Umbrella

Love Letter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Spending the time I did with you was better than the dream I thought I wanted. I just wanted to share as many moments with you as possible--keeping you safe,  that was my dream at that time…I love(d) you…

Chapter 27: Umbrella

 

Yoona runs through Seoul on a very cloudy night. It was indeed about to rain as Yoona felt faint drops of rain hit her forehead gently. She stops pasting and just stood there motionlessly. Her eyes traveled upwards and stop after she reads the buildings title.

 

Ivory Opera House-

Instinctively, Yoona knew Luhan would always come back to this place.

 

---

Yoona crept into and out of the main halls and saw Luhan almost instantly. He was sitting down on the stage with papers nearby. There was no different in the young man besides the spirit in his eyes. Still calm and seemingly innocent, Luhan still wore the same face. Besides his eyes that looked a little different. Yoona couldn’t quite make out what feelings he was feeling by just the empty look in his eyes though.

 

“Luhan…” Yoona had to unveil herself suddenly. Luhan didn’t seem too surprised and didn’t even look back at her really.

 

“You…So, you show up now aft-” “-Luhan, I swear, I had no idea.” She blurted out quietly and caringly.

 

“What?”

 

“I swear I would have never gone…..I’m so sorry.” Yoona states as she bowed sincerely to the elder.

 

“Okay…” He adds plainly, making Yoona jump and buck on the inside from misunderstanding. “Luhan, I feel so bad for what happen. You got hospitalized twice in a short period of time. I wish I could have been there with you…”

 

“Eh..I didn’t need anything from you anyway. I’ve been hospitalized many times before.” He tells as he then stood up to look at her fully. “I don’t care about it.”

 

“Luhan, I read that article—you could have…” “-Died? Yeah, I know but I didn’t--we done here?” He smiled rudely.

 

“If I didn’t know better I’d say you aren’t glad to see me…” Yoona jumped to conclusion.

 

“Still over analyzing? Anyway, I hear what you are trying to say; I just don’t care. You can leave now. Thanks for stopping by but I have work to do.” He finished as the mean smiled left his face quickly. “Only friends are allowed free range here and I’m done hearing you say meaningless apologies.”

"Meaningless as in you forgive...Or rather, you're not upset with me?"

 

"No. Meaningless as in it means nothing to me, and probably you too."

 

"But it does matter Luhan! Then I wouldn't of came here."

 

"As I keep saying, your apologies have no vaule to me. Everything is done--beyond done so cut the crap. I don't care. You may go now for I do not need you here."

 

Yoona’s eyes jumped a little by Luhans coldness. “Oh-okay…” She muttered quietly and flinching emotionally.

Yoona turned around slowly and didn’t gaze once at anything. She was so surprised by Luhans lack of kindness that her heart couldn’t take it. She slowly walks out and into the halls without saying a word back.

 

 

Momentarily, Luhan could hear the front door to the Ivory Opera House slam shut, and with it, a strike of lightening accompanied by bloodcurdling claps of thunder. In that sudden, Luhan knew that it was lifes way of expressing the darkness he has cast upon Yoona’s innocent heart. It was almost as though the universe was upholding him as the one true villain. But then again, Luhan was acting like an antagonist but he wasn’t at heart--in fact, after feeling quit spooked and disgusted with himself, Luhan just had the intentions to fix everything. Why the hell did I just act that way to her? He thought in disgust.

 

 

Meanwhile-

“Where is Yoona?” Kai said as he knocked on the door to Taeyeon’s office. “She isn’t answering her phone…I’m getting worried. Where is she? Tell me.”

 

“Jongin,” Taeyeon replied with a sigh. “Yoona isn’t around. She ran off to find Luhan. I told her not to but….”

 

“Luhan?” Kai adds when a disappointed tune to his voice. “Why?” “I don’t know really. She feels bad for not staying with him in his times of need. Listen, I’m already stressing out about this. Don’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter