Third World

The Fourth World

The world of two kingdoms
The world that has long forgotten about peace
The world where you’re the power…



Minho’s luck may have been bad as he came to the world that was in the middle of a never-ending war. Minho who had given up his strength in exchange for the charm had a difficult time in battle. He was part of the swordsmen squad of Fengaris. Fengaris was in a state of war with the Ilios. From his new memory, the kingdom of Fengaris was once a peaceful kingdom, led by the wisest kings. The Fengarian was famous for their generosity. There was barely any crime in the kingdom. They were never one to provoke the other kingdom. Unlike the serene Fengaris, Ilios was well-known for their impatience and their greed over Fengaris’ prosperity. Being such a considerate kingdom as it was, the King of Fengaris offered to share their supplies with Ilios in a fair agreement. The old kings had settled a concord that brought advantages to both of the kingdoms and it was being followed well from both sides. And then came one certain king from Ilios that was just too greedy to be satisfied with the old agreement between them and started using dirty tricks to steal things from Fengaris. It started off with food supplies, water, firewood, and by the time they began to take mining, they went just too far and got caught by the Fengarian.

The King of Fengaris was mad upon hearing the news that Ilios broke their old arrangement and demanded apologies and fair compensation for what they had taken yet the King of Ilios disregarded the request and declared war. The Fengarian had tried their best to avoid warfare, however, in the end, war had to occur. And it had gone from generation to generation, changing the nature of both of the kingdoms. They had forgotten the reason they were in the state of war. They had forgotten what they aimed for. They were no longer battling for resources; they were battling because that was what they were born for. Every child was taught about the war and the hatred and the rage to destroy their enemy. And much to Minho’s dislike, the current king of Ilios was no other than Taemin.

But life was that cruel. Minho’s camp was the one on the upper hill. A perfect place where he could see the enemy’s base. That way, he could sometimes see Taemin practicing his swords skill. Taemin was a tough boy. His cutesy didn’t show up at all in this world. He had hard facial line, maybe from being in battle at such young age. He really wanted to fight alongside with him so he could protect him. He may be a Fengarian, but Taemin was the reason why he was here in the first place. So tomorrow he wanted to try his luck. There would be an attack the following day. Minho wanted to try and see if he could get far through the front line and fight near Taemin. He knew it would be dangerous, remembering he had no strength left but worth a try.

The next day, Minho did carry out his plan. It was a hard and long for Minho to move forward to the first line when he saw where Taemin was. He really did a good job on dodging and hitting the other troops considering his current state. He was halfway through the throng of people pointing their swords towards each other when he came across one of the finest men of Ilios. Minho’s heart went wild at the thought of dying by this man’s hand. He couldn’t die yet. The other man had a body twice Minho’s size and his aim was pretty accurate. He hit hard and gave no mercy. Onone wrong move, Minho was knocked down to the earth and was waiting for the enemy’s sword to stab his body when he felt a huge weight fall on his body. He opened his eyes and was shocked to see his opponent’s body on his. An ax jutted from his back. He looked up to see the familiar face smiling to him.


“Are you okay boy with the cube charm?”

“Minho.” Minho told his name as he moved the lifeless body off him. He doubted the other could hear him because he was already busy handling another attack.

“Jonghyun.” Minho heard when he ducked a sword directed toward him. Judging by the way Minho fought; Jonghyun concluded that Minho wasn’t a good knight to begin with. Not that he was brilliant and had the right to look down on Minho.


“My strength,” Minho said all of sudden when he and Jonghyun were sitting on top of the hill after a long day of fighting. Both kingdoms had pulled back and took a good amount of time to rearrange their troops and to rest. The battle had to wait until the morning came. “I gave up my power for the charm. That’s why I fight that way. After several swings of a sword, I already become tired.”

“Then you shouldn’t go too far toward the first line.” Jonghyun commented.

“I want to be by his side. Even though I’m too useless to be a guard at least I want to make a use of what’s left of me to protect him.”

Jonghyun eyed him for awhile before bracing himself to ask the question, “Who’s that?”

“The King of Ilios,” Minho whispered low. Jonghyun gulped, the one he really wanted to kill ever since he set his foot on this world was his acquaintance’s most important person.

“It must be hard, huh? To fight for your loved one’s enemy.”

