Prologue Part I

Organization XV

Our world Athenus once was a part of another world called, Aphrodite. The Greek goddess made of the foams from the sea. An unknown race came millions of years later and promised us, the human race that they could and would protect us from the dangers the hardships and predators we had to face within each day to survive on. They said that they will take us to paradise, a paradise named…Athenus. Only Athenus had to be created by a part of the fresh soil we already stood upon. So, they took a large portion of land from our own and created it into a large orb in the sky forming it and shielded it with a sparkling shell they called, Crystal Atlas. It shined very bright when the sun shined upon it making every side sparkle with glory. Before, we knew it. We were lifted up to the new world and are what we are today.

“Again, again!” cried the little eager boy on the bed. “Again,” the older boy sighed sitting right next to him on his bed. “C’mon, please Teukie!” the small boy pleaded with big sparkling eyes. “No, I think that’s enough for now.” A woman said from behind them. She walked towards them with a smile. “It’s enough for now Jung Soo. Leeteuk is a very busy boy and besides he needs rest for tomorrow.” She said pulling the covers up to her son’s chest. “But, mom.” He whined pouting while looking at Leeteuk with a face that says to defend him. Leeteuk just smiled and said, “No, I think your mother is right. That story is enough for now.” The boy rolled his eyes. “Yeah, thanks for defending.” He grumbled pulling the sheets over his head in defeat. Leeteuk and the boy’s mother smiled. “Goodnight,” they both said in unison as they walked out the door. “Thank you for everything.” The mother continued as she closed the door. “No, it’s alright. I am always glad to be um…Jun Soo’s babysitter.” He rubbed the back of his neck slightly embarrassed to say “babysitter” the mother looked up at the tall handsome boy with two pink cheeks. “You are so adorable sometimes.” She smiled making him blush even more. She headed downstairs as he followed behind. He on his way downstairs he saw a picture of the woman, Jung Soo, and a man that must be his dad in a family picture. The man was wearing a United Guardians uniform on with badges and everything. Leeteuk came closer to the picture. “Is this…your husband?” he asked looking back at the woman who had yensen (Athenus Currency) in her hand. “Why, yes it is my husband, but he mostly not home since he is a United Guardians soldier.” Leeteuk nodded to her words as he examined the picture some more. “But, I shouldn’t worry. He’ll be back.” She handed Leeteuk the yensen in her hand. “Oh…uh…” she opened his hand and slipped it tight on his hand making him grip on it. “Thank you, really. You are like a brother to my son. Since his father isn’t here, he has you. Thank you.” She said with teary eyes, but with a smile. Leeteuk nodded and gave her a warm smile in return before leaving.

“Go on, get out of here punk!” a large man threw a skinny boy out into the cold wet pavement outside. The boy quickly got himself back up, “ you!” he spat out. He quickly dusted his jacket off and began walking like nothing happened. The left side of his bottom lip was slightly split with a little bit of blood running down it and a small bruise on his right cheek bone. He felt a slight drop of rain fall on his other cheek as rain suddenly began to pour down. Every pedestrian began to run into shelter. The boy kept on walking without giving a care in the world. “Hey, boy,” A cracked old voice called to him from behind as he passed an ally. The boy quickly turned around to the direction of the voice. “Well, if it isn’t Yesung!” the old man sitting down in the ally laughed. He wore a dirty old green coat with a few burnt spots and pair of old black pants with large holes showing the tanned skinned knees of the senile man. “Excuse me, but do I know you?” Yesung asked the man with a really rude tone. “Easy boy, I don’t mean any harm.” The old man began. “Come over here and take a seat. I got whiskey.” He waved the half empty bottle of whiskey in the air for Yesung to see. He looked the old man up and down with disgust, but sat down next to him and snatched the whiskey from the older man’s hand and examined it to make sure it wasn’t pee or anything. It looked clean as far as he knew and gave it a drink. Yesung began to cough uncontrollably on how strong it was. “Easy, don’t chug that stuff down! It really is some strong !” the old man laughed patting Yesung on the back as support. Yesung felt a rough sting near his bottom lip wound, but quickly ignored it and giving the whiskey small drinks. “How do you know my name?” he asked after a while. “I knew you ever since you were born child. Don’t take this personal, but you were a real diva when you were a kid.” The man laughed making Yesung give him a dirty look before taking another dirk of the whiskey. “Just like someone else I used to know…” the man drifted into deep thought after that. “Who? Who do I remind you of?” Yesung questioned. “Man, that boy was a really diva when he was young now let’s just say I know nothing about him now.” The old man smiled to himself. Yesung looked at him, “And do you remember his name?” he asked. The old man looked him in the eyes, “No,” he whispered. Yesung studied the old man’s gaze and saw that his answer was a lie. “Tell me, how much of a diva this kid was.” Yesung looked at the streets seeing people walk the streets again as the rain slowed. “Oh, he would always pout when you took away his things and always liked to go shopping with his mother.” Yesung looked at the old man while he took a sip of the whiskey as well. “What was his mother’s name?” the old man tried to keep his eyes away from Yesung ignoring his gaze. “Her name was serenity-isis that was her name. She…was my daughter.” The old man said in a whispered as tears began glisten in his old eyes. Yesung looked away from the heartbroken man. “My father died when he was in the National Guardians Corp. I was told that he was gutted by a Sliver Wolfian (2 times bigger than the actual wolf) during a mission in San Beutan in the world of Aphrodite.” Yesung’s voice cracked as he confessed the tragedy of his father’s death. This is not information he would let out to anybody, but for some reason he felt that he could trust this old man. “I know what it is like to be a part of National Guardians. I was one once before.” The old man said as he turned to face Yesung who was also in tears right now. “Yesung, there is something important that I need to tell you.” The old man began until all of the sudden the city of Lucien sirens began to screech in the air making them quickly put their hands over their ears. “Ahh,” Yesung let out in pain as the sirens sound bangs against his ear drum. It began to really piss him off after a while because of the utter pain he was feeling in his ears and brain. “E…Enough!” he screamed out loud with a powerful rush in his voice making every glass widow and glass object in nearby stores and residences break into pieces in a flash. Glass flew everywhere around the whole street. The sirens kept making sound, but everyone around began to look astonished as all the glass broke around them in only a matter of seconds. The old man looked at Yesung with big eyes. “You…you made this happen.” The old man whispered at Yesung as he stared back at the old man with a scared and astonished look of his own. “I…I did?”

