Final

Today is that day I kill my wife.

 

It is finally here, thought Taemin as he put down his newspaper and sipped his cup of coffee.

He grabbed his keys and drove to Hana's school.

12 o'clock he thought as he stared at the entrance of the kindergarten.

The shrill sound of the bell snapped him back into reality.

He continued looking out of the window and watched the small childern run towards their parents. He spotted his baby girl running to his car, dressed in her favourite white dress that had a pattern of blue and pink flowers on it.

She opened the car door and jumped on the seat. Taemin closed the door and help his daughter put on her seatbelt.

"Appa, I drew a drawing to show Umma! I can't wait to see her." Hana shouted in excitment as she thought of seeing her mother.

Taemin started the car and drove towards the hospital.

His phone started ringing but Taemin ignored it.

"Appa? Your phone is ringing. Aren't you going to pick it up?" Hana asked.

"I know it is but just ignore it for today Baby." Taemin said, for he knew who was calling him.

Hana nodded but pouted in confusion.

Taemin parked his car and took his daughter's tiny hand and led her to her mother's room.

Hana let go of her father's hand and climbed up her mother's bed. She took out her drawing from her bag.

"Look Umma! I drew a picture of our whole family! There's Appa, Umma, me, Uncle Onew, Uncle Ki-"

Taemin didn't know why he walked out of the door right at that moment. Was it just a coincidence? Or did he not want to hear that name?

He shrugged it off and walked towards Dr. Park who was waiting for him.

"Taemin sshi, are you very sure you want to go through this procedure? Even though chances are very slim. She may still wake up." Dr. Park said with a serious tone.

"I'm sure. After all, you were the one who said that in the first place that she will never wake up. It was my fault in the first place. Please repect my choice." Taemin said determined to do what he was going to do.

"Okay you know what to do." Dr. Park said before walking off.

Taemin turned around and walked in the direction of his wife's room but before he could reach the door, he heard loud thuds of shoes. He turned around and his eyes windened at the man who was about to tackle him.

"LEE TAEMIN!!!!" Kibum screamed at his face.

Taemin was right now on the floor, lying down with Kibum sitting on him.

"Why are you doing this?! She might still wake up!" Kibum shouted in Taemin's face.

"Hyung, I-"

Taemin was cut off because Key shouted at him, saying, "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING?! YOU GONNA KILL HER!"

"KEEPING HER ALIVE IS KILLING HER!!!!" Taemin shouted, losing his temper.

Key was speechless at his Dongsaeng's outbreak.

Taemin sighed and pushed his Hyung off him.

He stood up, pulling Key up too.

"Look Hyung. I know you love her but she is struggling to be alive. She was always there for us, even though she was just lying down doing nothing. Hana is 6 now. The signs of the amount of stress on her body is a lot. I wan her to have a peaceful death, no matter how much it hurts me." Taemin said.

Reality dawned on Kibum.

The guy. The person that he cared for before she showed up. The man who became he rival for love. The guy who took his love away from him... was right.

His tears fell down his face as he stared at the floor.

"Its raining." Key said, making up an excuse for the wetness of his face.

"Yeah Hyung, its raining." Taemin said smiling softly at his Hyung. Kibum Hyung never was one to admit his feelings.

After making sure that his Hyung went home safely, Taemin walked back to his wife's room, smiling at his past memories with her.

He opened the door and saw his little artist drawing again.

"Look Appa! I'm drawing Umma!" Hana said, showing her father her half-finished art piece.

Taemin smiled and picked her up.

He look at his wife's pale, limp body.

"Hey Sandara. Today is the day. I just want to thank you. You were always there for me. You saved my life, even though you had to sacrifice yourself. You help me raise Hana even though you weren't there physically. I love you so much. Its hurts to do this but I want to do it myself. Sandara, I will always wish that you were with me. When I first saw you, I didn't believe in love at first sight or any of that fate stuff but I fell in love at first sight with you. Words can't express my feelings, no matter how beautiful. I know that if you were conscious, you would tell me to move on but I love you too much for that. I want you to go to heaven and wait for me, like the angel you are." Taemin said as tears streamed down his face.

He sat on her bed and kiss her fully on the lips.

Their last kiss...

"So I guess its more like a 'see you later' than a 'goodbye' huh?" Taemin said smiling sadly.

I wish that this didn't have to happen. Taemin thought but he knew what he need to do.

Taemin walked to her life support machine and turned it off.

He looked back and saw a faint smile. Unable to hold his emotions any longer, he hugged Hana tightly, letting out all his tears of different emotions.

Tears of sadness at the loss of his wife. Tears of frustration at what had to happened. Tears of slight happiness as now his wife can rest peacefully.

"I love you and I will always be with you two."

Hana looked up as she heard a melodious voice.

She saw a beautiful woman smiling at her before disappearing.

Hana knew who he was and mouthed the words 'Goodbye Umma' before hugging her father.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I hope you like that. My friend asked me to write a sad beautiful ending for her and this is what I whipped up.

Saranghae readers!