CHAPTER ONE

Knight's Kingdom

Chapter 001

 


 

The large, gray moon raised high into the dark sky on that winter night; the night that the gray moon changed into a bloody red color. Heavy breathings came from an unresponsive body, laid out on top of the white snow. Blood dripped from his forehead, contaminating the white snow with a poisonous red. He lowly groaned as he gathered what is left of his strength and stood up. The Angels before him raised their wands except one; she took a step forward as she slowly lowered the hood from her head. “Today, justice will meet the Demon King,” she said without blinking as she stared into his burning eyes. “Today—,” she continued only to get cut off by a voice that only existed in myths. “The Demon King against a group of Angels,” he said as he stepped out of the shadows. “What’s the fun in that, Angel of Death?” he continued as he took a few steps toward the battle he was trying to avoid. “Choi Seunghyun,” she called out with a surprised tone. “This isn’t your battle. Leave at once or I will be forced to—,” she said but was once again cut off by Seunghyun’s deep and terrifying voice. “Thank you,” he paused and chuckled before he raised his hand, his eyes turned red and the Angel of Death started to suffocate. “But, no thank you,” he finished with a smirk across his face. The other angels rushed to her side except two, who rushed towards the Vampire only to get their necks snapped. Before the others noticed, Seunghyun vanished into the darkness with the Demon King. 

 


 

Present day Earth:
The wind blew through the city from the West, brushing the fallen leaves along with it. The leaves that were once green are now of red, orange and yellow. Autumn was always the season of warmth. From behind, her long, smooth brown hair swayed along with the wind; a few strands went out of place. She sighed and tucked her hair behind her ear before she pushed open the golden gates. The gates were of medieval designs, blocking the castle like school from the rest of the world. It seemed like it was a whole new world inside the gate; a different kind of world. "Welcome to the school of elites, Kingdom, milady." the line of butlers and maids said in sync. She looked at them in amazement before she bounced back to reality, fixing her uniform as if it was wrinkled and out of place. The young maiden smiled and bowed before she introduced herself, "thank you for the welcome, my name is Lee Hayi." The butlers kept their heads down while the maids kept a bowing posture; she was confused to why they made her seem like she was important.

The sun hid in the dark clouded sky; night approached faster than normal. The minute the strongest monster that didn't exist in any legends or in any written future stepped foot into the boarders of the world where darkness leads and time stops, the clock of disaster started to tick once again. After failing to get into the college of her choice, she was offered a permanent spot at a new elite school that was far, far away from home. Literally in the middle of an island; the island being in the middle of an ocean. The war begun in silence. 

 


 

The Demon King's body laid on the bed of ice for many months after that night. In order to restore his energy and power, he had to fight evil with evil. The books said that once a Demon King loses his power, it is impossible to get it back. But, there is always an answer to everything. Choi Seunghyun, one of the most powerful vampires since the beginning of life, believed that his daughter is the answer to the mysteries of the unhuman world. For centuries, he kept track of the daughter that he was forced to sent away; he was sure that one day, they will meet again with a new future written for them. He wasn't sure but he knew he would and will do anything to protect his family. 

A beautiful goddess scanned the Demon King's body before she hovered her hand over his chest, chanting a few spells in . "It's time to wake up, my dear son," she said in a soft voice. The once unresponsive body gasped for air as his eyes widened; he was confused and still in so much pain. "Relax. If you move too much, the pain would only worsen." she said with a soft smile as she helped him sit up. She handed him a glass of soul as she instructed the servant to go get her husband. "Do you remember what happened to you, Mister Jiyong?" she raised a brow as she looked at the weakling in front of her. He looked at her the same way he looked at his enemies and shook his head. He painfully groaned as he shifted his sitting position into a more comfortable one. He drank the glass of souls in one gulp; he need energy as soon as possible. 

