#2: Talk

The Path We Took

 

#2: Talk

  I startled by the sudden vibrate. Luckily it’s break time. I took my phone from my pocket and saw one message in my inbox. My lips drew a little smile, knowing the sender. I looked at the time at the phone’s screen. It’s 10.55pm. No wonder, she’s already arrived in Korea by now. I clicked the mid button to read the message.

We need to talk. Han River. In half an hour.-Gyuri

Hmm, I tinged coldness from the message. I’m confident that she’s not in a good condition, a.k.a, very angry and it seems like she won’t accept no for an answer. So, yeah, let’s meet. The new announced couple, Super Junior Eunhyuk and Kara Park Gyuri was going to meet for the first time after the news of them was revealed. Immediately I replied her.

Ok-Eunhyuk

~~~***~~~

  I’m few meters away when I saw her standing near the river bank. She crossed her arms while facing the Han River. It’s either her angriness was on the top or she’s too deep in her own world that she didn’t notice my car was coming nearer. I stopped my car near her MPV. I went out from the car but didn’t go to her. I knocked on the driver’s window.

“Hyung, can you leave Gyuri with me, alone?” I asked. The guy who’s known as Kara’s manager seems hesitated. He looked at me, and then diverted his eyes to Gyuri, who looked at both of us. Well, seems like she’s not that oblivious to her surrounding when she can react to my request.

“I’ll take her home. Safely. Promise.” I tried to convince him. I really wanted us to be alone because I knew that we were going to discuss something serious and I wanted it privately, although the manager also have part in this. But, I just wanted it to be us. It is about US.

“Okay. I trust you. Make sure to send her in front of the door, okay.” I nodded.

With that, he started the engine and left. Both of us stared at the van till it disappeared from our sight and leave the smoke from the engine vanished to the thin air. Now, it’s only the two of us here. Slowly, I went standing beside her. There’s a little distance between us but I can feel her furious aura heated and burning to my body. It looked like I’m exaggerated but that’s the reality.

 

………

……………

…………………

 

Oh God! I need to kill the uncomfortable silence.

“You want me to explain about the sudden announcement.” I started the conversation. It was merely a statement, not a question.

“Yes.”

“But I don’t think I need to.”

“…..”

“……”

“Why did you agree to it?”

“I didn’t.” I said calmly.

“But you didn’t say no, either, right?”

“Yes.” From the corner of my eyes, I saw her closed her eyes and tighten her fist. I smirked.

“Didn’t we both agreed to this? Why make such a fuss over this?” I know that I’m adding a fuel to a fire, but I don’t care. It’s my intention anyway and it seems like it’s succeeded since I felt her intense looking eyes on me.

“Yes. We do AGREE for the relationship but we also AGREE that the announcement will take place in a month.”

“Is there any different now or later?”

“Of course it is. I need to prepare myself and I need to let my members know too.”

“I supposed you have time long enough after the discussion, Gyuri yang.”

She silent.

“Yes, but..”

“Then, it’s not my fault if you don’t use the chance to let the members know.” Proudly I cut her words.

“I need to prepare myself. Especially about the press and your crazy fans out there.”

“You should realize that when we make a deal.”

“But, I know nothing about the changes. The announcement today, I know nothing about it, okay! Nothing!” I looked at her. Her expression now full of disappointment, hurt, fatigued, betrayed.

“You should at least let me know.”

“That’s your manager’s job. Not me.” I knew I’m being a bit jerk here but I have enough with all the situations where I’m being the good guy.

She scoffed. Silence.

“Then, there’s no point of this talk.” After a few second, she mumbled to herself but still I managed to hear it.

“You said it.”

She breathed harshly letting off her annoyance to me. She walked to my car.

“Take me home, please.” I followed her into the car. I kept silence. I don’t want to say anything that can boil her already lividness.

 The whole journey to Kara’s dorm was filled with silence. I need to concentrate driving since it’s already late at night and I was a bit tired today because of the schedule. Gyuri too, didn’t mutter a single word and looked at the car’s window whole time. About half an hour, we arrived at their dorm’s building. Gyuri half heartedly bowed to me and opened the car’s door. Well, seems like she annoyed at me to death but still she has some manner. I followed her action and escorted her until we went stopped in front of the building’s elevator.

