Chapter 1 - Attack

My Only Protector [REVAMPING & EDITING]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Author’s pov :

 

“Aish those fans are just going overboard! Can’t they see that their actions are just making them miserable?! And yet, they claim that BTS are their favorite group when they are doing all this nonsensical acts.” Suji scoff as she read the articles about sasaeng fans and their attacks on a k-pop group name BTS. You just smirked as response and shrugged while she was fuming with anger. 

 

“That is why you should be like me, no interest in k-pop, no worry, no obsessed fans or having to worry about your idol oppa dating someone that isn’t you.” you wink at her as she gagged.

 

“You have no life.” she made a face at you and return back to reading the news occasionally scoffing and making comments of those sasaeng fans. Chuckling, you shook your head at her reaction and just continue doing your own stuffs. 

 

You, Nam Jieun is just an ordinary girl with no interest in the latest trends or music which happened to be from your country, k-pop. Is not that you dislike the members or the song is just that you find it useless to keep on updating yourself with things that will not last forever. You prefer doing things that you can keep for life or until your last breathe on earth. Your looks are something that make girls go green with envy and boys trying to flirt with you but you could careless about them. In school, you were being labelled as the ‘Ice Princess’ as you don’t talk or social much and most of the time you have your signature poker face on that would result in people avoiding you which was what you wanted. But there was one person that managed to break through the thick layer of ice that caged your heart and she is none other than Bae Suji. 

 

Unlike you, Bae Suji is the complete opposite of you. If you were labeled as the ‘Ice Princess’ then she was the school’s sweet heart. Wherever she go, she would have a sweet smile on her face that would make boy faint. She always keep herself updated with the latest fashion updates and trends and guess what, her favorite boy band is BTS, currently. You can’t say that BTS will permanently be her favorite boy band as whenever a new group debuts, she would immediately change her mind and start fawning over them instead. In other words, she is a multi-fandom type of fan which you didn’t find it surprising.  If you were to look on your left or right during school or when you’re with Suji dragging you, you will be able to see giant posters of all k-pop groups be it the latest ones, the popular ones and even the least popular ones could be seen. In Korea, it’s no surprise. Honestly, you had heard their song at one time when Suji wasn’t using her earphones and ended up playing out loud. You had to admit that their voices were mesmerizing and their vocals were amazing, no doubt that they are handsome but you really see no point in keeping up with them. 

 

“Yah yah YAH! Are you even listening to what I was saying just now?” Suji raise an questioning eyebrow at you while you just gave her the blank face as a response. “Aish, Nam Jieun, you’re gonna be the death of me one day.” you smirked at her comment. 

 

------------------

 

“Tell me why am I here again with you?” you growl in annoyance as you glance at the massive cheering crowd that was surrounding you and to you it seemed like a giant black hole that was ready to you in anytime.

 

“Because you love me!” she scream in glee and gave you a bone-crushing hug which you staggered backwards a little at the sudden impact. Rolling your eyes, you push her off you but had a small smile on your face.

 

“Of course, I would be a bad friend wouldn’t I.” you ruffle her hair with a softened expression which only she had the chance to see and no one else.

 

“But next time, remind me not to come.” you scrunch up your face as you noticed that the noise level rose and look towards the stage where you came into eye-contact with one of the member. His lips curl upwards into a charming smile but all you did was to stare blankly back at him.

 

“Yah you’re so lucky! Jin just smiled at you! I wished he smile at me instead.” she sigh dreamily and different types of scenario started forming in her head. You let out an irritated sigh and pluck in your earphones in hopes of drowning out the loud cheers made by all the ARMY that had gathered around the stadium to see their idols. *This is gonna be a long concert* you turn up the volume and close your eyes momentarily but what you didn’t notice was that someone in particular was starring at you with interest. 

 

-------------------

 

Isn’t she a fan like the others? 

 

  V frown as he stare at you while dancing, his eyes never leaving you though. He observe how you would flinch whenever Suji slap you on the back and scream. He raise his eyebrow in amusement at your actions and smirked which earned loud screaming from his fans. He saw you rolling your eyes and his smirk grew wider. 

 

------------------

 

“Now we’ll be choosing eleven fans to come stand on stage with us.” when the leader of BTS finished his sentence, the fans scream louder than before which was getting on your nerve by the minute. *I knew that I shouldn’t have come, I’m going home. NOW* you were gritting your teeth to prevent yourself from saying anything that would lend you in trouble. So instead, you balled your hand into a tight fist and used the other hand to tap on Suji’s shoulder. 

 

“Wae?” she turn to look at you with a happy grin on her face. “I’m going home.” you told her straight as you can’t stand staying at a screaming stadium any longer.

 

“Do you not really want to stay here? Even if it’s for me?” “No.” you gave her a reply immedi

Please log in to read the full chapter