He made up a silly excuse about how Donghae fell asleep in the private massage in the other side of the hotel. Everyone believed it and called Donghae stupid and an idiot (lol the irony).

They continued to rehearse and later that night, their concert went great. Everyone, the members and the fans, had a lot of fun. They will be moving on to other cities from different countries and the members are excited to put on an amazing show for their international fans.

Hyukjae can’t help but admit that he was happy. Sure, Donghae didn’t return his feelings, but that was completely okay. He can accept that, and he did, a long time ago. Their long talk gave him closure and it perhaps even made their friendship stronger. He can finally relax and not have to think about the insults Donghae would say if he came out to him. He doesn’t have to think about it anymore because its not true. Donghae has accepted him. Donghae has made it clear to him and that Hyukjae being gay doesn’t a change thing in their friendship. To Hyukjae, that was enough.

It will definitely be hard for him to get over his feelings for Donghae. In fact, he’s not sure that he will completely get over it. However, he is sure of one thing. And that is that he is happy and him and Donghae will always be beside each other.

 

Word Count: 1588

 


A/N:

How was it guys? Did you guys like it? 

I tried to give Eunhyuk a proper closure. I didn't want to do the cliche where Donghae actually also loves Eunhyuk. Throughout the years Eunhyuk was in love Donghae, he suffered a lot. His self-confidence was basically non-existent and he hated himself. The major contributing factor to that is that Eunhyuk believed Donghae would really hate his entire existence. 

I tried to mix both sad and comforting in this ending (I know I most likely failed). Just like in real life, Donghae really loves Eunhyuk as a bestfriend and a brother and would hate to see him in pain. I took that and used it in this story. Donghae may not be in love with Eunhyuk, but he feels bad for unknowingly hurting Eunhyuk. 

He gives Eunhyuk the closure that he needs, and that is that he accepts Eunhyuk. He accepts that he is gay and that it will not affect their relationship. 

 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS GUYS <3 AND TO EUNHAE_KYUMIN, WHO REQUESTED THIS STORY, I AM SO SORRY IT TOOK A LONG TIME TO FINISH BUT  IT IS NOW. I HOPE THAT YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH THIS. 

AGAIN, THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO SUBSCRIBED, UPVOTED, AND READ THIS STORY <3 <3 <3 <3 

Please comment and let me know how you felt about the overall story and the ending :D I would love to know how you guys felt <3

 

.