The Beasts In The Tunnels

The Beasts of SM Academy

1. The Beasts in the tunnels

 

“My Soo, why did you have to transfer to SM?” A deep voice whined into his ear from the other end of the line. “Why not Cube? Why did it have to be SM?”

 

“Hyunsik-ah,” Kyungsoo sighed, using his shoulder to hold his phone against his ear as he paid and thanked the cashier with his signature heart smile, taking the plastic bag that contained his groceries from her.

 

The academy didn’t provide meals other than lunch in the cafeteria because they wanted their students to be learnt in the art of cooking in case of being invited to a cooking show or something similar. And since Kyungsoo didn’t know whether the kitchen in the dorm had ingredients, he thought it’d be safer to get some before he went to the dorms.

 

The cashier smiled back, twin spots of pink appearing on her cheeks at the sweet smile directed at her. Kyungsoo gave a small bow, taking his phone in his free hand again as he left the mini-mart. “We talked about this.”

 

Kyungsoo could literally hear the pout in Hyunsik’s sigh. That’s how well he knew the other male. Lim Hyunsik and Kyungsoo used to be bandmates back in middle school before Kyungsoo skipped town and transferred to SM Academy for Entertainment Arts instead of following his long time friend to Cube Academy when his father got a job promotion.

 

“Fine. How’s the school?” Hyunsik asked, smiling to himself as he listened to Kyungsoo’s enthusiastic response and how SM had a mini town, A FREAKIN’ TOWN, within its campus that was also open to the public.

 

“But one thing is really weird.” Kyungsoo said as he passed the gates of SM Town to the pathway towards the dormitory areas. “One of my classmates seem to pity me when I said that I would be in dorm Exo.”

 

“Hm? Wae? Is the dorm haunted or something?”

 

“I don’t think so but they all keep mentioning something about the beasts.” Kyungsoo said. The clacks of his shoes and crinkling of the plastic bag echoed off the subway tunnel loudly, so loud that he slowed down his pace to reduce the volume of the sounds.

 

“Andwei!” Hyunsik cried dramatically. “Our little D.O sheep in the midst of some big bad wolves!”

 

“Lim Hyunsik.” Kyungsoo frowned at his phone. Hyunsik giggled, apologizing for his ‘little’ comment. Those who knew the doe eyed boy knew of the complex about his petite stature. Kyungsoo opened his mouth to speak when he heard footsteps. A lot of footsteps. His head whirred around slowly and gasped when he saw a group (more like an army) of people in the classic delinquent get ups walking into the subway tunnel, all looking menacing with frowns and scars. A couple even had baseball bats and pipes!

 

“My Soo?”

 

Alarms blared around Kyungsoo’s head. Danger. Danger! Kyungsoo quickly turned back towards the direction he was walking in and power walked, almost running, towards the set of stairs that would grant him exit from this scary tunnel but all of a sudden, a dozen feet slowly made their way down the steps. Kyungsoo stopped dead in his tracks and backtracked as 6 males walked down casually in one single horizontal line.

 

“D.O? What’s wrong?” Hyunsik’s voice called out. Kyungsoo turned and made it a couple steps before remembering the group of menacing people and pressed himself against the graffitied walls of the tunnel. “Kyungsoo?!”

 

Kyungsoo was only aware of his own fearful breathing as the two groups walked towards him. The atmosphere was oppressive and did nothing to help his nerves. He clutched his phone against his chest and prayed to be invisible.

 

It seemed to work because both groups didn’t acknowledge or even glance at him as they stopped a couple feet away and shot one another intense murderous looks. Well... at least the menacing folks were shooting murderous looks. The group of gorgeous hunks guys, from whose uniforms Kyungsoo recognized were from his school, were either looking bored or smiling amusedly.

 

“So you punks are the ‘beasts’ of SM huh?” The incredibly tough looking guy at the front of the menacing folks snarled, eying the line of his schoolmates up and down before scoffing. “I heard you fairies took real good care of my dongsaengs.”

 

“Well, to be fair, they were on SM tuff and disturbing the peace of our students.” One of the adonises guys said, charcoaled eyes curving up as he smiled boyishly at them. “So we had to take out the trash, of course.”

 

The leader of the ‘trashs’ were not amused at all and that seemed to also be the case for his subordinates who at his signal, a nod, launched towards the 6 males. Despite being outnumbered 3 to 1, the eyelined one didn't look at all worried. He turned to the tall blonde who cocked his head back slightly and nod, signalling his own line to go wild.

 

Kyungsoo yelped and slided down the wall as fists and legs flew everywhere, knocking teeth out and spraying blood. Kyungsoo begin to crawl away, trying to make his escape when someone pulled him up off the floor. He was face to face with a bruised and severely pissed off looking male from the other school. The male swung the bat in his hands high and Kyungsoo instinctively tried to shield himself, eyes shutting close tightly.

 

There was a groan and the loud tinkering of the aluminium bat falling to the floor. Kyungsoo slowly peeked open his eyes to see another male standing in front of him dusting his shoulder off. Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide as his survivor turned.

 

Thick straight eyebrows furrowed in confusion at the sight of Kyungsoo cowering from him but the dark eyes seem to glint in amusement. The curved corner of the boy’s impish lips twitched into a grin as he took in Kyungsoo’s wide deer-in-headlights look. He winked and was gone, delivering a fly kick to some other poor unfortunate guy.

