The Golden Goose [2/3]

Fairy Tales 2.0
The Golden Goose [2/3]
 
After walking for another few more hours in the dark, it was a miracle that Luhan finally managed to find an inn out of nowhere. 
 
Now, the innkeeper was known by the name of Kim Joonmyun. Initially, Joonmyun was reluctant to let Luhan stay for the night as the inn was already full. However, when Kyungsoo peeked out from under Luhan's coat and Joonmyun caught sight of Kyungsoo's gleaming feathery head, Joonmyun immediately changed his mind, even letting his master guest suite out for Luhan to stay. 
 
Luhan happily checked in, giving Joonmyun the wolf's hide as payment. But of course, what Joonmyun was interested in wasn't the wolf hide. It was Kyungsoo. 
 
Joonmyun rushed to his eldest daughter's room and knocked on the door hastily. "Yah Yuri, open the door!" He squealed, banging his fists. The door opened creakily as a tanned girl emerged, rubbing her eyes tiredly. "What is it, Appa? I need my beauty sleep," Yuri groaned. 
 
"Who cares about beauty sleep when we're going to roll in the dough?" Joonmyun snapped impatiently, ignoring his daughter's eye-rolling. "Listen- a man just checked into our master guest suite with a golden bird. The bird's a fortune, I'm telling you! All we have to do is get hold of that bird and we'll be rich!" Joonmyun's eyes gleamed deviously. Yuri's eyes lit up as she got her father's message. "Appa, are you thinking what I am thinking?" She cackled, eyes sparkling. 
 
"I think I'm thinking what you're thinking, Yuri," Joonmyun responded, eyes equally sparkly. 
 
The next morning, Luhan went to the bathroom to wash up, leaving Kyungsoo in the bedroom. Yuri quickly snuck in the suite and started searching for the bird. 
 
"Goldie, Birdie, where are you~" Yuri sang softly, going offtune. Back in the bedroom, Kyungsoo heard Yuri and became alarmed, his beady eyes enlarging by ten million times. "Oh no," Kyungsoo thought, worried. "She doesn't sound very kind."
 
Yuri caught sight of the golden bird sitting on the pillow and cackled, making her way quickly to the panicking bird. She rubbed her hands gleefully as she smirked at Kyungsoo. 
 
"Birdie, I'll be very gentle with you... I just need a few feathers..." She acted innocent, smiling sweetly to Kyungsoo. 
 
"I don't like the sound of this..." Kyungsoo wailed deep inside. He tried to flap his golden wings to fly away but Yuri's hand caught his right wing, tickling his armpit. 
 
"Stop!" Kyungsoo wriggled, giggling due to the tickles Yuri was giving him. 
 
"Stop moving you birdie," Yuri frowned, trying to pluck out Kyungsoo's armpit feathers. "I just need a few of your feathers, not your life." Kyungsoo couldn't stop squirming due to the tickles. 
 
Yuri was about to give up when the door opened- and the second daughter of Kim Joonmyun- Yoona, walked in. Her eyes widened when she saw her elder sister grabbing a bird's wing, the both of them struggling on the bed rather violently and the bird making weird groans.
 
"What are you doing?" Yoona questioned, obviously shocked by the sight in front of her. "Stop yabbering and give me a hand here! We need this golden bird's feathers so we can strike rich!" Yuri snapped, trying to pluck out a feather. Yoona understood immediately and went over to help Yuri with the plucking. 
 
Yuri and Yoona tried their best to pluck Kyungsoo's armpit feathers, but to no avail, because Kyungsoo couldn't stop squirming and shooting the two sister angry dirty looks. The two girls decided to take a break and let go of the bird for a while, but to their horror, their hands were stuck to Kyungsoo's wing. 
 
"What the-?" Yuri gaped, trying to get her hand away from the wing. "Why are we stuck?!" Yoona shrieked, failing to remove her hand. The two girls were making so much noise it was a wonder why Luhan did not emerge from the bathroom.
 
The door opened once again and this time, in came the third daughter- Seohyun. Seohyun saw her two sisters struggling with the bird, hence out of curiosity she walked over to the shrieking pair. 
 
"Unnies, what are you doing? Maybe I can help you?" Seohyun asked innocently. 
 
"No Seohyun don't come over! Don't!" Yoona cried out, but it was too late. Seohyun placed her hand on her sister's shoulder and it was stuck. 
 
"Unnie, why are we stuck?" Seohyun questioned, feeling scared. The three sisters could only sit and wait for Luhan to return. 
 
When Luhan finally finished washing up, he was shocked to see three strange girls attached to Kyungsoo. He glanced at Kyungsoo, who gave him a careless shrug and a smirk. Yuri told Luhan that the three of them were just protecting the precious bird, and dumbly, Luhan believed them. 
 
