Jae's Story

Mister and Miss [ONE/TWO-SHOTS]

Hello! First story is ready!!! This story is for Yoko and everyone else who applied and all those DBSK fans out there:) Do enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Mummy! Tell me Jae’s story again!” Jae Ru pestered me as I gently pushed him towards his bed.

“You never get tired of this one do you?”I asked as I fondled his hair lovingly.

“Ok!” I breathed out and settled myself comfortably beside him.

“Once upon a time, there was a girl called Yae Jin who worked in a small pastry shop in town...”

“The pastry girl was you Mummy!” Jae Ru cut in excitedly.

“Yes my dear, now let Mummy finish the story.” I replied and smiled as Jae Ru blinked his huge eyes towards me; his Father’s eyes, I thought as I tucked the blanket under his chin.

“One day, a group of bad men came to raid her shop and they found her hiding in a cupboard. They took her to the leader of the bad men and made her tell them where her boss was. However, Yae Jin refused to tell them as she was very loyal to her boss because he had saved her when she was jobless and starving. So the bad men beat her up to punish her instead.”

“But Jae came to save her didn’t he?” Jae Ru asked sleepily and rested his head on my arm.

“Yes.”I whispered and kissed him lightly on his forehead.

“Jae came to save Yae Jin from the bad men and they fell in love at first sight. Jae then killed the leader of the bad men and escaped with Yae Jin to start a new life in a place far away from that small town.”

I paused.

Memories rushed pass my mind as I absentmindedly my son’s face.

“Then one year later, they had a son and they named him Jae Ru. The three of them thus lived happily ever after in their small and cozy house.”

I gazed towards Jae Ru’s sleeping face and smiled sadly towards him. If only stories came true, I thought as I gently eased my arm from under his head. I gave one last look at his peaceful face then switched off the lights and closed the door behind me.

I walked slowly back to my bedroom. Night time was always the most unbearable; many nights I lay awake with countless thoughts in my mind, all mostly about him.

“JaeJoong…” I murmured and touched his face on the picture beside my bed. I never did tell my son the real ending of Jae’s story; of how he sacrificed himself in order to save me and his son.

Staring towards the ceiling, I let the memories break through the barriers that I had forged for the past seven years.

---

“Where is he woman?” The bulky man snarled as he snatched my hair and pulled my face towards his.

I could smell the strong cheap brandy mixed with the reek of his body sweat from his face as I bit into my lips and remained silent.

“Give her a good lesson.” A quiet voice commanded.

“With pleasure.” The man grinned and spat in my face.

He flung me to one side of the warehouse and grabbed a thick rod from a wooden crate. Two other men joined him and they slowly approached me, baring their teeth and slapping the rods in their hands.

WHAM!

I screamed as a rod slammed into my right leg and heard the sickening crack of my bone which reverberated throughout the empty warehouse.

“HAHAHAHAH! That will teach you to open that pretty mouth of yours.” A guy laughed murderously as he aimed a kick on my stomach.

I felt the air leave my lungs as my body curved in fetal position from his attack.

“Don’t hide that sweet face of yours treasure.” Someone sneered and aimed a kick on my face.

Blood gushed out from my nose as I shielded my face from the rain of punches that landed everywhere on me. I could barely feel the pain as it was slowly numbing my whole body.

I’m going to die, I thought as my vision blurred and darkened. Please hurry up! I screamed in my head as my hands slipped down my face on their own accord.

“Not being very gentleman are you boys?” A new powerful voice rang out.

The punches and kicks stopped and I gasped at the sudden shot of pain that pierced through my whole body.

“Who are you?” Someone asked rudely.

“I would rather not answer that question.” The same new voice replied. I could sense that he was smiling from the hint of amusement in his voice.

“Get rid of him.” The same quiet voice commanded.

Oh no! Run away whoever you are! I screamed in my head. A whimper escaped my lips as I heard the roars and grunts of the men.

Chaos seemed to break loose as the snarls and groans of the men became louder. I heard earsplitting cracks of bones that were broken and the loud thuds of bodies that hit the wooden floorboard.

BANG!BANG!BANG!

Gunshots! I thought as I held my breath in fear. Please don’t let him be hurt, I prayed in my semi conscious state.

“Sneaky, but you would need more than that set of skills to kill me!” The new voice growled out. A loud snap cut through the air and someone screamed; a high pitched chilling scream.

BANG!

Silence.

Warm hands gently touched my back. I shuddered under the large hand and tried to open my eyes but they would not obey me.

Whimpers.

“Hush, you’ll be ok. Just rest now.” The voice became softer and more soothing. I realized that the whimpers were coming from me. Stop that, I chided myself but the whimpers would not stop.

My stomach lurched again as I felt his arms curve around my body protectively. I could feel my body leave the ground as I placed my tired head on his shoulder and let the darkness wash over me immediately.

~

Beep... Beep… Beep…

Shut up, I thought drowsily and stirred.

Where am I? I thought as I tentatively opened one eye. A hospital?

