Roommates?

The Beasts of SM Academy
3. Roommates?
 
 
 

"About earlier..." Kyungsoo started, his fingers fidgeted nervously with the hems of his blazer. "Sorry for snapping at you, hyungnim. It's just.. I have a bit of a complex-"

 

"It's okay, D.O! You already apologised, like, 4 times!" Ryeowook sighed affectionately at Kyungsoo who he started calling D.O after Taemin. Seriously. He was too precious for the world. They stopped in front of the front door which was painted black with silver engravings of a hexagon that split the hexagon into a very angular 'EXO'. Kyungsoo being the precious human owl-bunny, invited the idol into the dorm.

 

It was smoking. The dorm was smouldered in dark smoke. Kyungsoo and Ryeowook immediately coughed and covered their nose and mouth with their sleeves. There were loud bangs and several panicked and angry shoutings coming from the kitchen.

 

The kitchen! Kyungsoo immediately shot off towards the direction of the kitchen. "Yah! Do Kyungsoo! Odiga?!" Ryeowook yelled worriedly, running after Kyungsoo.

 

Sure enough Ryeowook and Kyungsoo reached the kitchen where a crowd of people rushing around. Several were trying to put out the blazing fire that was going on a pan with sink water while a couple flapped tea towels at the fire, which only succeeded in making the fire larger. "Move! Out of the way!" Kyungsoo yelled, grabbing the untouched and probably unnoticed fire extinguisher standing innocently in the corner.

 

There was a loud spraying sound and white foam rained down on the frying pan and the fire died instantly. Moving quickly, Kyungsoo threw open the windows in the kitchen and all the exhaust fans which quickly aired out the kitchen. "Is everyone alright?" Kyungsoo coughed out, adrenaline still pumping through his veins.

 

There was a collection of muttered agreement. Kyungsoo sighed in relief before his face took on a stern expression. "Now, who set my kitchen on fire?" All and any previous fears he had about the 'beasts' of SM went out with the fire since his kitchen got involved. Though yes, the kitchen wasn't necessarily his alone, Kyungsoo always regarded kitchens as his own personal sanctuary wherever he went and he wasn't going to care if it were terrifying delinquents from his dorm or werewolves messing with it. Nobody, I repeat, NOBODY messed with kitchens when Kyungsoo was around.

 

"Your kitchen?" A giant with mismatching boyish features and deep voice, Chanyeol Kyungsoo remembered from Sherry’s scrapbook, said, only to be elbowed by Baekhyun; the one with eyes that were lined heavily with dark eyeliner.

 

The dorm members of Exo could only look at their slippered feet ashamedly in front of the tiny -compared to most of them- male. While his glare was not much of a threat (since they were proud owners of fierce glares, especially Kris), the stance and stern look took all of them back when their mothers would scold them for doing something wrong.

 

Luhan peeked up from his feet to see Kyungsoo's rage-of-a-mother look and gulped audibly, catching the doe eyed boy's attention. Crap. It was his fault. He set the kitchen on fire. But no way was he going to admit it to the petit boy who at the moment resembled Luhan's mother perfectly when he broke her favourite vase while playing football indoors once. "It was Kris!" Luhan blurted out.

 

Heads turned up and faced Kris whose eyes widened and jaw slackened. Kris could only shake his head furiously at Kyungsoo's accusing glare. Ryeowook who watched all this from the hallway and snorted in amusement. Kyungsoo sighed, his glare turning into an exasperated look as he looked at the results of the chaos. "I'll clean up here. You guys get some fresh air." Kyungsoo said tiredly.

 

Like scolded children, they quickly scurried out of the kitchen, muttering to themselves. "I swear, I saw my mom for a second."

"No way. Me too."

"Who knew someone so small could channel such terrifying energy." Chanyeol shuddered. He then noticed the older man leaning against the wall. "Wookie hyung, what are you doing here?"

 

Ryeowook grinned at them. "I suppose I was walking our adorable little owl-bunny home to the big bad wolves." Ryeowook said, whispering the word 'little' theatrically.

 

"Walking home?" Baekhyun cocked his head questioningly. "You two were together? Wait hyung, you know him?"

 

Ryeowook wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. "We were having so much fun on our date~" He smirked at the scandalised look on Joonmyeon's face. "Well I should go now. My manager is probably looking for me. Tell my owl-bunny I said bye." Ryeowook sing-song before leaving. Just to spite the Exo papa, he added a skip to his steps.

 

"Owl-bunny?"

"Date?"

"Ahhh! I'm hungry! Hyung! How did you even set eggs on fire?!"

"Huh? It wasn't me-"

"Kris! Don't deny it!"

