Feeling Bitter

A Contract To Be Luhan's Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been almost a month since my visit to Luhan's parents and everything was okay. Luhan's dad had been taking him to all business meeting, probably to teach his son since Luhan was going to be a heir of his assets. And, because of that we barely met each other outside school. His father would send a chauffeur to pick him up as soon as school's over and he would spend his day on the company.

Luhan would phone me when he had a break time and telling me about his job and how boring it was. He sometimes ranted about his job being a coffee maker, printing some documents or anything that for him was wasting his time. He's still unexperienced and the people there just haven't trust him yet, I said to him. And he would argue about his father being the owner of that company. That just made we wanted to more. So, I told him that his father wanted him to learn from the bottom.

Sometimes, he could go home earlier since he had not important works. That's when he came to visit my apartment. Just like today, the first weekend of January. Anyway, since he had been busy with his works, unfortunately, we missed the new year party and we didn't watch the firework from the rooftop like we had planned.

I was reading the recipe book Luhan had bought me the other week, wanted to prepare some decent food for our dinner tonight, when my phone rang. A smile already formed on my lips when I read his name on the screen.

"Suz!!" he greeted me cheerfully.

"Hey, Lu. Where are you?"

"Still in the company. I'll be there on 7, okay?"

"Just like you promised."

"Just like I promised."

He never late. Luhan would come at five if he said five or seven if he said so. I knew it well, because he'd been doing that for the past month. He'd never made me wait.

"So, what do you cook?"

"Uhm, spaghetti? I'm not sure yet. I just opened your cooking bible."

I heard he laughed from the other line. "Spaghetti is okay, Suz."

"Then I'll make it and chicken wings, maybe."

"Chicken wings sounds good, too."

"Okay."

"You know, at this point I really felt like we're a married couple." He laughed again and suddenly my cheeks were geeting hotter. I didn't reply him and stopped flipping the pages, quietly thinking about that.

"Suzy? Are you still there?"

"Yeah. I guess I'll see you later? I need to prepare everything." I still smiled even he couldn't see it.

"Okay. See you?"

"See you," I said before hanging up the phone.

Without thinking about anything else too much, I started to cook chicken wings following the steps as in the recipes. I was a terrible cook, but I guess practice makes perfect? I remember the first time I cooked for Luhan, like three weeks ago, he said my dishes couldn't even considered as edible dishes. Well, even up 'till today I believed my cooking skill was just so-so, but the difference was this time it's good enough and of course, edible.

I believed it was just six when I finished the chicken wings and started to make spaghetti sauce when the doorbell rang. I checked the wall clock and guessing that he was one hour earlier.

I opened the door with a wide smile which didn't even stay for a second on my lips. Seeing the familiar girl in front of my apartment made me feelin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter