Love is an Open Door - Kristen Bell & Santino Fantana

Musically Inclined

Kind of a continuation of the first chapter since I'm in a Frozen-loving mood tonight, apparently.


This was it--the office's talent show. Jonghyun and Jinki would be going first, seeing as the whole office apparently knew they were the best singers. 
(It didn't have anything at all to do with the fact that Jonghyun had essentially camped out by Victoria's cubicle until the sign-up lists were out. Nope. Not one bit.)

The lights went up, and Victoria stepped onto the borrowed stage (they had rented out a nearby auditorium for the occasion), laughing and introducing the show as well as the opening act into a microphone, which she handed to Jonghyun as he walked onstage, to thunderous applause, no less.

Okay, so the applause wasn't thunderous, and most of it was coming from Jinki's boyfriend, Minho, but still. Jonghyun raised an eyebrow at Taemin--who was sitting next to Minho in the front row, smirking like the cocky bastard he tried to be. All he did in response was shrug and uncross his arms, but only to clap once. Once. Jonghyun scoffed, waving a hand as if to say "whatever. Don't need you anyway." That made Taemin laugh, at least, so Jonghyun felt he had done something right.

"Hello everybody, this is Jonghyun and Jinki and we'll be performing 'Love is an Open Door' from the movie Frozen," Jinki said, and Jonghyun smiled as he identified Taemin's laugh among the collective one coming from the audience.

Jonghyun and Jinki sat cross-legged at the front of the stage, holding their mics in front of them as the electric bass came on the loudspeakers, signaling the start of the song and Jonghyun's cue.

"Okay, can I just say something...crazy?" He asked, following the script. He was doing the girl part since he was more of a soprano, and he didn't mind a bit. He had always liked Anna better than that douche Jinki was playing anyway.

"I love crazy," came Jinki's (also scripted) response, and Jonghyun knew it was time to start singing.

All my life has been a series of doors in my face
And then suddenly I bump into you

Jinki's part next. "I was thinking the same thing! Cause like..."

I've been searching my whole life to find my own place
Maybe it's the party talkin', or the chocolate fondue,

Jonghyun forced a high-pitched giggle (that may have been halfway real) and continued with the song. They were soon sharing long notes as well as sentences, going back and forth saying the same thing, and swaying back and forth with the beat.

And then Jonghyun's favorite part was there: Jinki began, "I mean it's crazy, we finish each other's..."

And Jonghyun jumped in with, "Sandwiches!"

"That's what I was gonna say!"

And then his favorite part was over and done as the song continued, and Jonghyun was left to ponder--not for the first time--how music was eternally moving, even if it didn't always seem to be. And then he was thinking about what made music move and was reminded of the song's thumping bass line, which reminded him oh he was on stage he should probably pay attention shouldn't he-

Luckily, he hadn't seemed to mess anything up, and he held his long notes with Jinki as well as he could, smiling every time he managed to hit one spot-on (which was every time).

And then the song was ending, and they were back to acting. "Can I say something crazy?" Jinki asked, and Jonghyun waited, mentally counting. 1, 2, 3... "Will you marry me?"

"Can I say something crazier?" He replied, then counted. 1, 2, 3... "No way! You have a boyfriend already, you cheating prick!"

"What, you mean you're not my boyfriend?"

"No way! Your boyfriend's down there!" Jonghyun exclaimed, accidentally pointing to Taemin instead of Minho but not bothering to move his finger. His job was done, anyway. Now he could just sit back and watch the show.

"Ah, so he is," Jinki said, jumping down from the stage--oh thank god he didn't hurt himself, that had been Jonghyun's biggest concern--and approaching the front row. "Can I ask you something crazy?" He said to Minho, still speaking into the mic and grinning.

"I love crazy," Minho replied smoothly, looking up at him with a wide, expectant grin on his face.

"Will you marry me?"

And then Minho was on his feet with Jinki in his arms, and they were kissing and hugging and everybody was cheering, but Taemin was looking at Jonghyun as he clapped. Jonghyun jumped down from the stage and approached his boyfriend, greeting him with a peck on the lips, which Taemin returned happily. "Did you like the performance?" Jonghyun asked, grinning over at the happy couple, who were now fangirling over their rings.

"It was a little overdone," Taemin replied as they settled down into their seats, noticing Victoria on stage grinning and telling everyone they could congratulate the lovebirds later.

Jonghyun merely laughed and took Taemin's hand, which he toyed and played with throughout the rest of the performances (except Taemin's dance solo, but his focus was actually on the performer then).


The after-party was a cheerful affair, with everybody wanting to congratulate the newly-engaged couple. Jonghyun and Taemin sat at a table in the corner, watching and laughing as Kibum bragged to anyone who would listen about his new nonexistent breakdancing skills. "You gonna go up and show him what real dancing looks like?" Jonghyun asked with a grin.

"Nah, I'll wait till he's a bit more drunk. Don't wanna risk sober Ki getting pissed," Taemin replied, and Jonghyun laughed, sitting back in his seat and taking a sip of his beer.

"Jjong?" Taemin asked after a few moments of silence.

"Hmm?"

"For a second there, when you were on stage, I was afraid you'd propose to me."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"We haven't talked about marriage enough for me to suddenly spring it on you like that, Tae. That's not fair."

"Yeah, I know."

"Did you want me to propose?"

"No! I mean...maybe? I don't know," Taemin replied, running a hand through his hair. "I don't know, Jjong. I love you, and I want to stay with you, but the thought of marriage is just..."

"Too much?"

"Yeah."

Jonghyun nodded. He understood perfectly--Taemin had always had commitment issues. Just saying the L-word as often as he did (which, compared to other couples they knew, wasn't often) was a big step for him, and Jonghyun knew it. "Tae," he began, standing up and moving around the table so that he's in a chair next to Taemin instead of across from him. "I know marriage is serious. I know it's scary. So for now, I'm happy just knowing that you can say what you just did."

Taemin stayed silent, staring into his glass without looking up, but Jonghyun could see the smallest hints of a smile on his lips, and he knew he had done right. "Thanks, Jjong," the younger said, and Jonghyun raised a hand to pat him on the back.

"No problem, Taeminnie. I love you," he said, and Taemin looked up so that Jonghyun could lean in and connect their lips. Some cheers erupted from around them, and Taemin set his drink down so he could wrap an arm around Jonghyun's neck and pull him closer.

A familiar voice--Kibum's, Jonghyun suddenly realized--shouted out from the crowd around them, "get a room, lovebirds!"

And without even opening their eyes, Jonghyun and Taemin both raised one hand, their middle fingers up. Laughter and more cheers erupted from the crowd, and they broke the kiss after a few seconds to grin at each other. "Just lemme know when you're ready," Jonghyun whispered, and Taemin nodded.

"But for now, you'll just have to be satisfied with me finishing your-"

"Sandwiches!" Jonghyun cut in, earning another laugh from his boyfriend.


I don't know where I ended up going with this, lol. But hey, surprise Onho! :D

I've been listening to the Frozen soundtrack on a loop for, like, the past twelve hours. Someone save me OTL.

But anyway, lemme know what you think in the comments~ Every comment is replied to and appreciated!

Anyway, here's the movie clip of the song~ If you don't want spoilers, though (not too many in the clip I think, but you know) I'd recommend finding a lyric video instead ^-^

~AA