❥ Chapter Six

Can He Love Again?

 

❥ Chapter Six

28k6flk.jpg

            As she sat in the back row of the classroom, Mitsuki lazily watched as Teo sat next to a large group of people, loudly laughing and smiling with all of his effort.  She wondered why she had never noticed that he was in her class before, because he was rather noticeable, but she wasn’t surprised he didn’t see her. She was never very active in class anyway.

            Yawning, she rested her head on her arms as she waited for class to start, hoping that she would be able to escape being called out by the teacher (which was usually the case).

            And just as sleep was about to cast over Mitsuki, the door to the studio classroom slammed open as the music theory teacher fell in, dropping all of his books and papers.

            He scrambled to his feet and knelt down, trying to gather all of his papers as the majority of the class laughed, causing Mitsuki to feel sympathy for him. She stood up and walked over, helping him grab any scattered papers that were out of his visual range.

            “Mitsuki?”

            Her head immediately shot up, eyes meeting with Teo’s.

            “I didn’t know you were in this class,” he muttered.

            “I have been since the beginning of the year,” she replied, standing up and walking towards her professor to hand him the papers. As she walked back to her seat, Teo grabbed her wrist and pulled her into the seat beside him.

            “Why didn’t you tell me you were in this class?”

            “I didn’t think it was important.”

            “Of course it is!”

            “Why?”

            “We’re friends, aren’t we?” He smiled.

            “Just barely,” she mumbled. “Class is starting; I should go back to my seat.” Mitsuki stood up to leave, but was pulled back down into the seat.

            “You can stay here during class. Isn’t it too lonely over in the back?”

            “I don’t have to pretend to be happy when I’m in the back; nobody will question me,” she replied. “Maybe you should try wiping off that fake smile.” Mitsuki’s right index finger reached up to tug down the left corner of his lips gently, causing the rest of his smile to vanish. “Don’t you remember what we talked about?”

            She returned to her seat, leaving Teo with an unsure expression on his face, arousing questions from those seated around him about how he knew her and why he looked troubled.

 

❥ ❥ ❥

 

            Halfway through the class, Teo dropped down to the floor, pretending to have pushed a pencil down. He dragged his backpack down as well, causing the girl sitting next to him to roll her eyes, expecting him to play some sort of prank on the professor. He crawled out from behind the desk and slowly made his way to the back of the classroom while the professor looked away.

            Just as the professor turned back to face the class, Teo popped into the seat next to Mitsuki. She only sighed, wondering why he would even try something as foolish as that when he could’ve just run back there while nobody was looking.

            “How do you sit here? It’s so far from the front of the room,” said Teo, squinting to see the notes written on the board.

            “Glasses.” She pointed to the obvious lenses resting in front of her eyes, black frames circling them.

            “I don’t have bad eyesight though.”

            “Then you shouldn’t have to squint… Why are you back here?”

            “I got bored.” He smiled cheekily before pulling his notebook out and drawing out the set up for a game of Hangman. “Let’s play.”

            “Or maybe we could pay attention to class.” Mitsuki pointed from her notebook to the board.

            “But class is so boring, don’t you think? And considering you’re in a fourth year college class, I should guess that you’re smart enough to catch up on this one little lesson.”

            Mitsuki hesitated, still half-pointing her pen towards the board.

            Teo nudged her once more before she sighed and shook her head.

            “Maybe I can manage to fall behind one lesson, but I’m not entirely sure about you.” A small smile lingered on her lips before being whisked away by the cool air conditioning. She pointed down to his notebook. “I doubt you even have a full page of notes from this year.”

            He grinned sheepishly while inching his notebook away from her, slowly closing it.

            “Are you even passing this class?”

            “Yes.”

            “With a grade higher than a C?”

            “Of course! I’m not stupid.”

            “C plus?”

            Teo simply smiled before flipping his notebook open again and looking up at the board.

            “That’s what I thought.”

            “You two, if you’re not interested in the lesson, you can leave,” said the professor uncharacteristically, ticked off that the students were starting to slack off in his class. He pointed towards the door, as if signaling that it wasn’t a suggestion.

            Shocked, Mitsuki sat frozen as Teo packed up his belongings.

            He nudged her and asked, “What’re you doing? Come on.”

            Scrambling for her books and bag, she followed after him, glancing once more at her professor, who gave her a disappointed look.

            Teo walked a few feet away from the classroom before facing Mitsuki. “What are you waiting for? We just got the rest of class off.”

            “I’ve never been kicked out of a lecture before,” she mumbled, stuffing her books into her bag. “I’ll just go to the library to try and read up on the rest of the lesson.”

            “Or you could come with me to write music, which is so much better, right?” Teo smiled widely, tempting her to skip her studying.

            Just as she was about to say yes, she glanced back down at the remaining textbook in her hands before turning away from him and walking towards the library. “You need to study even more than I do. Writing music can be saved for your composition class.”

            Teo groaned as he followed sluggishly behind, slouching so much that he was almost at level height with Mitsuki.

            Once they reached the library, a small smile perched itself on Mitsuki’s lips. “You know, you didn’t have to follow me. It was just a suggestion,” she whispered as they passed through the doors and into the quiet room.

            Stumped, Teo simply sighed and continued to follow her towards the cubicles in the back of the library. “Let’s crack open these textbooks then.”

            “I assume it’ll be the first time for you,” Mitsuki said quietly, sitting down and pulling a notebook and pen from her bag.

            “Second! Ha!”

            “I don’t believe that’s something to be proud of.” Already, she started reading through their assigned pages, jotting down a few words. She glanced up at him before looking back down at her textbook. “Staring won’t help you pass our next assignment.”

            He laughed and sat down beside her, finally opening his book whilst throwing his legs up to rest on top of the desk.

            She rolled her eyes at his action.

            “Always the blunt one, aren’t we?” muttered Teo, smiling a bit to himself before proceeding to read the first line of the twenty page lesson.

 

28k6flk.jpg

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey guys! I know it's been a while, but if you read my last chapter (which isn't an actual update) you'll find the explanation if you haven't already read it. I'm really sorry, again, that I have to leave you guys with this semi-hiatus, but as of now, I can't find the time to write regular updates. Thanks for reading, loves <3

~DespisedSecret

» layout credit