“You have the drugs?” asked a man in a low tone. “Yes sir we do, but first we need to see the yensen first.” The young man said looking at the ugly man sitting down with a big grin on his face with a cigar on the right side of his mouth. “Of course Eunhyuk, of course.” The man signaled with his fingers to some large sized man behind him with a sliver brief case. “20 million yensen just like I promised.” The man pushed it towards Eunhyuk’s partner. “Donghae, give the man the man his 450 pound of Poseidon (a strong drug illegally sold in the city of Lucien) Now!” he urged Donghae as he quickly passed his dark brief case to the scared faced man. “It was a pleasure doing business with you.” Eunhyuk smiled handing Donghae the sliver case with the money he just checked was in there. They began to head out of the warehouse. “This seems a bit light for…450 pounds.” The man began behind them. “Donghae, You said you put 450 in there you idiot!” Eunhyuk whispered to him as they still had their backs to the man that they were dealing with. “I did! I am positive in my counting that it had 450 in there!” Donghae took a glance back at the man. “Maybe, he’s lying to get more off of us?” Eunhyuk looked at Donghae. “Well, if that’s the case let’s make a run for it with the money.” They suddenly heard guns click behind them. “I don’t think so.” The man laughed in his huge chair behind them as two of his men pointed each a gun at Eunhyuk and Donghae. “,” they both cursed in a whisper. “Look,” the man began getting off his chair. “I loved doing business with both of you, but I gonna need that money back.” Donghae looked at Eunhyuk with a knowing look near a window to Donghae’s right then a small file cabinet. “Oh really,” Eunhyuk smirked and pushed Donghae behind the small filing cabinet and they both pushed it together near the window while the guns fired. They both shot up in the air screaming out the window hitting the hard ground below. “Oh god, that hurts!” Donghae let out feeling a strong pain on his back. “Get up moron, get up!” Eunhyuk quickly grabbed Donghae and pulled him up as they ran as fast as they could hear the gun shots behind them. They both ran into the streets in between a lot of pedestrians. Donghae carefully was slipping past the pedestrians while Eunhyuk just shoved them out of the way without a care. They both ran into an ally and both jumped into two different trash cans and hid in there until a few of the drug dealer’s men passed by. They both peeked out of the trash cans to see two soldiers of the Sancta Guards. “Put your hands up!” they both held guns up to Eunhyuk and Donghae’s face as they both raised their hands up in the air.

