3

|• Sleeping Sun •|

|||

 

Yoseob stared at Junhyung’s unconsious face. He smiled at his handsome features. The man was in a cage at the darkest room. There were no windows—nothing. His smirk widened with ideas.

 

“W-where am I?” Junhyung sat up slowly. When he saw Yoseob crouched in front of his cage he scrambled to get on his feet.

 

“Yah! Where am I??!! What are you doing?!” Junhyung yelled. He was scared. Yoseob stood still smiling at Juhyung’s fear.
 

“You’re in my house, dummy.” Yoseob giggled, making Junhyung gulp in nervousness. Junhyung swallowed any thoughts and ran towards Yoseob suddenly. The boy smiled and didn’t even flinch. Instead he forced Junhyung to be unable to move and held his face through the bars.

 

His eyes turned soft and he said to Junhyung, “I just want to help you get away from that awful life you have.”

 

Junhyung nodded, mesmerized by Yoseob’s beautiful small face and his gentle voice. He actually believed him. Yoseob smiled gently and made Junhyung drink a poition he spent the night making. It made Junhyung feel groggily high. It was like a drug.

 

Junhyung felt like he was floating on air, his breathing loose and easy, his limbs feeling soft and bendy like clay.

 

Yoseob stared at him, his curiousity obvious. It was a new spell. Created from different spells put together. Junhyung smiled in the midst of his dizziness. He smiled because he had gotten himself stuck in  a stupid, crazy situation that he never  thought would happen to him.

 

Why did he have to go through this?

 

He was simple. He went to church. He didn’t sin much. He followed laws.

 

He didn’t do anything wrong, yet he was stuck in an unknown place with the son of a witch and a murderer. He didn’t even know what time it was, for the sun seemed to be hidden. There were no windows, no light from the entrance.

 

It seemed like hours had passed since he had consumed that strange drug. Junhyung sat at the back corner of his cage, his legs splayed out in front of him and his eyes moving along with Yoseob’s movements. He hadn’t talked for a long time. He felt a loss of words.

 

“Why did you take me here, Yoseob?”

 

“I want you to be my partner in crime.” Yoseob replied as he mixed up another concoction, flinching as a large flame burst up when he added something that looked like a lock of silver hair. Jnhyung didn’t even want to know what that was.

 

“But why me?” Junhyung felt like crying. He buried his face in his hands and faught tears and sobs that threatened to come out.

 

“Because I felt like it. You seemed interestingly boring.”

 

Junhyung looked up at the boy who sat on the chair on the far side of the room, facing Junhyung. Yoseob sighed.

 

“I don’t need to tell you. Why am I telling you?” Yoseob muttered under his breath.

 

Suddenly, there was a loud rumbling sound outside of the cave. It made a loud, horrible sound. The sound of flapping wings and loud roars shook the very soul of Junhyung. He held onto his cage as the roaring shook everything.

 

His eyes were glued onto something else, however.

 

Yoseob was rocking back and forth on the floor, silent sobs shaking his entire body, tears streaming down his face and his eyes expressing fear. Every now and then a small cry would make its way through Yoseob’s throat and even through the ruckus that thing outside was making, Junhyung heard his soft cry.

 

It shook Junhyung’s entire being. His heart thumped erratically at the sight of his kidnapper crying in fear.

 

“Yoseob!” He yelled. Junhyung stood up and jumped towards Yoseob’s shaking body, the cage bars disappearing suddenly as he covered the boy’s body with his own when a rock fell.

 

Junhyung gritted his teeth, the pain searing through him like a hot blade. He felt something warm trickle down his back. The large rock had missed him by barey an inch but the aftermath of the smaller stones battered his back and wounded him. Yoseob’s shocked yelp was replaying in his mind.

 

Why did he save the boy?
 

Junhyung rolled to the side, hissing as he pulled out a sharp rock that had lodged into his side.

 

“Junhyung? Are you alright?” Yoseob’s soft voice broke the heavy silence.

 

“What the hell was that?” Junhyung hissed.

 

“It is her...” Yoseob whispered as he fixed Junhyung’s wounds up. “The dragon of my mother’s soul.”

 

Junhyung’s loud cry filled the cave. “She’s after me. My mother wants me in hell with her.”

 

Junhyung chuckled despite the pain. How ironic. Junhyung had been wishing for an adventure all his life, and now that life had given him one, all he wanted was to sleep and have a boring day in the library.

 

“I must destroy it.”

 

Junhyung groaned in despair. Why did he wish for things like this? This was the perfect situation for his grandfather to appear and say, “Be careful what you wish for.”

 

This was also the perfect time for his grandfather to hit his head with that cane of his like he always did when Junhyung wrote the numbers on the cards wrong in the library, or when Junhyung served him burnt food.

 

“I need your help...”

 

If Junhyung’s arm didn’t feel too heavy, he would’ve smacked himself and punched a wall in annoyance, so instead his groaned even louder.

 

“Please...” Yoseob’s desperate tone brought Junhyung back to reality.

 

“Alright... what do we do?”

Yoseob pulled him onto his feet and sat him down.

 

“I have it all planned out.”

 

However, Yoseob’s face didn’t assure Junhyung at all. Junhyung knew this wasn’t going to be easy.

 

This adventure he had wished for could just get him killed.

 

|||