"What the hel-"

 

Suho shook his head at the members as they continued yelling at each other before walking over to the kitchen slowly. "Hey." Suho knocked the wall, making the younger teen look up from his scrubbing. "Do you need help?"

 

Kyungsoo blinked his wide eyes before he nodded, lips forming a heart shaped smile that Suho felt himself returning. He grabbed a spare apron and a pair of rubber gloves before letting himself be instructed by the younger male. Honestly, most of his work was cut out for him because in the span of 5 minutes, Kyungsoo had somehow managed to clean the majority of the wreckage. He could probably rival Xiumin's OCD-like cleanliness habits. Suho chuckled to himself at the thought of the two petit males standing back-to-back wielding a broom and spray bottle each.

 

He glanced over at Kyungsoo who was frowning in concentration as he tried to scrub the charcoal like eggs off the frying pan. Suho cleared his throat. "So.. You and Ryeowook hyung-nim huh?"

 

"Hm?" Kyungsoo's frown deepened and he started to bite down on his lower lip. Suho looked away with a gulp. The beastly side of his mind teased Suho with replays of Kyungsoo biting down on his lips and whispered things that should stay in the gutter far in the back of his mind.

 

"I..er.. Am very broad minded but.. Just be careful okay." Suho said awkwardly, wiping away the water stains around the sink. When exactly was the last time anyone cleaned the kitchen anyways?

 

"Be careful of what?" Kyungsoo asked still not looking up from the frying pan. His frown disappeared and a smile broke out in victory when he finally got out all the egg bits from the pan. He quickly moved over to the sink, next to Suho and started washing the pan.

 

"You know... Ryeowook hyung is quite famous. And well, if the press or the fans, especially if the saesangs find out...It will become very difficult for you." Suho said. Kyungsoo placed the pan on the drying rack and turned to Suho with a questioning look, as he wiped his hands on a sheet of paper towel. "Your.. Err... homoual relationship with hyung, I mean."

 

Then 3 things happened simultaneously. Kyungsoo's jaw and damp paper towel dropped, his entire face turned red and he spluttered incoherently. "Hyung! N-no! Where did you even get such an idea?!" Kyungsoo managed to squeak out.

 

"So you and Wookie hyung are not-" Kyungsoo shook his head furiously. Suho sighed in relief. He reminded the sly side of his brain that his relief stemmed strictly from worry for his dongsaeng. Suho nodded to himself. Nothing y or anything like that.

 

"This ahjussi is doing that creepy thing again." A voice said. Kyungsoo and Suho turned to see Baekhyun 'tsk'ing at Suho as he flopped onto one of the dining table chairs. "Ahjussi! We're hungry. Can we order chicken? Oh and the security called. Seems like the guys got caught fighting."

 

Suho sighed and took out his phone. The number of the dorm security office, which was like a mini police station within the campus, was on his number one speed-dial. He tapped at the screen, walking out to the living room where the leaflets from take-away food places in SM town were probably scattered around. Good heavens. He'll stay single for the rest of his life like this.

 

"Suho hyung! Forget the chicken!" Kyungsoo called after him. At the Baekhyun's stare, he said. "It's more cost-efficient if you cook." Baekhyun blinked at Kyungsoo before shrugging nonchalantly and watched as the petit boy move around the kitchen.

 

"Byun Baekhyun! Why'd you cancel on the chicken?" The baby faced giant whined, walking into the kitchen.

 

"Not me. Ask umma." Baekhyun said, pointing at the small teen who was taking out things from the fridge.

 

"Umma?" Chanyeol blinked at the boy who'd yelled at them just minutes ago about the messed up kitc- wait a minute. It's all clean and sparkly. How did he do it? Chanyeol looked at his best friend with wide eyes who shrugged, continuing to watch the boy he'd dubbed 'umma' wash his vegetables.

 

"He can cook?" A voice piped softly. The Baekyeol pair turned to see Lay also looking at Kyungsoo curiously. "Thank god. Now I can catch a break." Lay sighed, slumping down onto the chair next to Baekhyun. Chanyeol took Baekhyun's other side and the three watched Kyungsoo move around the kitchen silently. Chanyeol giggled to himself whenever Kyungsoo would unconsciously speak out loud to himself, ignoring Baekhyun's elbow jabs to shut up. Aigoo. How cute.

 

At some point, the XiuHan pair came in at the smell of something cooking and settled down at the table. Kris and Suho appeared chatting loudly on the phone (At least Suho was) and got shushed by the people already sitting at the table. Suho finally finished his conversation with the head of campus security just as Kyungsoo finished shredding parmesan cheese onto the plates of incredible smelling spaghetti.

