Chapter 3

아테나 Athena (Revision)

-Vicenza, Italy-

The phone suddennly started to ring, startling many. The women immediently picked up.

"Please speak."

"Why should I listen to your demands?" the kidnapper asked. "I don't have to listen anyones demands."

"I know who you are." the women said. "Taking you out of borders, for me, that's not difficult at all. Meeting time, place, method, will all be according to your requests."

She could hear the man sighing.

The room was intensly silent.

-Blue House-

The President gazed at the picture of him and his daughter. All he wanted to do was to make his daughter was happy and safe. Now, he thought he had failed.

The door was knocked on and opened to reveal one of his secretaries, Choi Jin Hee.

"Our members are currently making negotiations with the kidnappers." she reported. "and the demands of the kidnappers will be known soon. Contacting on their own accord, can comfirm the kidnappers want us to meet their condtions by kidnapping Miss Soo Young.

"Before we satify their demands, Miss Soo Young will not be in danger."

The President sighed in relief of his daughter was safe-at the moment.

-NTS Command Center: Vicenza, Italy-

The data analyst start to make sure everything is in place.

The director finally comes in, checking if all cameras were in place.

-Marositca Square, Italy-

The operation has begun.

-Juliette-

There was some kind of medieval festival happening, no wonder they wanted to meet me here.

I followed the costume dressed people along with clapping citizens.

-NTS-

"Juliette has appeared at the transaction site." one of the data analysts announced.

All the agents were alert now.

"Confirm each of your locations." Director Kwon demanded.

-Marostica Square, Italy-

"Stands, confirmed." Han Jae, wearing a short-haired wig, confirmed.

"Inside car, confirmed."

"Street side, confirmed."

"Inside shop, confirmed."

"Sniper, confirmed."

"Sniper 2, confirmed."

Juliette started looking around, searching for any type of signal or communication.

A boy, with an empty bag of chips, touched her arm. Juliette looked inside the bag, pulling out a communication devise and put it in her ear.

"Contact with Juliette at the central location has begun." Han Jae reported.

"You've agreed to come by yourself." the kidnapper said. "How come you've brought this many people?"

-NTS-

"Determine the direction of the signal within that region." Director Kwon said.

The agents were getting as nervous as ever, wheter or not they can save the VIP (refering to President's First Daughter) in custody.

-With Juliette-

"I will give you 3 minutes to get rid of your people." the kidnapper told her. "And come to the place I tell you. Ah..what you should put in the bag, you should know that, right?"

Julitte took out her communication devise with NTS into the bag, along with her sunglasses and bracelet.

-NTS-

"All the location tracking equipment Juliette is wearing have been removed." a female data analyst reported.

The map with all of the agents locations, only Juliette's was gone.

-Marostica Square, Italy-

Juliette gave the bag of chips back to the boy and he ran off. She listened to orders and started walking off.

"Juliette is leaving the central location." Han Jae reported.  

Han Jae started following her.

The medieval festival finally started, bringing more clapping/cheering and more crowds.

As she passed the oudoors shop, an observer also started following her.

Juliette suddennly made a turn into a store and went out through the back door.

The observer followed her out the back door. When he got out, he saw no one and took a turn towards the right.

Juliette stepped out of her hiding spot and started walking forward again.

"Juliette has been lost." the observer stated.

-NTS-

"All tracking devises have been deactivated. Currently, there is no way to track Juliet."

"Is there no one who can find Juliette's location?" Director Kwon shouted.

He didn't get any replied back.

"Why would she do that?" Eunhyuk asked s. "Isn't that really stupid?"

"Who knows what she's doing." Donghae told him. "The end results is the most important part of this mission to see whether or not we'll be able to save our princess."

-With Juliette-

"I've left behind those members." Juliette told the kidnapper. "Where's the meeting place?"

Only did she know, there was still 2 left.

The observer in the car got out and immediently saw Juliette walking. He started following her as well.

"Behind the east side of the square." he said. "a white van."

"It's behind the east square." The car observer reported to Han Jae. She recieved and started running after her as well.

The car observer ran to the bask side of wine shop to see no one there. Juliette came out from behind her and twisting his neck, in otherwords, killing him.

Han Jae looked around, still not seeing Juliette, when she started walking towards the basketball courts.

Juliette climbed into the white van and the kidnappers immediently closed the doors just as Han Jae arrived.

They tied a black piece of cloth around her head, not allowing her to see. As much as they didn't know Juliette could still see everything.

Han Jae took off her wig as soon as the van was almost out of sight.

"CC302DL, white van." she said. "Search for that van."

-Back with NTS-

"CC302DL, white van. Search the van." Director Kwon said. "Still use satellite tracking."

"Activating satellite images...found the target."

The map showed the van's location via google maps.

The target supposedly went missing after going through a tunnel.

"We've lost the target." they confirmed.

~*~*~*~*~

Director Kwon started pacing in the room, waiting for a signal.

The door opened to reveal Han Jae.

"I'm sorry." Han Jae apoligzed to the director. "We've lost her."

"It's okay." Director Kwon told her. "Juliette's objective is to secure the VIP's safety anyway. She'll come back soon. You've worked hard."

He left the room again.

"Don't you think Juliette lost them on purpose?" Eunhyuk asked. "Why couldn't she just leave them be?"

