Owl Cupcake

Owl Cupcake

 

 

Aromatic cakes, sweet pralines, mouth-watering waffles, funny quivering jellies, ice creams, muffins, donuts, cookies... All covered with a ton of multicolored cream, frosting and chocolate. Yes, chocolate, the reason why Kim Jongin was here... mostly. Or perhaps he came here under the influence of a nasty little owl, whose arguments are very convincing... and painful. And who he was to refuse his better half? Massaging the sore spot on his arm, Jongin looked toward his boyfriend who was staring with glowing eyes at colorful sweets leaning over the ledge full of chocolate cakes.

"Can you order, please?" Jongin whined poking the latter in the side.

"Shut up, I'm thinking," Jongin rolled his eyes and sighed heavily. Seriously, how long can someone choose a piece of cake? He didn't even have to look at the offered sweets. Since the end of the school he knew he would order a slice of strawberry cake and strawberry smoothie (strawberries are awesome, don't judge).

He liked coming to the cafes like this one because who doesn't like sweets? Everybody likes them. Especially tired high school seniors without personal life because of upcoming college entrance exams. Unhappy people like him need a good dose of sugar (and caffeine) to survive another night filled with books and notes.

That's why they went to the study cafe. Many of them are run just like libraries (don't talk!) and they might even be better because they got lots and lots of caffeine and food! So they’re perfect places to fuel Jongin's sleepy eyes and give him enough peace and quiet to study (and food, they have food, why can't he have food in the library?).

But they've been here for twenty minutes only letting more people in the queue, just because that mean owl couldn't decide.

Bored, he looked at the cupcakes wondering when he will finally be able to eat his beloved strawberries...

And then he saw them.  

He froze for a split second and then gasped dramatically raising his hands up in half-made fists to cover his mouth. There were so many of them, multi-colored with big eyes staring straight at him. They were so adorable. Why he didn't notice them before? (Because Kyungsoo's is a lot more interesting, that's why)

"Kyungsoo, look! Your family." Jongin exclaimed with amusement pulling the sleeve of the latter's jacket.

"What?" the older boy looked up annoyed. Seeing younger's odd behaviour he followed with his gaze after Jongin. And he saw it.

A cupcake.

Well, cupcakes... owl cupcakes.

W whole bunch of owl cupcakes of various shapes and colors.

"Aren't they pretty?" Jongin asked with a sly smile. "They look just like you! That's so cute. But you can't eat them, that would be cannibalism," Jongin giggled and Kyungsoo gave him 'are you ting me?' gaze and punched his arm.

" you, Kim," Kyungsoo snapped quietly only for Jongin to hear.

"You already did that. Multiple times," Jongin said with a grin wiggling his eyebrows... and thus he earned another punch.

"If you won't shut up, you are not getting the 'D' for a month." Kyungsoo turned away and walked over to the cashier girl (Jongin followed him immediately) and when she asked him for his order he answered with smile, "I would like to have a slice of chocolate cheesecake, one chocolate pudding, two raspberry muffins with chocolate chips and hot chocolate with cinnamon and whipped cream." He looked at Jongin, squeezing gently his hand. "What do you want? It's on me," the younger blinked several times surprised by the sudden change of behavior looking at Kyungsoo's face in search of traces of anger, but to no avail. The older was flashing the loving smile, the one that was reserved for him only when they were alone.

First, Kyungsoo threatens him with the necessity of ion for a month, and now he is showing his feelings? In public? And he was still holding his hand. Jongin's chest swelled with joy. He wanted say 'you' because he always wants his little squishy, but instead he said, "A slice of strawberry cake, one large strawberry smoothie and one owl cupcake, please." Kyungsoo gave him a pointed look but didn't say anything.

After Kyungsoo paid, they made ​​their way to the second floor where it was much quieter but still hushed conversations could be heard. The waitress followed them with their order on the tray. Jongin really liked this study cafe. In the painted in beige rectangular room were cavities in the walls resembling mini compartments in the train. The seats upholstered with soft material were broad enough for two people and in front of each of them there was small table attached to the wall with a desk lamp. Kyungsoo stopped in front of one of the cavities smiling warmly to the waitress who put their sweets on the table. In the middle of the room were wooden tables arranged in a row, as in libraries, but Jongin preferred to sit in this weird-looking mini compartment where he could have some privacy.

"Let's eat first," the elder pulled off a backpack and coat, and sat down against the wall making room for the younger who followed him shortly.

They were sitting side by side fancing the wall, which dissapointed Jongin because he wanted to look at the handsome face of his boyfriend. Kyungsoo is much more fascinating, he even beats strawberries in Jongin's personal ranking of favorite things. And that means a lot.

He breathed deeply and looked at his order with amusement dancing on his face. He wanted so bad the strawberry cake but instead he shifted owl cupcake towards Kyungsoo, who was already sipping his hot chocolate. Jongin poked him in the shoulder, and when the older looked in his direction he just rolled his eyes resting head on his hand.

"Go on, make fun of me."

Jongin laughed amused, not with the cupcake, but with a whipped cream smeared on Kyungsoo's nose. He pinched the latter's cheek giving him a loving smile.

