One

Delightful

Well, this was supposed to be posted a long while ago but my internet is a so here it is...

 


Sulli was smiling brightly when she opened her bedroom window and looked to view outside. Her smile was almost as bright as the sun that shone in all its summer glory outside. But she knew better, there was cumulus nimbus coming soon; so there would be rain by end of the day probably. The thought made her giggle, she loved those typical summer rains, the smell and the chilly breeze that stayed after it was so comforting and refreshing that was impossible not to like it.

“JinRi, you’re not Juliet for God’s sake, get out of that window!” Her mother screamed from the garden startling the young girl. “Hurry up or else you’re going to be late for school!”

“Got it, mom. I’m going.” Sulli sing sang before closing her window and preparing herself for the school day that was coming ahead.


She felt like laughing when she saw the heavy sigh that he let out as she strutted to sit beside him. Sulli always wondered why he was so anti social and this 3-pages pair activity that their teacher had settled them to do was perfect opportunity for her to find out about it.

“Hello, SeHun.” She said after settling herself down and the boy just glared back at her. “I’m actually glad we’re going to make this activity together, you’re the only one in class that is not my friend.”

It was true though. Sulli was the completely opposite of Oh SeHun, while he enjoyed staying in the corner observing everything with the blankest face as possible, she liked to jump around and talk with every living being in the same place as her. Naturally she became close with everyone in her class except him, she had friends even in other classes but she never had any other conversation with the brunette boy after Krystal introduced them.

“Maybe that’s because I don’t want to be your friend.”SeHun scoffed at her.

“Why?” Sulli stopped smiling to pout; she couldn’t really understand why he doesn’t want to befriend her or anyone else beyond JongIn whom he only had occasional talks.

“Because I don’t need a friend. I just need to get this thing done with you, after it we’re distant classmates again.” SeHun said it bluntly and rubbed his forehead in annoyance and right after he grabbed the paper and started to solve the first exercise.

Sulli stared at him, she knew that wasn’t true. He always looked so bored and lost; like he needed someone to get him out of that dark hole he seemed to have put himself into. She chuckled and said “Funny because you seem to be the one that needs a friend the most in here.”

Another chuckle left her lips as she watched his reaction; it was like watching a wall coming down. Sulli managed to see right through him and that not only gave him the shock of his life but also looked to bothered him a lot.

“What?” he muttered through gritted teeth.

“Every time I look at you, I can see you’re bored with the people around.” She started saying and he averted his eyes, only confirming her theory. “But I see that deep down you are begging to someone come pick you up and show you something new.”

“And what? Is that someone you? You?” Now SeHun was staring right back at her and questioning her with most poisonous tone he could do. It was useless though, she knew he was just trying to defend himself.

“Why not?” Sulli smiled and pinched his cheeks making his sleepy eyes reach the size of golf balls. “You want something new, I’m the new student. It fits.”

 “Yeah, but one day you’ll stop being the new kid.” SeHun still tried to fight back.

“Hopefully you’ll stop being the bitter kid that day too.” But what are some of his empty poisonous words next to her sincere smile?

“We’ll see.” The boy said challenging her.

“Sure we will.” The girl replied accepting his challenge with the childish grin never leaving her plump lips.


“Seriously, JongIn is like the dumbest boy in the whole planet.” Krystal scoffed as both girls made their way to their lockers. “I’ve sent him all kinds of signs that I like him too but the boy doesn’t get it. He just doesn’t get it.”

“Maybe you should just tell him, Krys. In the face, like ‘Hey JongIn I like you too’ or something like that.” Sulli suggested, opening her locker and grabbing all the books she needed for the next classes.

“Hell no! I can’t do that, I won’t do that. He’s a man, for God’s sake! He should come to me and declare his feelings.” The shorter girl kept nagging on about it but Sulli just laughed it off. Since she met Krystal she found out about JongIn’s crush on her, it was pretty obvious by the way he looked at her, what took her a while to discover was that his feelings were mutually responded by Krystal, but the American lady was too stubborn to go to the poor boy and tell him what he has dreamed to hear she preferred to tease and “send him all kinds of signs” so they end up in this draw situation.