A hand began to slide into the boy’s shirt as he stood motionless as the woman behind him gave him a sly smile. She began to kiss and bite his creamy skin slowly on his neck. “I’ve been waiting for you all day.” She whispered slowly near his ear. She began ing his white shirt slowly as her other free hand began to rub softly against his creamy chest. The boy looked in the mirror before him, seeing a small barely noticeable wound in the corner of his left eye…it was almost fully healed. He gulped to himself and quickly grabbed the woman’s hand. “No, let’s stop…here…right now.” He pushed her hand away slightly to her surprise. “Sungmin,” she began. “Baby, no you can’t be serious!” she shook her head from left to right as she cupped his face in her hands. “No,” she whispered. He quickly grabbed her by the wrist. “Madame Red, no it’s over. I don’t want to continue being your…affair.” He pulled her hands away from his face slowly looking away from her. “No, Sungmin! You’re my slave and you have to do what I command you! I bought you and you belong to me so do as I say!” she yelled and slapped him across the face. She began to tear up. “I…I want you and I need you.” She whispered. “I love you, but look what you always make me do! You always make mad enough to beat you! I don’t want to beat you any more sweetheart…please stay with me you won’t leave me, please don’t leave me.” She whispered hugging him while her eyes cried as the mascara turned her tears black as they fell. “No, it’s over.” Sungmin whispered. She kept whispering no as she held him tighter. “I’m not your slave anymore!” he pushed her off harshly. “No, No don’t leave me I need you!” she grabbed onto his shirt as he was leaving. “No, Sungmin!” she cried out as her nails ripped on his shirt and skin making him bleed. “You won’t leave me! You will never leave me your mine!” she began to attack him, slapping him and clawing at him as he tried to run from her. Sungmin made his way out of the main door entrance into the courtyard running for his life as Madame Red screamed his name out from inside the house. Sungmin’s detector on his left ankle began beeping as he made his way over the gates of the estate. He ran in the rain as fast as he could into the countryside of Palum Suns. He ran inside an old abandon barn near the dirt road for shelter. He kicked hard on the wood blocking the entrance to get in. He only made a small hole in the door and immediately went through it to see that the inside showed that it was an old abandoned church. He began to walk not knowing where he was going. He outstretched his hands to feel for something. He began to feel some sort of waxed made obstacle and felt that it was a candle and next to it was a book of some sort. He grabbed the book and began to head back outside into the rain and the moons moonlight shining brightly outside. He opened the first few pages in the rain seeing that the rain didn’t affect them in any way. “Candela…L…Lux?” he read from a certain page and before he knew it every candle in the old church from the inside. He looked at the church in amazement. “This is a spell book.” He examined the ancient book in his hands as he smiled and headed back inside. He put the book back where it was and began to look through it noticing that it had all types of spells. He looked around the church to see where to pack the book to take with him, to his luck he found an old hand made messenger bag that was old and brown. He quickly dusted it and packed the book. He began down the dirt road again past a sign that said, Lucien City with red words painted on the bottom saying, City of SIN!

Slowly and easily strong hands gripped the top part of the doors metal bars pulling him up and down. His whole body was drenched in sweat as he slowly counted in whispers. He only wore a pair of jeans without a shirt showing off his toned skin with a tattoo from a few inches below his arm pit running all the way down to his waist line. The tattoo said, Dangerous in big bold French script letters. “Heechul,” called out a guard to the boy doing his daily exercises. He quickly hopped down on his feet to his name. The guard came in his cell with an envelope in hand. He handed it to Heechul as he pulled a towel around his sweaty neck. “It is your get out of jail free card for good behavior.” The guard responded as he saw that Heechul was hesitant on taking the card. Heechul opened it as soon as the guard left before telling him to get ready in an hour. He began to see that it was his ticket out finally. Heechul quickly got out of his cell and went to the showers which were empty except for him being in there. He began to his pants as if it were any other day. He began to walk to a shower completely and turned the water on. The water began to run through his whole body like a river as he bathed in it. He began to wash his dark hair in the water and the rest of his body. He stood there for a while letting the water pour all over as he sighed. ~~ The gates opened to let Heechul be on his own…for now. He walked out into the streets of Souleen Heights (Athenus Capital City) He began to walk to a train station ticket stand and was ready to pay the yensen he had until, soldiers began to burst into the station with pedestrians screaming everywhere as the guards began to gather people. “Everybody move and huddle together!” they yelled at everyone as they aimed at people. “Hey, you!” a guard directed his attention to Heechul who was looking bewildered by the scene. “Get with the others!” the man yelled, Heechul gathered back his senses and began to make a run for it. Guards began behind his tail shooting at him as he dodged away. He quickly headed into the trains restrooms which were empty and quickly hid in a stall. It wasn’t long before two guards entered checking the stalls. As soon as one of the guards came across the stall he was hiding in he pushed it opened with a surprise kick in the face by Heechul. Heechul quickly headed out of the stall and felt a sudden pain on the back of his head blacking him out.