Mine

Forever Mine

 

I still remember the first time we met. She was my younger brother’s piano teacher. She was so young back then. We were both young. I’m just a year older than her anyway. The first time we talk was when I asked her if there’s any progress in my brother’s ability. You see, my brother isn’t exactly the perfect son to our parents. He was a spoiled brat and the only reason why he wanted to know how to play the piano is because the girl he likes was fond of boys who can play any instruments. Of all the instruments, he chose piano. That’s when he asked our parents to get him a piano teacher and it was her. She told me she admires my brother’s eagerness to learn. I laughed when I heard that. I didn’t know people change so much for the person they like. I think it was stupid before but then I realized it’s true. Because she came. Because I changed.

 

We got together after a year of trying to know each other. She stopped being my brother’s piano teacher by then because he finally got the girl he likes to like him back but we didn’t stop talking to each other. She was different from all the other girls I met. She has passion in everything she does. She’s nearly perfect. Heck, she’s even perfect in my eyes already. She’s beautiful, inside and out. She smiles a lot and she always has a positive outlook in life even if everything’s around her isn’t going well. I really admire her for that. I also like the fact that she has the capacity to make me fall in love with her. She’s the best thing that had ever happened in my life.

 

Things went well for the both of us. Although both of us were busy doing our own stuff, we still managed to have time for each other. We see to it that we’d at least have a proper date once a week. She had been very understanding of me and my job because it requires most of my time. Handling our family business, which is growing big, is really no joke. Her schedule was more flexible than mine and although I feel bad for asking her out for a date in weirdest time of the day, she’d willingly come with me. I couldn’t really ask for more. I have everything in my own hands ― money, a good family, popularity and a beautiful girlfriend. Most people around me get jealous of that. I’m lucky to have them all. I’m lucky to have her and I don’t think I’ll ever let go of her. Never.

 

We really got along well and our relationship even appears as a perfect one for other people but that’s not the case. Every relationship has its flaws and ours is not an exception. There are times when we fight and I must admit that most of the time, if not always, it is me who’s the first one to raise the voice between us. It’s always me who has a problem. I hate how guys flocked around her. I become a possessive monster when it comes to her.

 

She’s beautiful. That’s true. And it’s also true that she’s mine. She had always been mine. She will forever be mine. I’ll make sure of that. She probably felt suffocated and I already apologized for that. We talked just a few days ago and she told me she finally understood. She also told me she can’t live without me and that makes me feel better. I love how understanding she is. I love how she felt the same way for me. I love how she’s smiling at me right now.

 

I remember the last fight we had. That was just a week ago, a day after we talked and settled our differences. We were at a party and she was my date. As usual, she looked pretty, prettier even with that white long gown that perfectly showcased her curvaceous body. Her makeup was also perfect. She’s really beautiful and my jaws almost dropped the first time I saw her that night. I presented her to everyone with confidence and satisfaction. She’s like my living doll. I am so proud of her. I feel so contented to have her in my life but then I made the biggest mistake of leaving her alone for a few minutes to talk with a business partner. The moment I returned at the table where she was at, she’s already talking to someone, someone who is a guy, and they were talking happily. That frustrates me so much. Without a warning, I grabbed her hand and dragged her outside the hall. I heard her calling my name as she tries to free her wrist from my grip. But I hold onto her.

 

“Lu Han, what’s wrong with you?” She asked as we finally stopped walking. She sounded calm as usual. She never screams at me. Instead, she’d ask me what’s wrong with that soothing voice of her every time. I really love her voice. I love everything about her. But that doesn’t make my anger go down.

 

“Who was that guy you were talking to?” I asked, coldly. She didn’t answer. Instead, she closed her eyes and sighed. I got irritated because of that so I grabbed her by her shoulders forced her to open her eyes and look at me. She did. She stared at me. But she was crying. No, no. I don’t want to see her cry. Not ever.

 

“I can’t do this anymore, Lu Han.” She sobbed. “You are turning into someone, which I don’t like at all. You are so overprotective of me. I just―Just please let me breathe.”

 

“You want to break up with me?” I asked her incredulously. I don’t want to believe it was happening.

 

“I don’t. I just need space. I just need to be away from you for awhile.” And that breaks my heart.

 

“You can’t do this to me, Seohyun. You can’t!” I started shouting. I grabbed her wrist again and started dragging her towards my car. She didn’t say anything as I drove my car towards our apartment. We started living together two months ago. I asked her to move in with me because that’s the only thing I can think of so that I can at least spend my time with her. I’ve been really busy that it’s hard for us to meet. After persuading her a lot of times, she finally agreed. We were happy until that night.