The bed sheet rustled gently as I turned my head to view the room.

“Hey, you’re awake at last.” A man’s silhouette came into my vision. I blinked a few more times and focused my eyes on him again and gasped; he was devastatingly gorgeous.

The man bent down until his face was inches away from mine and smiled gently, his eyes filled with warmth.

Beep.Beep.Beep.

Oh dear, I thought as I heard my heart beat increase suddenly. He does have quite an effect on girls.

“Don’t be afraid. I’m not here to hurt you.”He assured me and patted my hand.

“You’re safe with me. Those men won’t ever come back to harm you.” He tilted his head to one side and grinned.

“Would you like any fruits? You haven’t eaten anything for the past week while you were in coma. I’ll go wash some for you.” So saying, he grabbed two apples from a fruit basket and walked out of the room.

I watched silently as he closed the door behind him and then viewed the room curiously.

How did I end up here? Did that man save me? Was he the one who carried me away from those gangsters? What happened to my boss? A thousand and one questions exploded in my mind and I was burning with impatience to find out the answers.

Turning my head to the right, I saw a slim black leather wallet on the table beside my bed. Curiosity got the better of me and I reached over for the wallet.

“Kim Jae Joong…” I read out softly as I studied the name card that I had pulled out from the wallet. My voice sounded different to me, it was too low and hoarse. Must be because I haven’t used it much this week, I thought as I diverted my attention back to the name card.

Director of Oceana Hotel.

---

“Mummy!Mummy! Wake up! We’re gonna be late!” I felt a small hand shaking my arms.

“Huh? What?” I muttered drowsily as I opened my eyes.

“It’s Daddy’s birthday today! We have to go now!” Jae Ru pestered.

“Ok..ok.. Just give Mummy five minutes ok? I’ll be down in a sec.” I yawned and gently pushed him away.

“Ok! Hurry Mummy!” Jae Ru shouted and dashed out.

The dream was still etched firmly in my mind and I shivered a little at the exact resemblance to the freak incident that happened seven years ago. Talk about Déjà vu, I thought and pulled out my table drawer. I took out the small white envelope and retrieved its contents.

“Kim Jae Joong…” I read out as I traced my fingers over his name. I had kept his first name card that I had found after he saved me from the gangsters. Smiling to myself, I grabbed a set of clean clothes and rushed to the toilet to change.

~

“One bouquet of white roses please.” I said to the flower girl.

“Daddy loves white roses right Mummy?” Jae Ru asked.

“Yes, it is his favorite.” I smiled at Jae Ru as he pranced up and down the small flower shop.

“Here you go Miss.” The flower girl beamed and handed me an elaborate bouquet of white roses.

“Thank you.”

“Let’s pay Daddy a birthday visit now.” I said and took Jae Ru’s hand.

White roses, a symbol of spiritual love – love that is unaware of the temptations of the flesh and remains purely in the soul. That was how Jaejoong had described it when I managed to persuade him to reveal the reason for his pick in white roses. It was also the last gift that he gave me.

---

“Yae Jin…” Jaejoong whispered softly and turned around to face me.

“The past five months with you have been the best times of my life.”He said and stared deeply into my eyes and reached out for my hands.

“I thought I would never be able to cast off the regret and guilt of becoming a gang leader, but meeting you has changed my life. I can now proudly stand beside my Father and help him to manage his Oceana Hotel. I… You have no idea how important you are to my life and to me...” Jaejoong struggled with his words and pulled me towards him, hugging me tightly.

I was at loss for words as I locked my arms firmly around his waist. I thanked my boss silently in my head for owing a large sum of money from the loan sharks and to look for Jaejoong’s gang for help when I was kidnapped. I had paid quite a large price to be with Jaejoong, but I never did regret it.

Jaejoong gently slipped a white rose in my hair and loosened his hold on me. Kneeling on one leg, he took both of my hands in his and smiled towards me tenderly.

“Yae Jin… would you m… NO!” Jaejoong shouted and flew to his feet.

A sharp pain exploded on my right temple and suddenly, everything seemed to be in a slow motion. Jaejoong’s arms were spread apart in front of me and I felt myself slowly falling towards his open embrace. His face was full of pain and I wondered why his mouth was open the whole time. I tried to tell him that everything was fine, but my mouth did not seem to work.

Blood? I wondered as I felt Jaejoong’s arm around me. His shirt was soaked in a deep crimson color and I started to panic. Was Jaejoong hurt?

Someone pulled us roughly apart and I struggled to hold on to Jaejoong. No… I thought dizzily as I saw two men in black drag him further and further away from me.

Jaejoong… I thought before I fell into the deep and familiar darkness.

~

“Jaejoong!” I screamed and woke up.

“Easy there miss.” A nurse said as she tried to calm me down.

“Where is he? Where am I? What happened?” I asked as I shook the nurse furiously by the shoulder.

“I…I…don’t… know…what…you… are… talking… about…” The nurse stuttered as she tried to loosen my grip on her.

