2;

Wings
Please log in to read the full chapter

3 years, which seemed like a decade to Suzy, passed since she had met her angel, the boy who handed her the cap and taught her how to smile again. Ever since that day, she has never encountered the boy. She has been missing her “angel” and longing for him to appear. Sadly, she knows not of his name or of his appearance now. She promised herself that she will regain her angel, somehow.

* * *

Suzy, now the age of 13, walked down the uncongested corridors, holding her book tight to her chest, having her head down as if she was in shame. Her long hair covered her delicate features but, it was for a purpose. Though many years have gone by, on one has forgotten the sin her mother committed. No one has forgotten to whom she was given birth from; no one has shattered the memory of her being the murderer’s daughter.

Suzy was not concentrating of her view. She did not realize the young female teacher walking towards her, who was also not being attentive to her surroundings. Suzy bumped into her right arm, causing her book to escape from her hand. The young female teacher had a cup of coffee in her hand; some of it fell to the floor but, not enough to create a stain.

“I’m terribly sorry.” The female teacher apologized to Suzy, who was kneeing on the floor as she grabbed her book. The female teacher smiled as she was about to tend to Suzy but, once Suzy removed the morsels of hair covering her, the teacher eyed her, giving off a queasy look. Suzy lowered her head as if she committed a crime just like her dear mother.

The young female teacher examined Suzy, from head to toe, walked away from her. Suzy swore she heard her say “I take that back.”

Those words were like knives stabbing her heart multiple times until she couldn’t feel her heartbeat. Liquid droppings fell from her delicate face. She wiped them off and headed towards class before the bell rang.

Suzy continued walking to her class. She reached it and as she went inside, she found her desk flatten on the floor, her books scattered everywhere with words written all over it in red marker, and her chair lost somewhere in the room. She looked at it then slowly made eye contact with three snickering girls; Jiyeon, Eunjung, and Hyomin. Of course it had to be them. No one else tortured Suzy as much as they did.

Suzy walked over to her desk, eyes of students following her, and picked her desk up, positioning it in its place and, grabbing her books which were written on all over with red markers. They read “die ”. Suzy sighed softly and sat down. It looks like it was going to be “great” day at school.

The teacher walked, looking as drowsy as ever, greeting everyone with the humdrum voice of his, scanning to his book as he was thinking to himself of what she should teach today since he didn’t plan it earlier; typical Mr. Choi.

“Turn to page 75 of your English textbook.” he said to his students in his monotone voice of his. Everyone turned to the page almost in sync. Suzy turned to her page but, as she did she witnessed the writings planted on the pages of her book saying the most loathsome words of all. She bit her lips, preventing herself from crying again.

Class went on. After class, it was a small break for the students, making them smile and rush out of the classrooms. Suzy packed her things as fast as she could because if she didn’t then, trouble would come proceeding her way. She grabbed her bag, holding on to the straps of the bag but, before she could walk away from her desk, the three devils, Jiyeon, Eunjung, and Hyomin, emerged right before her.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Eunjung asked, smirking. Suzy didn’t dare to make eye contact.

“Do you think you can escape from us?” Hyomin asked, annoyed.

Jiyeon snorted. “So you think you can fool us. Ha, you know when you do something like that then there’s going to be a serious consequence.” her lips curved into a vile smile. Suzy gulped before she was dragged harshly by the three devils.

* * *

The bell rang for third period, the period before lunch began, and everyone except a certain someone, arrived

Please log in to read the full chapter