Krystal’s complaints were abruptly stopped by a tall brunette boy that showed up right after Sulli closing her locker which caused both girls to get a little startled by his quiet approach.

“SeHun, what do you want?” Krystal asked glaring at the boy; they were never in good terms for some unknown reasons.

“I want to talk with Sulli or whatever is your name this week.” He replied not even bothering to spare a look to Krystal.

“My name was Sulli last week; it’s Sulli this week and will be Sulli next week, SeHun. So don’t worry about memorizing multiple names, it’s just Sulli.” She softly smiled, trying to mask the happiness she was feeling in the moment. Ever since the math pair activity SeHun seemed to be purposely avoiding her like the plague. And to be honest that bothered her immensely because she seemed so close to break his ice and become at least his acquaintance.

“Yeah right, nice. I still need to talk with you.” SeHun rolled his eyes and finally looked at Krystal just to mutter “In private.”

Krystal’s mouth opened up to throw some snarky comment at the boy but Sulli was faster.

“It’s okay, Krys. Go ahead.” She nodded reassuringly to her friend.

“Well then, good luck.” Krystal replied coldly and got on her way not forgetting to tsk while passing beside SeHun.

“So what do you want to talk about it?” Sulli asked before he even finished rolling his eyes at Krystal again.

“The math activity we’ve done together.” He said. “We’ve got the highest score.”

“That’s great! I needed it.” She smiled before noticing that he seemed to be nervous about something.

“Yeah, about that…” SeHun swallowed before talking again. “I know you aren’t the best math student, but still managed to get the perfect score with me in that test. How?”

“Well, you’ve done more than half of the exercises…” She looked at the ground and then back at his confused face.

“Yes, but if you haven’t done the rest correctly we wouldn’t have got the highest score.” He spat out.

The girl nodded silently and looked all over the hall making SeHun almost jump out of annoyance.

“So?” He inquired.

“So…?” She replied.

“I’m asking you how you’ve done that. Tell me.” His voice reached an octave higher and he felt like starting bouncing in the same place by any minute now.

“Well, simple. I’ve studied. YoungJae is tutoring me.” She replied and his chin almost fell to the ground.

“You mean YoungJae the nerd that sat in the front row? The one who you discussed about Naruto with?” SeHun asked stepping threateningly closer to Sulli.

“Yes, that one.” Sulli replied giving a step back but after a second thought she stopped in her track and stared SeHun in the face. “He’s nice and my friend.”

She said the last part without any malice but it sounded terribly teasingly to SeHun. He groaned and she raised an eyebrow to him.

“Why are you asking me this anyway, SeHun?” She asked still with her eyebrow raised.

“Because… well, because I’ve got curious about it. That’s all.” The boy started to speak so nervously he didn’t even notice that his lisp appeared before Sulli started to grin like a Cheshire cat.

“You have a lisp.” She stated cheerfully.

“No, I don’t.” He stated in a totally different mood.

“Yes, you do. Oh that’s cute, TheHun.” Sulli and giggled.

“Shut up.”  SeHun said looking down hoping his bangs would cover his red cheeks.

“Can you say my name in your lisp?” She requested smiling even wider to see him so flushed.

“JinRi.” He simply muttered.

“No, no. my other name. Sulli, come on, like Thulli.” Sulli giggled loudly and he groaned again.

“I’m not going to say it, okay? An-and if you tell anyone about it, I’ll not only hate you forever but I’ll also make your life a living hell.” He threatened her, but it was hard to take it seriously when he stuttered letting his lisp more apparent.

“I won’t tell, but it’s cute, really.” The girl who was previously leaned on her locker’s door started leaning closer to the boy and watched as he swallowed nervously and averted his eyes from her. She giggled and whispered each syllable of her last attack in his ear. “The-Hun” 

He groaned for nth time and stormed away from her and her loud laughter. After running out of breath thanks to the laugh crysis, Sulli couldn’t help but smile, the more she talked with SeHun the more she wanted to get closer to him and by the way he acted today it seemed like he was interested in her too. To that thought Sulli grinned like a kid that has just won a candy. She was sure that talking with SeHun from now on would be a delightful experience.


Don't forget to comment telling me your opinion guys <3