Ballad of Frozen Heart

My Geisha

My dear came from a family I didn't know.

What a destiny did God gave me.

It was a regretful mistake.

Why?


I was reaching my 30. I was a Kisaeng, a "Korean Geisha"-terms that the strangers gave at my time of glory. I'm still able to do some entertainment but they believe that a woman's beauty would wither after the 20's. I lived at a luxurious house, "Jailed" by the war general; he bought me as his personal entertainer but also for teaching the new secret Kisaengs that he found much more gleaming than me.

The Kisaengs I trained were inobedient, they fitted the title s more than a pure entertainers for the royalties; cavities on the general's sweet tooth. There she was, another withering Rose that I need to take care. The girl's appearance was plain, but her eyes that resembles mine really captivate me. Sad, pale, rosy cheek and healthy lips. I was hiding my face behind a fan, my eyes were staring at her.

She cried.

Never on her dream she would be sold by her family to be a Kisaeng, but the general stated that it's in her blood; she was sold by force or by the general's hideous threat. A man's wicked heart would never be easily known, general already lost his dignity in my eyes. The general left us, I left her. I barely knew her, why should I comfort her? Thus I gave her the cold shoulder.

But something made me attached to her.

She didn't wail, her sobs were silent. I sat in front of her, watching her slowly to recover from her cries. Her eyes were red, she was the only one who cried that hard; the others already gave up to this hard life.

Who are you?

What do you want?

She rose from the ground and stood straight in front of me, loud shout and questions based on her anger was aimed towards me. I remained silent, she was already puffing her chest to prepare another shout. "Even on her anger, a lady must not shout. Sit down." I said to her, pointing the ground using my fan. I saw her glare, I saw the way she gritted her teeth; unpleasant of my command.

"I'm not here to be commanded by trashes like you."  she flare her nostrils and her eyes teary, "I'll find my way back to my family."  she turned her back and walk away. "You must be emotionally wrecked." I said, "I understand that. Do what you want."  she stopped her step then she continued. She tried to open the door but it was dead-locked, strangling the door hold won't do any help.

When all the others just puff their cheeks and half-heartedly do my commands, she struggled to run away. "Cursed!" she kicked the door and slide down, cried.

Reflection of your past.

What a pity that now you're also swallowed into this world.

The echoes of voices inside my head was not pleasant.


She was slowly frozen.

I was slowly melted.

She was chained here, I was bounded by rules.

Her skin was damaged by my punishment, my scars were covered under the white powder.

I saved her from the general's bash under my wing.

I would get the punishment.

I would never be free.

I've grown love.

She would raise hatred.

My dear, she entertained the devil. Was it because of me, or was it because of the general? Let me took the blame because I've trained her, I shoudn't be. But I love the way she dance, although it was mine; she was better. She was a black butterfly for me, enchanting but you couldn't have it in your hands. 

I saw me inside her.

But I was not able to carve a good memory for her.

I was replaying my pain.

I want to hold her dearly inside my embrace, like what was never given to me. I want to let her taste a bit of love, I don't want the world to teach her bitterness. I want to run away with her and let her be free, but I was also chained. I am coward. I had enough of the general's command but I couldn't do anything.

Someone save her.

Someone please embrace her.

Take good care of her.

I would not able to.

I've froze her heart.


She was cold and strict, but it was for my safety.

She fought with the general and it was for me.

Secretly I know there was a piece of me inside her.

From her ballads I knew she was hurted by my presence.

She felt guilty because I've become another copy of her.

But she's wrong.

Actually I love her.

Actually she gave me some warmth on the cold.

But I was afraid of the general.

I'm afraid that he would hurt her.

We were created to be like this.

We must be the general's only, we were made for him.

We couldn't be other's.

I couldn't be hers.

I was freed by the time a noble bought me.

Her prayers was answered because he's a fine man.

But she would always be chained.

And maybe I've made her heart frozen.

Closed inside the dark.

Icy on everyone's skin.

My ballads would never reach her ears.

We would never be together.