“Are you going to follow me to my dorm?” She gave me a what-the-he** looking. I nodded.

She laughed sarcastically.

“Are you kidding? Eunhyuk shi, we’re alone now. Not in front of the public. So, save your drama for another day, arasso.”

“I’ve promised your manager that I’ll safely send you in front of you dorm’s door.”

“Don’t pretend like you are the kind of person who kept their promises.”

“But, that’s the real me.”

“Tck, ‘promises are to be break’. Isn’t that what you show me today?”

“First, about today, I still won’t admit that it’s my fault because it was not. Second, maybe other people will use that quote but not me. I already made the promise to your manager and I’ll fulfill it. So, please shut your pretty mouth or I’ll shut it for you.”

At the last sentence, I trapped her with my hand with her back at the elevator wall. I leaned closely to her. We are so close that I can feel her nervous breath on my face. She seems a bit shocked with my action and stiffed at her current position. Luckily the elevator’s door opened at that moment. The coincidence that saved both of us. Well, I don’t have any intention to do that to her. It’s one way of teasing her anyway, and give some lesson.

Nonchalantly I walked into the elevator and pretend like nothing happened. She seemed flustered but managed to make stone face to show that she didn’t affected by my action when both of us know it actually does. She pressed the button 11. I clearly saw her pouting from the reflection of the mirror in the elevator. I bet she must be cursing me all her heart.

Once the elevator stopped at 11th floor, she immediately stormed out leaving me behind. Just before she managed to open the door, I grabbed her wrist.

“Let me go.”

Slowly, I let her go. She showed her irritated face. Aigoo, it’s not that I purposely touched her. It just some spontaneous action, unintentionally action.

She turned her back to me. When she’s about to unlock the door, I called her name. Ironically, she didn’t make an effort to face me, or at least to turn around. Obviously she's not interested to know what I’m about to say. But I know she’s listening.

“I know that you really really mad about the announcement that they make today. Since we planned to do it month later.”

“Tck, isn’t it too obvious? That’s the reason why I asked you out.”

“But, it already passed. By hook or by crook, we need to accept the facts that we are the official couple now, in front of the public. It doesn’t matter when we revealed it because sooner or later, we still going to revealed it.”

She turned to me. Before she could interrupt me, I continued.

 “I don’t think time is the problem here. Maybe you didn’t get to prepare for the circumstances before, but you can start preparing for it now. We can prepare ourselves together. I won’t let you to be alone in this matter. We both make decision to take this path, so both of us will face this together. I’m sure you already know the possible risks of all this. The initiative now is to wait and see and take action according to the situation. That why I really need your cooperation. I can’t do this without you.”

“About the announcement, honestly, the same goes with me too, just know about it today. Can’t believe that they did this without telling us. But what can I do? Life must go on right? So, just be positive and go with the flow.”

“……”

“You talked too much.” She rolled her eyes. She still angry about the whole thing today, but I’m quite relieved seeing her face softened a little bit after what I said.  

“I need some time. Hope that you’ll understand. When I feel like I’m okay, I’ll let you know. You can go now. Good night.”

“Gyuri shi.”

She looked at me.

“Hwaiting!” She rolled her eyes. Just before she turned the knob, I called her once again.

“What?!”

“What about my goodnight kiss?” I’m grinning.

“….”

I’m still grinning.

“Do you want to die?” She quickly opened the door and harshly banged it exactly in front of my face. Am I too much? Well, I’m actually cringed too at the last word that I uttered. Seems so unlike me. The situation changed me to someone that I, myself didn’t recognize. Undeniably, my relationship with Park Gyuri too. I sighed.

End of first day. This is just the beginning. The path Lee Hyukjae took.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

My_note: Its been so long since i last updated. sorry if this chapter quite confusing. i'll try to make it clearer in the next chapter.