Just Give Me A Reason

Just Give Me A Reason

Give Me A Reason

“I-I just can’t anymore Seunghyun. I can’t do this anymore; I can’t deal with the crazy fans and the paparazzi following me. I can’t deal with the death threats and gangs of fangirls stalking me. They even send letters to my family! And most of all I don’t want to hate you for this, I don’t want to blame. I’m sorry.” he heard her voice on his answering machine. A single tear ran down his cheek. It really was over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 months later…

“And we welcome to Inkigayo Seungri of Big Bang for his solo comeback stage. Let’s ask him a few questions! Seungri-ssi, what inspired you to write this album?” asked Kim Woo Bin with false enthusiasm. Seungri was beginning to get rather tired of the façade the media always expected him and his colleagues to wear. His outlook on life had changed a lot lately and he didn’t exactly care what the public thought of him anymore.

“I lost someone very dear to me recently and that’s what this album is about. I wrote what I felt and I just wanted to share it.” he answered very seriously with no fake smiles thrown to the camera.

“O-oh okay, which song will you be performing today?” Woo Bin asked, somewhat startled by Seungri’s attitude.

“The title track of the album, it's called ‘Just Give Me A Reason.” Seungri answered simply.

“I see, could this perhaps be written for the person that you lost?” Woo Bin inquired in a light hearted manner, trying to lift the atmosphere of the interview.

“Yes.” was all that Seungri said. Again he didn’t smile.

“A-ahh I see. Would you perhaps like to send that person a video message, I’m sure she’ll be watching.” Woo Bin said in a last ditch attempt to save the segment from becoming totally awkward.

Seungri just walked away to prepare for his comeback stage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later…

Seungri sat on a simple wooden chair in the middle of the stage. There were no fancy stage sets with flashing lights and billowing smoke. No elaborately dressed backing dancers. Even the music was simple, a simple piano melody accompanied with the soft strumming of a guitar as a single spot light was focused on him.

He looked at the camera - at her - and began to sing earnestly.

“If coldness is the absence of heat,

If darkness is the absence of light,

then surely loneliness is the absence of love –

it’s the absence of you.

Like a snowflake I drift in the wind, without an origin or a destination. Before you were my guiding light I lived a life of despair and darkness but like the sun you shone on me. You illuminated me with your bright light and colours of gold. You warmed me yet now you are gone I am blinded. I am cold.

The world seems a much darker place and I ask why you would leave me stranded here alone?

What did I do to deserve this life when I am but the same as you? But now I live amongst the shadows.

Just give me a reason.

Tell me That I’m not broken - just bent
And that I can learn to love again.