"Juliette agreed to meet the kidnapper alone." Siwon explained. "Somehow he found out and told her to loose them in order to meet Miss Soo Young."

"How do you know that?" Heechul asked him.

"Common sense."

-With Juliette-

The kidnapper took off the piece of cloth around her eyes, but still couldn't use her hands.

"The real person is younger and more beautiful than the voice." he said.

Juliette smiled. "You look better in person than those pictures too."

"Where is she?"

The kidnapper nodded his head and the man tied the cloth around her eyes again.

-NTS-

"There's still no contact?" Director Kwon came back to check in again.

"Yes, there hasn't." Han Jae confirmed.

-Juliette-

I was directed into a room.

The man untied the cloth.

There was the VIP there. Sitting down with her hands and legs tied to the chair, and unable to see.

"Miss Soo Young, are you okay?" I immediently asked.

"Who are you?" The First Daughter asked. "Where did you come from?" She could still take and move around. That she be enough to confirm that she is safe.

"Take her out." the kidnapper said.

A man untied her legs and brought her out of the room.

"Are you satisfied now?" he asked.

I glared at him. "What are your demads?"

~*~*~*~

I was pushed out of the van with only a cellphone in my hands.

"So rude." I grumbled and returned to the NTS quarters, to report back the demands of the kidnappers.

~*~*~*~

"There's still 48 hours." I said. "Before then, if we are unable to meet their conditions, the VIP will die. After they recieve Dr. Kim Myung Guk for a full hour, they will hand over the VIP to us. They refuse to make the exchangement at the same time. Under these circumstances, we don't have a choice."

"I understand." Director Kwon said. "I will report to the Blue House."

"Yes, sir."

I opened the door and stepped out of office, remembering to close the door after me.

"What's their request?" Han Jae asked me.

"Director will give orders...I'm going to get rest."

-Blue House-

The phone started ringing. The President picked it up.

"Yes, it's me."

"We've recieved word from the kidnappers." Director Kwon told him.

"What about Soo Young?" President Jo demanded to know if her daughter was safe. "Is she safe?"

"Yes, she's safe and unhurt." Director Kwon confirmed.

The President sighed in relief. 

"They...proposed a few request, sir."

"What are they?"

"They..want Dr. Kim Myung Guk. Within 48 hours."

~*~*~*~

"They request that we hand over Dr. Kim Myung Guk and his partner in China." Director Kwon said, via video chat.

"Who Dr. Kim Myung Guk?" Director Han, Han Jae's father, asked. "I've neve heard of him."

The male secretary exchanged glances with President Jo. He nodded, letting him explain about Dr. Kim Myung Guk.

"He was once the director of the nuclear research in North Korea." the male secretary told everybody. "He worked with nuclear research member, Hong Seung Ryong. He was the backbone of North Korea nuclear development."

"But, why are they coming to us for him?" Director Han asked.

"Because right now he's on our side." Secretary Choi told him.

"Three years ago, he secretly escaped here. Currently, he's under the management of NTS' WPP (Witness Protection Plan). The problem lies on Dr. Kim Myung Guk. He's one of the development of Korea's new nuclear power program."

"We have a policy of not negotiating with terrorists." President Jo said. "This request, I will definately not accept."

"This matters concerns with Miss Soo Young's life." Choi Secretary said. "If you don't agree, then they will kill her. Please consider it carefully."

"The new nuclear program, concerns with my entire countries future." he said. "We can't give up now."

"Call the DIS in America. Tell them to deal with this matter."

-Seoul, Korea: DIS (Department of Intelligence Service)-

Son Hyok was currently reading a few files, when the door opened to reveal a female secretary and a researcher.

"There are visitors from the Japanese branch." she said and left his office.

"I'm from the Chronocles of Future Society in Tokyo, Japan." he said. "In DIS, I'm a researcher from the undercover unit."

He handed Son Hyok his card.

"Yes, what did you come here to do?"

"I don't know if you're aware or not." the researcher said, nervously. "Our main job is to gather information and begun investigation. I have something I have to report to the director, directly."

"Okay, these things please report to the members in charge." Son Hyok turned around.

"I can't, I have to tell you presonally." the researcher said.

"Not following the reporting system isn't very good." he said.

"Please, have you heard of an organization called, Athena?"

Son Hyok paused and turned around. "Athena? Please take a seat."

The reseacher followed and sat down and took out a binder. "These are the materials I've gathered." handing him the folder of information.

"Athena is an organization that control's the world's resources market." he explained. "Up until now, people didn't know of the existence of Athena. It is well hidden behind layers of the veil."

"From the regime changes in Central and South America to the African Civil War, and even involvement in private military forces in the Iraq War, it's all connected to Athena."

"As long as it's controlling the world's largest resource market, not only are there assasinations and terrorists attacks, they won't hesitate to start war. It's a horrible organization."

"I'm sorry, but why are you telling me this?" Son Hyok asked him.

"Because within DIS, there's already members of Athena who have infiltrated."

'Of course I know that,' Son Hyok thought. 'Because...I'm even one of them.'

"How is that possible?"

The reseacher handed a binder to Son Hyok. He opened it and it revealed his assistant.

~*~*~*~

The reseacher was walking home when, he saw Son Hyok's assistant's shadow. He paniced and tried to run away.

When...Son Hyok shot him down.