Luhan finally decided to go on his way to town. He was planning to sell Kyungsoo so he could earn a big fortune and give it to his parents, also to prove to his two brothers that he was capable to earning money as well. Yuri, Yoona and Seohyun were still stuck to the bird, unfortunately. Luhan could care less as he sincerely believed that the girls wanted to protect Kyungsoo. 
 
Along the way to town, Luhan, the bird and his three followers passed by a back alley. There were two dancers practising their dance moves there; the tanned one named Jongin who went by Kai, and the other dimpled dancer Yixing, who went by Lay. They noticed the weird procession, with three glum-looking girls trying to call for something, along the streets and Kai paused the music, nudging to Lay. 
 
"Hyung! Look! What are they doing?" Kai eyed the line of four people curiously. Lay scratched his head and replied, "Maybe they're doing sort of a... line dance?" Kai's eyes lit up as he heard the word "dance". "Hyung, shall we join them? They seem to having lots of fun! Look! Even the goose is happy!" 
 
The two dancers ended their dance practice to join in the fun. Lay decided to tap Seohyun's shoulder to ask them if they could join the line dance, but no sooner did his hand land on her shoulder, did he realise that it was stuck. Lay was shocked as he tried to turn to face Kai. 
 
However, at that very moment Kai wanted to tap his Hyung's shoulder, Lay turned his head. As a result, his hand landed right on Lay's sensitive spot- his neck. 
 
"Oh my gosh get your hand off my neck! Asdfghjkl;_;" Lay freaked out as he began to double up in laughter. "Stop asdfhjkl-" Lay tried to start again, but it was to no avail. The two dancers inevitably joined the goose procession. There was nothing the three girls could do; even if they pitied the two guys. As the new additions joined in the procession, the line was beginning to garner the attention of a young foodaholic named Minseok. 
 
Kim Minseok was about to leave his front door to get steamed buns from the Chinese pastry shop downtown, when he noticed a very weird sight: a young man seemingly happy and humming to himself; a goose which seemed to be... Smirking? Minseok unconsciously his lips. Boy, when was the last time he had roast goose for supper? His eyes travelled down the line as he saw another three more girls, and two guys, the four of whom were shouting for something, with the exception of the second last guy, who seemed to be high and laughing til his face was a deep shade of red. 
 
Minseok wondered what was the procession all about, when the laughing guy waved in front of Minseok's face. "The smirking goose asdfhjkl get us free asdfghjkl we were all fooled-" Lay tried to warn Minseok, but the sound of goose, free and food, caught his attention the most. "Free food? Are all of you queuing for the goose? Boy, I wanna join in too!" He cried out gleefully, placing his arm on Kai's shoulder. Kai groaned as he shook his head. 
 
Park Chanyeol, a successful troller was in dreamland when he awakened to the loud sounds of the strange procession. He looked out of his window and chuckled at the line of people busy screaming. Not wasting any time, he quickly got out his camera, took a video, and whispered joyfully to himself, "Now this is good 9GAG material." Saying that, he went back to sleep...
 
Luhan wondered why the three girls sounded so manly and louder than usual, hence he stopped and turned back. Behind him, was the innkeeper's oldest daughter, second daughter, youngest daughter, and three guys he had no idea who they were. All of whom were screaming loudly except a guy who seemed like he was going to die from the number of squeaks he was producing per millisecond. Kyungsoo looked back at the six people behind him and gave a goose smirk at all of them. Yuri freaked out. "Yah! That bird just smirked at me!" She screamed. 
 
Luhan remembered there was a city nearby, where he had heard his family speak of. The ruler of the city, the King, had a daughter who had such a serious disease that both parents were desperate. The disease was called, "Ohsehunneversmiles", or poker face in short. So King Krisus decreed that whoever could make his daughter Sehun at least smile, will be able to marry the princess. There was something about this girl, Sehun, that attracted Luhan even though he had never seen her before. 
 
Luhan passed the castle. At that very moment, who was at the window? None other than our darling Princess Sehun. Princess Sehun was seated glumly at the window, with her head resting on her two hands which were propped up against the window ledge. She sighed a poker-face sigh, and stared up at the sky. Many the times, she dreamt of a mysterious guy who was able to make her laugh. Princess Sehun wondered when would the guy ever appear in her life...
 
She was spacing out when she heard a loud commotion coming from... Below? Snapping out of her gaze, Princess Sehun looked down... And lo and behold! The very sight of weird people caused Princess Sehun to start giggling. A bunch of weird people stuck to one another, a goose who was joining in the commotion... The giggles escalated into loud chuckles, which became peals of laughter. She laughed so much, that tears sprang to her eyes! Hearing the sound, the servant peeped into the window and saw the Princess laughing til she cried! The servant frantically went to get the King and Queen. 
 
"Your Majesty, Your Majesty! Princess Sehun is laughing!" The servant rushed to kneel in frot of King Krisus and Queen Tao. "Really? Why, that is good news!" Queen Tao began to cry tears of joy. The King smiled and put his arm around his Queen. "Who is the person who made her laugh? Summon him in right now!" He bellowed.