EPILOGUE

Only One
Please log in to read the full chapter

***This whole story is in third point of view***

 

 

EPILOGUE

Two years later

 

“How is the bride feeling?” Ailee asked.

“I’m nervous, will it be okay?” she asked turning towards her friends asking for assurance.

“Obviously, don’t worry nothing will go wrong” the mother of the bride said hugging her.

Just then another girl entered. The whole room got quiet.

“Sorry, did I interrupt something?” she asked nervously.

“It’s okay, they are just trying to scare you actually we were wondering when you will be reaching. You are late, you know that right?” the bride said.

“Sorry, I got lost in the way. You know it’s been so long since I’ve been here.” The late comer replied. She went near the bride and took out a small box and extended it to the bride.

“Here is the thing that I wanted you to have. I think it’s time that I gave it to you. You are going to be his wife now after all. Congratulation, I wish the both of you a long life together.” she hugged the bride.

“Thank you so much, it means a lot coming from you and I’m sorry for the past” the bride said.

“It’s okay, it’s all in the past now Sohee. I was at fault not you.” the girl said.

“Not really I was at fault too. I did appear suddenly in both of your lives. If I didn’t then I think it would have been you here now” Sohee said getting teary eyed.

“Not really, it would have happened anyway, it was inevitable. Hey you still didn’t open the box, come on open it fast” the girl said.

Sohee opened the box and she let out a loud gasped “No, no, no way can I accept that. It’s yours to keep not mine. Take it back.” She pushed the box back to the girl.

“No I have no right to keep it now. You are marrying him, I was not made for him. You should keep it now. I really don’t mind.” The girl put it back in Sohee’s hand.

“But... But isn’t it the thing that you treasure the most. You told me the day that you came to confront me because it was what his mother gave you before she passed away.” Sohee said, trying to change the girl’s mind.

“Yeah but it’s time for me to let go of him and he is yours now, starting a new life with you. The past shouldn’t hold the both of you back. Just keep it and treasure it.” The girl said, eyes tearing up.

“Kahmsamida~” Sohee went and hugged the girl trying to console the girl and herself too.

“Hey come on guys don’t cry. It’s a happy occasion, let’s have a great time and enjoy the wedding. Sohee don’t you dare let the tear flow, you’ll spoil all of unnie’s hard work.” Lim said handing out tissues to both the girls.

“Yeah, come gather around. Let’s toast!” Yenny exclaimed, trying to cheer up the group.

The mother of the bride who was present the whole time was watching them with a proud smile on her face. Wondering when did her daughter matured so fast and now it was time to let her go and let somebody else take care of her.

There was a knock and the wedding coordinator popped in her head “Ten minutes to cue. Please, be ready now.”

Please log in to read the full chapter