 

As soon as we arrived at our apartment, she quickly went to her room. I let her and didn’t follow her because maybe, she’ll change her mind if I give her some time. I sat on the couch in the living room as I wait patiently for her to go out but when she finally did, she was holding a bag. I assumed it was full of her clothes. She had also removed her makeup and changed her clothes. I looked up at her as she stood a meter away from me. She had a determined look on her face like she finally made a decision. And heaven knows how much I don’t want to hear it.

 

“I’m sorry, Lu Han. But I just can’t be with you for a while.” She said.

 

“Why? Am I not enough for you, Seohyun? I gave you everything! I love you so much. More than anything in this goddamn world. Why are you doing this to me? Tell me!” I stood up as I shout at her. She looked away and I noticed how her lips tremble. That moment, I knew she was trying so hard not to cry in front of me. But I just can’t let her go. There’s no way I’ll let that happen.

 

“This is not working anymore, Lu Han! I hate this. I hate how possessive you had became. This―You’re suffocating me!” She started crying and it breaks my heart seeing her like that. But I’m also determined not to let her go. I don’t want to be harsh on her but it seems like my body has a mind of its own because the next thing I knew, I was already pinning her on the wall. She was crying so much trying to push me away. My heart softened as I saw her face and my grip of her loosened. She took that chance to slip away from me. I watched her run away from me but I didn’t stand frozen in my spot. I ran after her.

 

When I saw her, she was already crossing the road. Then I saw a flash of light.

 

I screamed.

 

The next day, when I woke up, I saw her sleeping beside me. She looks angelic with her eyes closed. I can hear her soft breathing which sounded like a good melody in my ears. I feel her warmth and that’s when I thought that what happened the night before was all just a dream.

 

After a few minutes of just staring at her goddess-like face, she finally woke up. I smiled at her and she smiled back. That’s when I apologized to her, for being so over-protective and overly possessive of her. She just smiled and nodded at me before she snuggled closer to me. We stayed like that for a few more hours.

 

Currently, we were on the bed, just looking at each other’s eyes. There’s something different with the way she looks at me. I sense sadness in her eyes. It’s as if she wanted to tell me something but she can’t or something is probably stopping her from doing so. I wanted to ask her but decided not to because I feel like I’d get my heart broken if I do so. I am not prepared for whatever that is. That’s when I heard a knock on my door. I got up from the bed, walked towards the door and opened it.

 

My brother was standing in front of me. He was glaring at me. I think he’s angry at me. For what reasons? That, I don’t know. I can honestly feel like he wanted to punch me but there’s something that’s stopping him―pity, that’s what my mind told me.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked him.

 

“This, hyung.” He shouted at me. “Everything is wrong! You have to move on!”

 

Move on from what? I don’t have any idea.

 

“What are you talking about, Sehun?” I asked him again.

 

“Seohyun noona is already gone, hyung! Move on and don’t live like this!”

 

Seohyun is gone? I stared confusedly at him before I turned to look at my bed. She’s there―she’s sitting there and staring at me. She mouthed something to me but I wasn’t able to understand it. I turned to look at Sehun.

 

“What are you talking about? Seohyun is there on my bed. Can’t you see?” I started getting angry. He, then, grabbed my shirt.

 

“She’s dead, hyung! She was caught in an accident just a week ago!” Sehun shouted. “You were there! You saw it with your two eyes. She’s dead. She’s gone and you have to move on!”

 

I pushed him away before I punched him.

 

He’s crazy.

 

Seohyun is here with me.

 

She’s not dead.

 

Then I was suddenly thrown to the floor as I feel my cheeks ache. Sehun punched me.

 

That’s when I looked around me.

 

Broken glasses, broken chairs, broke mirror―Everything was broken. Even my heart.

 

I looked at the bed and found it empty.

 

Sehun isn’t crazy.

 

I am.

 

That’s why there is sadness in Seohyun’s eyes.

 

That’s why there is pity in Sehun’s eyes.

 

Seohyun is gone.

 

She is forever gone.

 

And it was my entire fault.

 

She’s mine. She had always been mine. But she was gone now and forever isn’t possible anymore.

 


This is probably not what you had expected and I think there are a lot of confusing parts. Feel free to ask me questions and I'd answer them. This is also unedited. Will probably do it once I got the time to do so. Same for my previous fics. 

I'm still hoping you will like this! ^^ I am on a mission to spread angst in the seohan tag. :)