 

"I'll help Umma!" Chanyeol jumped up, taking the plates to the tables. Kyungsoo looked startled at the table full of members and stared unblinkingly at Chanyeol who gently took the plates in his hands away to serve them with a large smile. Umma?

 

Once all the plates were on the table, 7 pair of eyes turned to Kyungsoo who was dragged over to the table by the giant who reminded Kyungsoo of a golden retriever his neighbour once owned. They seemed to be waiting for something. "Err.. Dig in?"

 

At once, forks were twirling the spaghetti away and with a hesitant pause, they ate. Then they moaned at the perfection that was the kimchi spaghetti. Kyungsoo frowned, taking the reaction in the wrong way and tried a forkful. Hm... Maybe he should have gone less cheesy with it?

 

"Oh my god. I'm in heaven!"

"Lay, sorry but.. so much better than your cooking."

"No. I agree."

"This is good."

"Park Chanyeol, today I give you full immunity for eating like a pig."

"Hmpf phff nmom hmm!"

"Chanyeol, mouth close please."

 

Kyungsoo blinked at the rowdy scene before him and smiled to himself as the boys shoved forkful of spaghetti down their throats. Even the guy who'd set his kitchen on fire, the one who leaded the fight on his dorm mates' side in the tunnel, Kris... His cool and intimidating aura vanished at once. Kyungsoo suppose that even the most intimidating people would look a little less scary with spaghetti sauce specks around his mouth.

 

"Umma! Seconds!" A sauce smeared Chanyeol said. Kyungsoo hurriedly took the plate and piled on more spaghetti onto it which Chanyeol happily took away with him and wolfed it down. Kyungsoo's smile widened. They weren't so bad.. Perhaps he could even get used to this.

 

Suho torn his eyes away from the smiling male, feeling himself smile. The doe eyed boy seemed to have a contagious smile. It was hard not to smile at the sight of the cherry red full lips pulling up into a beautifu- Suho shook off his beastly side, chanting 'dongsaeng' over and over in his mind.

 

The exo members volunteered to do the dishes willingly; a feat that has never happened before. Ultimately, by Kaibaibo, Xiumin got to do the dishes while Kyungsoo was dragged out into the lounge by the rest of the member who were won over by Kyungsoo's food.

 

Kyungsoo found how wrong he was believing Eunwoo's rumors about the exo members being ‘beasts’ and found a lot more information for fangirl journalist Sherry's scrapbook. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were the comedy duo of the dorm. To be honest, the self proclaimed Happy Virus was good at being part of anyone's comedy duo or comedy trio. But the roommates worked best together because Baekhyun just had that unique comic feel. Even the lousiest joke that came out from Baekhyun's mouth had Kyungsoo squealing with laughter.

 

Lay was definitely the best dancer out of the lot. His powerful dance moves had Kyungsoo mesmerised. But dancing was not the only things that made him. Underneath Lay's gentle and calm facade was a hyperactive soul who did hilarious impersonations. Not to mention, Lay was also a bit of a gossip king; giving away the member's embarrassing secrets to Kyungsoo's amusement and the members' chargin.

 

Another unexpected goofball was Kris. Despite his mysterious and intimidating looks, he was a total and complete goofball. He was very naive too. Kyungsoo found it funny how the cool giant seemed slightly afraid of Kyungsoo, subtly flinching whenever Kyungsoo snuck up on him or got within his personal bubble. But his reactions were always accompanied by a shy grin that Kyungsoo thought was cute.

 

The XiuHan pair were the group’s pranksters despite looking the most innocent but then again, Kyungsoo suppose that they would be cunning since they were the oldest after all. Even though Luhan also just transfer to SM yesterday, he had hit it right off with Xiumin and they were already planning on who their victim would be for some prank they were going to pull. According to the others, Xiumin was the one who suggested the idea to Baekhyun who once upon a time, shaved off one of Chanyeol's eyebrows. Chanyeol who didn't know this, started yelling at the chubby faced hyung who ignored him in favor of cuddling with Kyungsoo. Apparently, Xiumin hyung had a thing for hugs.

 

Xiumin and Suho to their (read Suho) embarrassment got the beans spilled on them about their talents in dancing girl group dances (courtesy of Chanyeol). After Kyungsoo expressed a curious interest in it, they danced to SNSD's 'Gee' with Suho almost dying of embarrassment as opposed to Xiumin who danced with a lot of aegyo directed at the members; particularly at Kyungsoo. Xiumin was apparently also good at Martial Arts and he and Tao spared when they could.