"You are marvelous," Jongin said with a glee. "And you also have something on your nose," Kyungsoo widened his eyes in surprise but then he just shrugged his shoulders.

"Wipe it off," the older boy commanded and who Jongin was to refuse Do Kyungsoo? He gladly obeyed closing the distance between their faces whipped cream off of Kyungsoo's nose.

"Stop being gross and use napkin next time," Kyungsoo muttered trying hard to cover the blush spreading on his face.

Cute and shy Kyungsoo always aroused variations of excitement and fanboying in Jongin's heart, but he shook his aw feeling and took the cupcake looking at it with amusement.

"I couldn't leave your baby alone down there. Just look at it, it's so cute... He is our son! He has your eyes and my brown skin. We shall call him Squishy and he will be our Squishy! He's yours more, though. Because he is a little owl just like you!" Kyungsoo shook his head in resignation.

"Are you done?"

"No. This will never get ooold! You just bought me owl cupcaaake~" Jongin sang and winked at annoyed boy.

"Whatever," Kyungsoo replied nonchalantly trying to be cool. But Jongin knew the older boy was already pissed.

"Don't be mad, Soo," he embraced his boyfriend and kissed his cheek but he just earned a frown as an answer. Jongin pressed his nose against delicate skin and kissed it again. "Talk to me, or I will spread my saliva all over your face."

"You're disgusting," Kyungsoo pushed the younger boy away and smacked the back of his head. "But I like it... Sometimes. Now shut up, and let me eat my cheesecake. I need my daily dose of chocolate to be happy."

"Are you really going to eat all of it?"

"Yes."

"That's a lot of chocolate and sugar."

Jongin likes that kind of sweets too, but he thinks that strawberries are superior to chocolate. End of story.

"It's just an appetizer," Kyungsoo replied and Jongin raised eyebrows, sipping his strawberry smoothie. "What? I can always burn calories banging you, which I am actually planning to do later at night," Jongin choked on his drink, coughing loudly. Kyungsoo patted him on the back without much concern.

"If you want me that much we can go to your house," Jongin said with trembling voice after coughing.

"No, stupid Jongin, because I will jump you right away. We should study and do some homework, exams are just around the corner. But in places like this I can keep my in pants."

"Stop being so , Kyungsoo," Jongin replied with a mixture of amusement and embarrassment and started giggling because that’s what he does when he’s a little bit anxious.

"You’re just so irresistible. I can’t help it."

"What am I to you?"

"Entertainment to my ," the elder replied slyly earning a kick in the shin. "And my future husband," the older boy pecked quickly Jongin's lips. His eyes turned into saucers when he realized what he just said. "Food time! Don't talk." Kyungsoo moved away from Jongin leaving his frozen form.

What just happened?

Hundred different emotions started buzzing in Jongin's mind, cold sweat covered his hands and his heart was beating like crazy. He was sure that everyone in the room can hear its beat and Kyungsoo was trying to focus on his dessert, but a red face and slightly trembling lips said it all. He couldn't believe he heard something like this from Do Kyungsoo.

"Did you just-"

"No." Kyungsoo cut him off firmly, burning a hole in chocolate cheesecake with his eyes but the blush on his cheeks became stronger and Jongin's heart just melted. Kyungsoo doesn't utters his feelings out loud every day.

"Aw... You did!" Jongin embraced Kyungsoo's waist and laid his head on the latter's shoulder. He put his hand on the older boy's chest feeling his heart beating as fast as his own. He started kissing Kyungsoo's neck and jaw, hugging tighter smaller body. "You didn't have to. You already know my answer."

"Go away"

"No."

"We are in public. Don't do that, you stupid ."

"But why?" Jongin whined.

"Because I won't keep my hands to myself. You know I can't resist you," Kyungsoo turned his face towards Jongin meeting his gaze. And then Jongin saw all the emotions dancing in those beautiful eyes. He saw all the love, adoration, devotion and desire that Kyungsoo felt towards him. He knew Kyungsoo was a man of few (and really sharp) words but his face always shows every emotion. Subtly, almost imperceptibly for others, but it's enough for Jongin to know what is going on in Kyungsoo's mind. Suddenly, he felt giddy like a child at play, and blissful, and happy, and he couldn't help but smile.

Oh Kyungsoo...

He wanted to tease the elder more but he knew better when to stop. After all, he liked his unharmed.

"I love you," Jongin said gently.

"Eat your strawberries."

"You can give me the one from your cheesecake," Jongin said expecting violent response but to his surprise, Kyungsoo took strawberry from the cheesecake and put in his own mouth, leaving a large part for the younger boy. Strangely, it reminded Jongin of the Pepero Game... Oh.

"Aw! So cute!" Jongin cupped Kyungsoo's cheeks with his hands, looking at the sparkling eyes, and bit off the rest of the fruit from his mouth leaving a sloppy kiss on heart shaped lips.

Kyungsoo is awesome, there is no doubts in this. And he is a great kisser, and gave him a strawberry... and he is awesome, and handsome, and funny... and awesome... and... OH... He is trying to shove his tongue into Jongin's mouth.

And Jongin lets him.

He just gained another memory to be engraved in his heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Entertainment to your ? Really?"

"Shut up."

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Thank you for reading!

Comments are appreciated!  ^^