 

Kyungsoo snapped out of it as Hyunsik’s voice screamed out, “YAH! DO KYUNGSOO! ANSWER ME! WHAT’S HAPPENING?!” from his phone and Kyungsoo remembered his hyung was actually on the line. Gathering his wits, he ran for the stairs, nearly losing one of his shoes in the process as he dodged a couple of limbs swinging out random.

 

It took less than 10 minutes for Kyungsoo to run to and let himself into the dorm. He panted harshly, trying to catch his breath as he slumped onto the floor when his legs gave out. “H-Hyunsik…” Kyungsoo said shakily to his phone. Somehow in the midst of him escaping, he’d end the phone call. Hyunsik’s texts littered his screen. “W-why didn’t I transfer to y-your school?” He choked out wistfully.

 

“Oh you’re back al-” Kyungsoo’s head snapped up so fast, his neck popped in protest. Kyungsoo moaned, rubbing the back of his neck before peeking up. The boy standing in the foyer blinked at Kyungsoo, tilting his head slightly. “Excuse me but...” He looked at Kyungsoo up and down, taking in the wrinkled school uniform, uneven harsh breathing and overall ruffled appearance. “Who are you?”

 

“S-sorry.” Kyungsoo stuttered, standing up quickly. “I’m Do Kyungsoo. I was told to that I’d be-”

 

“Oh! The new transfer!” The boy exclaimed. Kyungsoo found himself smiling back at the bright beam shot his way. “I’m the dorm leader, Kim Joonmyeon but everyone just calls me Suho. Come on, you’re in my wing.” Suho said brightly, waving a hand at Kyungsoo who quickly followed.

 

Suho showed Kyungsoo around cheerfully to the K and M wings. The two wings of the dorm were apparently designed differently and were supervised by two different dorm leaders, one of them being Suho. The K-wing was designed with traditional and contemporary Korean features and the M-wing with Chinese features. “It’s kind of unusual for someone to be placed into our dorm without the rest of the members consenting but I guess the rest of the dorms were really full up.” Suho mused, a thoughtful look appearing on his gentle face before he waved it off and led Kyungsoo to the kitchen.

 

"And finally we have the kitchen. Other than Lay, you’ll meet him later along with the rest, nobody really cooks. I, myself, can only make ramyun.” Suho laughed embarrassedly, scratching the back of his head. “So the kitchen’s more of decoration really. Can you cook, Kyungsoo?”

 

“If there’s one thing I’m confident about, it’s my cooking.” Kyungsoo flashed Suho his signature grin, stunning Suho briefly for a moment, and held up the plastic bag, shaking it lightly. “I even bought some ingredients.”

 

“Ah! So that’s what it is. I was wondering what was in the bag.” Suho nodded, crossing his arms in front of his chest and grinned. “I guess the cooking will be up to you then, Kyungsoo.” There was a bang of door opening as the two snapped their heads towards the source. “Looks like they’re back.”

 

“WE’RE BACKKK~” A voice shouted making Suho chuckle. Suho turned to Kyungsoo with his angelic smile plastered on his face.

 

“Shall we go meet them?” Suho said, cocking his head as a gesture for the doe eyed male to follow him. Kyungsoo placed his plastic bags on the kitchen island and jogged after the male, smiling.

 

How utterly and completely wrong his classmates were. How can people assume that Suho or his dorm mates were beasts? If anything, if they were anything like Suho then they must be the most kindest human beings in the whole SM campus. Nothing like those fighting delinquents in the subway tunnel. Nope. No siry.

 

“Hyung! I’m hungry! Can we get pizza?” An excited voice asked Suho.

 

Suho sighed amusedly and turned to Kyungsoo who was standing right behind him. “Yah you guys. We have a new member in our dorm.”

 

Kyungsoo took this as his cue and walked out from behind Suho, bowing deeply. “A-anyonghaseyo. I’m Do Kyungsoo. It’s nice to meet y-” Kyungsoo’s voice trailed off as his wide eyes widened further which was apparently possible. His smile dramatically slipped off at the sight of 6 familiar boys.

 

The same ones from the tunnels. Who fought with the malicious looking folks, and won, if the pristine state they were in was any indication.

 

“Ah it’s you.” The one who’d saved him grinned taking short fluid strides towards the boy. “Wow. I thought it was just because of the fight but your eyes naturally look like they’ll pop huh?” He laughed as he stopped in front of the slack jawed Kyungsoo. “I’m Chen by the way.”

 

No. He must be seeing things. Kyungsoo blinked a couple of times but Chen was still there. Wait... Was his vision doubling or were there two of Chen? And Kyungsoo went out like a light.

 


Fiend's Thoughts

 

Muahahaha! I'm so evil to end it so quickly but there we go! The first chapter! I hope you all liked it! Chen swooping in and saving our beloved D.O. Ahhh~ But seriously, why is ChenSoo not one of the top Kyungsoo ships? Seriously. THE TWO EVEN TROLLS THE OTHER MEMBERS TOGETHER!!!  >///<

 

Little sneak preview for chapter 2:

 

"Ah Kim Joonmyeon huh? Was he like the rumors say? A two faced manipulator?"

 

Kyungsoo stared unblinkingly, hand frozen on the door handle at the sight of a tanned male standing there, holding up his baggage half .

 

"Oh I'm Kim Ryeowook. Used to be in dorm SuJu before we ‘launched’ or debuted."