The ice cold room turned warmer as Seunghyun entered. He was dressed in a suit that fitted his tall, well-toned figure perfectly; he was a master piece. His hands were stuffed inside the pockets of his pants, his eyes were red; he was in the middle of his meal when he was summoned. Jiyong took a look at him and chuckled and shook his head in disbelief. "The Vampire and the Fallen Angel saved me?" he sarcastically said in an angry tone. It was unexpected and quite surprising to Bom. "You read too many books, kiddo." Seunghyun said as he came up behind Bom, putting his hands on her shoulders. They fell in love the second their eyes locked and was still madly in love; their love was the strongest and deadliest power. "Honey, can you leave us alone for a second?" Seunghyun whispered in her ear, pecking her cheeks gently afterwards. She smiled and nodded her head before she stood up, leaving the two strongest monsters in the room by themselves. "I hope nothing happens between them..." she mumbled to herself on her way out.  

 


 

Present day Earth:
Hayi plopped onto her bed and sprawled her arms and legs out; she was worn out: physically and mentally. She grew up as an orphan, went through school friendless because she seemed different from the other girls and never experienced any importance until she stepped foot inside the gate. Her will, determination and motivation are stronger than anyone; the powers that were sealed by her mother guided her this far. Hayi blinked and blankly stared at the ceiling before taking in a deep breath, realizing her room is as big as the foster home she was living in. Glass windows surrounded her while lights as bright as the sun shined brightly down on her. The princess bed was glamorously comfortable. She was in disbelief. "What is this place..." she whispered to herself in the empty room. She spent her first knight unpacking and when she was done, without her realizing it, she fell asleep on the couch by the open window. The wind carried the thin, white curtains along in a smooth, wavy formation. 

 


 

The two men stared at each other; one with questions and one with answers. Both were too stubborn to give in, making the atmosphere intense and honestly, quite unnecessary. "Why did you save me?" Jiyong finally said, breaking the intense atmosphere. Seunghyun chuckled in a sarcastic manner, sliding his hands out of his pockets, clapping them together on top of his lap. "No reason." he said with a smirk, shrugging a little. "A bastard like you wouldn't do something like this if it wouldn't benefit you in anyway." Jiyong said, lowly groaning since he was still in pain. "Anger will only cause pain, Mister Jiyong." Seunghyun replied, tsking while shaking his head. 

Sarcasm was something they're both good at along with many other things. Their only weakness would be something that can ache their heart and confuse their mind. Seunghyun planned something bigger than what he could handle. He never trusted anyone but Bom, who sacrificed  herself for their love, but he needed to trust the Demon King if he wants his daughter back to his side. In order for Jiyong to get his full powers back, he need to obtain the feather of a half angel (technically it doesn't exist) and in order for Seunghyun and Bom to get their daughter back unharmed, the only demon powerful enough to walk Earth to bring her back is Jiyong. 

"I will be frank with you, ." seunghyun said as he leaned in closer, his red eyes now fading to black. He was nervous but tried to hide it with manipulation and fear. "I have the answer to how you can get your full powers back but the answer is on Earth." he continued as he crossed his legs, leaning back against his seat comfortably. "You will bring the answer back to me and I will help you unlock it." he finished, hiding his face behind darkness. "So, it's true." Jiyong said in a low voice. "Half vampire, half angel. The strongest yet deadliest monster that isn't supposed to exist... exists." he nodded with a chuckled following after the nod. 

Seunghyun clenched his fists; he didn't like the fact that the weakling had something that could be used against him. The Demon King's knowledge is no joke. He can outrun anyone and beat anyone with just his knowledge alone. "Preparations are in progress right now. Tomorrow morning, my wife and I will help you through the portals but once you arrive, everything will be on you. We did what we could; we isolated her from the world she thought she belonged to and brought her to our sanctuary. We will join you shortly.. after we get the elders off of this, into another path." Seunghyun said and stood up after he was done. He quietly sighed and glanced at Jiyong, who had his eyes closed and was breathing heavily, and started to walk away. "What's her name?" Jiyong asked, opening his eyes slowly. Seunghyun paused for a second before he continued his footsteps. "Lee Hayi."

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hello everyone! Thank you for subscribing to this new fanfiction! I hope the first chapter wasn't disappointing! Please leave me a comment on what you think so far! Thanks! Hwaiting!