 

At 9, Suho ordered everyone to go to bed. It seemed to not surprise him that most of them ignored him completely. However after a bit of scolding from Suho, everyone grudging retired to their rooms only to gather at the bathroom to brush and do their nightly routines. Lay stage-whispered to Kyungsoo about how Kris took a whole hour with his moisturising routine. Kris in return spattered water onto the unicorn lover. Needless to say, a water fight broke out.

 

"Okay, okay! That's enough. We should get to bed." Kyungsoo said, clapping his hands together. Out of everyone, he was the one who was the driest. Chanyeol, unsurprisingly, was the wettest. The 'kids' groaned but complied, to Suho's great surprise, and piled out of the bathroom. "I'll turn in as well. Goodnight hyung." Kyungsoo smiled, waving as he left the bathroom.

 

Suho slapped himself once Kyungsoo was gone. "Yah. Kim Joonmyeon. Focus! He's your dongsaeng!!" Suho hissed to himself. Baekhyun who'd forgotten his toothbrush at the sink and returned for it, shook his head at the dorm leader.

 

"This ahjussi is really losing it." Baekhyun sighed, snatching his toothbrush and walking back to his room that he shared with Chanyeol. At the sound of footsteps, Baekhyun looked up. "Oh you guys are back?"

 

The missing members of Exo had piled into the hallway that separated the dorm into the K-wing and the M-wing. "Ahhh! I'm starving! Beating in the faces of those losers really worked up an appetite." Chen grinned.

 

"Did hyung order Chicken for dinner?" Sehun asked excitedly at the prospect of having delicious fried chicken.

 

"No." Baekhyun said before he suddenly grinned cockily. "Umma made the most delicious spaghetti. Sorry but there's no leftovers." Baekhyun did not sound or look very apologetic. In fact, it was almost as if he was gloating.

 

"Umma?" The four teen blinked.

 

"Kim Jongin. Oh Sehun. Kim Jongdae. Huang Zitao." Suho called out sternly. Sehun, Chen and Tao grimaced and turned towards the K-wing leader. "Care to explain why you four went out on your own and decided to put 9 of Kanga High's students in the hospital?"

 

"I'm going to bed." Kai announced grinning cheekily, shoulders brushing past the dorm leader.

 

"Yah! Kim Jongin!" Suho yelled after the tanned male who ignored him. Suho frowned and turned to the remaining three. Baekhyun muttered something along the lines of 'can't be bothered for all this drama' and went into his room. "You guys were suppose to keep an eye on him and follow him around, not beat up other high school students."

 

"We couldn't help it, hyung. We took our eyes off Kai for one minute and the next minute, he was kicking down some guys from Kanga High. We had to back him up." Sehun shrugged. Suho pinched his nose bridge. That Kai. Seriously. What's with him nowadays? Suho even found a pack of cigarettes in his room.

 

"Hyung. C-can we have chicken for dinner?" Tao asked, the stutter that came from his still developing Korean prominent. Suho sighed but gave into the Chinese male's aegyo and got out his phone. Yup. He's really going to end up being single for the rest of his life.

 

~ * ~

 

"Um... Can I help you?" Kyungsoo asked hesitantly. The tanned male with the washboard abs from earlier, Kai, was standing there looking at him with confusion before it was gone and replaced with something akin to rage.

 

"Who the hell are you and what are you doing here?" He demanded.

 

"I'm Do Kyungsoo. This is my room." Kyungsoo deadpanned. Well, if he was going to be rude then fine. Two can play that game. He was younger than Kyungsoo, though taller, Kyungsoo noted enviously. How old was this brat exactly?

 

He scoffed. "Your room? Are you sure? This is my room. See the name plate?" He pointed to the silver name plate on the door that Kyungsoo never really noticed. "See? Kim Jongin. And Do-" He stopped dead in his speech and looked back at the names. Right under his name was 'Do Kyungsoo' engraved in black.

 

Kai gapped and turned back to this 'Do Kyungsoo'. If their names were together then... "Roommates?"

 

"Roommates? But there's only one bed?" Kyungsoo frowned. He scanned around the room. No, he's right. There's no other beds in the room. Kai ran a hand through his hair, sighing heavily before thinking 'screw it'. Kyungsoo's eyes bulged as the tanned male began to strip in front of him. "What are you doing?" His pitch nearly reaching a high F.

 

"What, did you think I was going to sleep with my uniform on?" Kai asked snidely. "Move over princess."

 

"Why?" Kyungsoo asked with a small voice. Kai was standing there only in his boxer.