Minho didn’t say anything but Jonghyun had already known the answer. And it was a lie that it didn’t tug his heartstring to know what Minho had to go through.

“Fight by my side,” Jonghyun said. “I will help you make a way to King Taemin.” Minho turned to see Jonghyun, he couldn’t believe a person he barely knew would offer such thing to him. “We are bound-by-the-charms buddies,” Jonghyun hit Minho’s arm lightly and loosened up the atmosphere.

“I always want to see yours,” Minho spit out, being frank. Jonghyun shoved his hand into his pocket and showed the yellow marble on his palm.

“A marble?” he asked confused. A marble didn’t have corner! He wanted to ask further but held himself back. Afraid if it meant nothing good.

“Yellow is Jinki’s favourite colour.” Jonghyun stated. Minho didn’t miss the pride in his tone as he said so. But hold on…

“Jin-Jinki?” Minho’s eyes went wide as it finally got into him who Jinki was. “King of Fengaris?”

Jonghyun simply nodded.


When morning came and they went to the battlefield, Minho insisted that Jonghyun shouldn’t help him and went to serve their king properly. Unfortunately, Jonghyun was as stubborn as a rock, arguing that Fengarian would win someday, without harming Taemin, make a peace pact and they, four, could live happily ever after. Jonghyun was a man of his word. Plus, he was a good knight, Minho could tell. Every swing of his sword brought down at least one man. Minho was far behind him in number. They moved from the middle to the first line almost immediately, thanks to Jonghyun’s skill. They stopped moving forward when they were just six feet away from Taemin. Minho put his guard high, watching whoever went near Taemin. It was an act of betrayal to be honest, but Minho couldn’t help it. He felt bad, though, for bringing Jonghyun into this. It must be tough for the other to do something so disloyal to his loved one. Being deep in thought, Minho wasn’t aware of Taemin approaching him with his killing gaze. It was when Jonghyun’s sword saved him that he was brought back to reality and started to fight back. As many knight loomed around them, Jonghyun left Minho alone to fight with Taemin and focused on the others that were coming their way. Minho didn’t really attack Taemin properly. He just tried his best to avoid his sword. He was concentrating on preventing Taemin’s sharp piece of metal from getting in touch with his skin so he couldn’t help Jonghyun with others knights. More and more men from both sides kept coming to their way till it was too much for Jonghyun to keep the two safe. Minho watchedtheir prime ministry approaching Taemin from behind and throw his sword in Taemin’s direction. The last thing he knew was he was shouting with all his might, dropping his sword and grabbing Taemin with both of his hands. He spun Taemin around and held his breath when he felt metal jab his back. He fell to the ground, bringing Taemin down with him, pinning him with his weight. He felt another pain in his stomach and looked down to see Taemin’s sword had stabbed his abdomen. With all his might, he looked up to meet Taemin’s eyes. His perplexed face was right in front of him, staring back at him with disbelief. Minho tried to form a smile but ended up coughing blood. He brought his hands to Taemin’s face and, with his last breath he asked, “Taemin, dear, are you okay?”

The world of two kingdoms
The world that has long forgotten about peace
The world where I die for you…


“Minho!”Jonghyun shouted, rushing towards his friend. The sight of Minho lying on the ground turned him wild, knocking down everyone who got into his way. Seeing Taemin hadn’t moved from his spot beneath Minho yet fueled him to run faster to save Taemin from the other knights. When he reached them, Jonghyun knelt down beside Minho’s lifeless body, shaking his body hard just in case Minho would wake up if he did so. But Minho didn’t. He didn’t open his eyes. “Your Majesty, are you okay?” he asked Taemin and was about to move Minho’s body when Taemin screamed for help. Jonghyun turned around just in time to ward offa sword that was directed toward Taemin. The sword stopped just a few inches in front of Taemin’s face. Jonghyun looked up to see the owner of the sword only to meet the sight of Jinki’s cold face. Jonghyun’s face filled with horror seeing Jinki stare down on him.

“Traitor,” the word was cold and harsh, slipping out of Jinki’s lips. That was the last word Jonghyun heard before Jinki pierced his sword right into his heart.

The world of two kingdoms
The world that has long forgotten about peace
The world where I die by your hand…

 

*****


Hello ^^

A new chapter today

It's one day late but I hope you guys will like it =D

and comment please ^^

thank you