“Yae Jin! You’re awake!” Jaejoong’s mother cried out as the door opened. She rushed over to my side and gave me a hug. I could feel her tremble as she held me tightly against her.

“Auntie, what happened to Jaejoong? Where is he? Is he hurt?” I asked her urgently as her arms slackened.

“JaeJoong…”

“Jaejoong was kidnapped by a gang who called themselves the Death Gang. It was for revenge because he had killed their brother gang leader, the Devil Gang when he saved you five months ago.” Jaejoong’s Father said bitterly as he entered the room.

“It is their code of honor to avenge for their brothers and Jaejoong had to pay for what he did to the leader of the Devil Gang.” He continued as he faced me with hate and sorrow at the same time.

“Don’t Dear. It’s not her fault. She had changed him far better than we had ever hoped for.” Jaejoong’s mother whispered as she pushed him slowly towards a seat.

“Where is he now?” I asked softly.

“The doctors asked us to be mentally prepared. Jaejoong was shot in the head and… and…” Jaejoong’s mother could not continue and buried her head in her husband’s shoulder and sobbed.

“Which room?”I asked again. My voice did not betray the turmoil of emotions that was within me. I could hear every beat of my heart loudly in my ears and my stomach was knotted in ways that I never could have imagined.

“The second ICU room.” Jaejoong’s father replied flatly.

I sprinted towards his room immediately and prayed with all my heart. Please wait for me Jaejoong… I haven’t even told you that you will be a father soon…

---

“We’re here Miss.” The taxi driver said as the car came to a stop.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts and paid for the ride while thanking him.

Walking along the corridor, we came to a stop at Jaejoong’s name.

Kim Jae Joong

I stole a look at Jae Ru and smiled towards his grinning face.

Then we turned the doorknob together and entered the hospital room.

“Happy Birthday Daddy!” Jae Ru shouted as he ran over to hug his father.

“Happy Birthday Jaejoong.” I smiled and kissed him gently on his forehead.

“Daddy, we brought you your favorite white roses for your birthday!” Jae Ru exclaimed excitedly as he placed the bouquet of roses on his chest.

“And cake!” Jae Ru cheered as I opened the box with the birthday cake.

“Its chocolate mud pie! Your favorite too.” Jae Ru grinned and started placing the twenty nine colored candles on the cake.

“Mummy, when will Daddy wake up?” Jae Ru asked quietly as he repositioned one candle.

“If Jae Ru is a good boy, Daddy will wake up.” I said tickling his tummy with my fingers.

Jae Ru giggled then patted his chest proudly. “Jae Ru is good! Right Mummy?” he asked a little anxious.

“Of course you are.” I smiled and poked his nose. I gazed towards Jaejoong sadly and wondered when he would awake from his coma. Doctors had managed to remove the bullet that was imbedded in his head; however they had told us that Jaejoong would remain in a coma for a long time.

“Let’s sing for Daddy.” I said brightly.

“Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Daddy! Happy birthday to you!”

“Make a wish Daddy!” Jae Ru shouted and clapped his hands in glee.

I bent over to blow the candles for him and stopped.

The candles extinguished and I saw Jaejoong’s mouth close in that fraction of a second.

My heart seemed to stop as I placed the cake on the table beside his bed. Jae Ru’s continuous chatter did not make any sense to me at all and I pushed it aside and focused on Jaejoong’s face.

He smiled and opened his eyes.

I forgot to breathe.

No…no… This is not real! I must be dreaming! I screamed in my head.

In my subconscious mind, I realized that Jae Ru had suddenly become quiet.

He lifted his hand and gently my face with a finger; his hands were warm and shaky.

“Yae Jin…” Jaejoong whispered.

His voice, I thought with a choke. It was what I had been yearning to hear for the past seven years.

“Da… Daddy?” Jae Ru asked uncertainly.

Jaejoong turned towards Jae Ru and reached out to touch his face.

“My … My son?” He asked, his eyes full with questions as he looked towards me.

I could only nod while I was still in a state of shock.

He smiled and I saw that his eyes had turned misty as he buried his face in Jae Ru’s shoulder.

“Daddy, are you awake? Forever?” Jae Ru asked as he grabbed Jaejoong’s sleeve.

I could see the father and son bond between them as Jaejoong looked into Jae Ru’s eyes and nodded before embracing him tightly.

“Forever…” He whispered and turned towards me. He fumbled along his neck and withdrew a chain and detached a ring from it.

“Yae Jin… This may be seven years late… but… would you… marry me?” Jaejoong asked as he took both of my hands in his.

I saw Jae Ru view us solemnly and then reality crashed in.

This was real. Jaejoong was awake. Everything was going to be ok.

I stared into Jaejoong’s eyes and saw myself in them and nodded.

“Yes…” I said softly and smiled. Tears poured down my face as Jaejoong sat up to hug me. He pulled Jae Ru in the middle and turned his face towards mine.

“I love you…”He whispered and pressed his lips gently against mine.

I was wrong. I thought faintly. Stories do come true.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Cheers always:)

_Steph_