 

"Where am I supposed to sleep, huh? I was here first so if you want you can have the couch or else move over. It's a queen sized bed anyways." He said, walking over to the bed and went under the blankets. Kyungsoo's eyes just continued to stare at him unblinkingly, still in shock over the whole ordeal. Kai made himself comfortable and closed his eyes. "And don't even think about molesting me in my sleep, you peeking ert."

 

Kyungsoo's jaw dropped. Why, this insufferable little brat! Kyungsoo huffed and his side, his back facing the half (for the second time that day) teen.

 

~ * ~

 

"Good morning."

 

"Gah! Kyungsoo, what's with the dark circles?" Eunwoo gapped at his soulless looking classmate. "Dude, you look like a small copy of Tao."

 

Kyungsoo's glare for once, served its purpose immediately. Perhaps it was the dark rings under his eyes that did the trick but Eunwoo immediately shut up. "Don't call me smal- forget it. I'm too sleepy."

 

Kyungsoo didn't get any sleep at all. As if he wasn't already uncomfortable at the thought of sleeping next to a complete stranger, that complete stranger was half and liked to sprawl out on the bed. Despite Kyungsoo's many timid pokes and prods, the tanned didn't so much as twitch and his limbs continued to invaded Kyungsoo's sleeping space.

 

"Um... Okay but we have music so.." Eunwoo cocked his head towards the door. Kyungsoo grunted and followed his friend out.

 

"Omo! Kyungsoo! What happened to-" Sherry was silenced by Eunwoo who quickly covered and whispered something into her ear. She 'oh'ed in understand, slapping Eunwoo's hand away from with a disgusted expression. She flashed Kyungsoo a sympathetic smile and entered the music room, ignoring Eunwoo who very offended by her disgust followed after her.

 

Taemin was already there and waved the petit boy over excitedly. Taemin pushed back a strand of his long hair with wide eyes at the sight of a zombie like Kyungsoo. "Wow, you didn't get enough beauty sleep last night D.O?"

 

"I slept with my roommate, Kai." Kyungsoo muttered, rubbing his tired eyes. He missed the sight of Taemin choking on his own spit. Tao who was sat 2 rows behind them froze in the middle of tuning a guitar and stared at the back of Kyungsoo's head with a bewildered expression. If Kyungsoo wasn't feeling so tired, he would have felt the self-proclaimed Kungfu panda's stare or noticed Taemin incredibly shocked expression. "Either that or he was going to kick me out of the room..That jerk kept me up all night." Kyungsoo huffed, shaking the tambourine he'd picked up listlessly.

 

Taemin flushed and cleared his throat awkwardly. "Was he that bad?" He asked slowly.

 

"Horrid. Didn't move at all even when I scratched him." Kyungsoo frowned. That's right. The brat just slept it off. Really, he sleeps like a log. "And I'm all sore because of his stupid positions." Ah right. Because of Kai's limbs flying everywhere which shifted every 10 minutes or so, Kyungsoo had to sleep in very odd positions to hang onto the bed or he'd definitely be kicked off it.

 

Taemin gapped at Kyungsoo. "I didn't know Kai had a side." He said almost to himself.

 

? Kyungsoo's frown lifted and he blinked confusedly at the long haired boy. He heard soft snickers coming from behind him. Tao was flushed red from trying to keep his laughter in, though some escaped in fits of snickers. Tao caught Kyungsoo's eyes, when he turned around to look, and burst out laughing loudly. Kyungsoo looked away from the panda eyed male who was now laughing hysterically and drawing stares.

 

"What's wrong?" Kyungsoo asked, tilting his head sideways out of habit. Taemin fidgeted uncomfortably with the heavy blush still on his cheeks. Kyungsoo who was now slightly more awake because of Tao's loud laughter, thought back on what he'd said. His eyes went huge as dinner plates. "No! That's not what I meant!" Kyungsoo cried.

 

Damn that Kim Jongin.

 

Fiend's Thoughts

I wasn't exactly planning on updating...BUT! Since it's my birthday today, I figured I'll share my happiness with my wonderfulyfoxyhotsweetbeautifulawesome readers! >:D Anyways, the mothership Kaisoo finally officially met! Ahh~ Tension, tension. Am I the only one who thinks high school Jongin would be badass? And that Kaisoo would actually clash at first meet? Please send me hugs and kisses! (See what I did there? Hugs and Kisses? *laughs maniacally*)

SNEEK PEEK~

Call him a hopeless romantic but when Kyungsoo mentioned something about grocery shopping, Kris jumped at the chance to spend some more time with his 'the one'.

"Let go of my wife, Chanyeol."
 
"Thank god for small miracles. That Jongin isn't interested in Kyungsoo."