We Are One

The Harmony of The Ocean

 

                They were sitting next to each other in the café across the hotel. Luhan looked around the place while Minseok leaned against his seat and enjoyed the burger. The wind was calm and the weather wasn’t too bad for a romantic date plus the sky was so clear. Luhan sipped his Americano, examining the liquid on his tongue before looked up as he felt a tug on his shirt. Minseok threw him a confused look.

“You’re so quiet. Something’s wrong?” Minseok shifted closer and rested his hand on Luhan’s thigh. Luhan shaked his head.

“I was planning a romantic dinner for us” he answered, a smile formed on his face. Minseok laughed, his eyes twinkling and it made Luhan grins. “I almost thought you hate Busan”, he sighed softly. Luhan shaked his head once more. He liked Busan a lot. He just didn’t know what to do in such a beautiful city. “Let’s enjoy our day and maybe we can go to a romantic dinner in the evening”, Minseok interwined their fingers and Luhan smiled in return before nodded. “Finish your patty first”, Luhan motioned his head toward the food.   

-

Minseok suggested they should go to Yongdusan park. “It’s a great place for dating, babe”, Minseok said to him while playing with his fingers and the taxi-driver just sent them a knowing look once he caught them pecked each other’s cheeks. Luhan smiled sheepishly and buried his face in Minseok’s neck. He rested his head on Minseok shoulder and stared at the view outside, the latter was busy playing with their fingers.

“Here we are, gentleman”, the taxi-driver announced. Minseok nodded and told Luhan to get out first. Luhan waited and turned around when he felt the latter’s fingers on his own. Minseok smiled before pulled him towards the park.  

“You never come to here before, right?” Luhan nodded as he gazed the flowers in awe. “Wow, this place is cool.” He heard Minseok hums. Luhan continued to look around, admiring the Busan tower and smiled faintly. “Who is that?” Minseok turned his head as Luhan tugged at his hand and pointed at a certain statue. “It’s Yi Sun-Shin, Lu. He was a commander.” “Ah, no wonder he looks so scary.” Luhan grinned while Minseok rolled his eyes. “You can’t say that. He’s a hero.” Luhan pouted, telling Minseok that he’s a hero too and Minseok just chuckled.

-

They walked beside each other quietly, enjoying the busy scenery of the city as both of them made their way to Haeundae. Minseok hummed some songs while Luhan swung their hands together in childish manner. It was Luhan’s idea to walk, saying that walk together like a couple is more romantic and maybe can help Minseok to get taller.

“My legs start to get numb.” Luhan sighed and turned his gaze to his boyfriend. Minseok frowned and slowed down his speed. “You want me to carry you?” Luhan arched his eyebrow and Minseok’s face flushed a bit. He shaked his head and gripped Luhan’s hand tightly. “We almost there..” he hummed to himself and Luhan pecked his nose.

They were sit on a bench near the beach eight minutes later. Minseok had complained about how his legs need to be massaged while Luhan whined about his stomach.

“That’s your own fault, I told you to eat at lunch.” Minseok crossed his legs. “I wasn’t hungry before. Beside, I ate the burger with you.” Luhan threw a glare toward his boyfriend and the latter was just frown at his action. “You only took a bite, dummy. My legs hurt and I don’t want to buy some foods for you right now.” Minseok turned his head and looked away. “Gosh, you’re so mean to your boyfriend. Now I understand why Jongdae left you.” Luhan growled and kicked the sand under his feet.

Minseok gulped, wanting to punch Luhan hard on his face but refused to move. He decided to just stare at the waves, at the sun which almost dissapeared. He rubbed his thigh and sometimes pressed his palm on it. He closed his eyes for a second, feeling the fresh air and inhaled the scent of the water.

Luhan stared at the darkening sky and breathed hard through his nose. The guilt was clearly on his face and he felt like an evil for saying the harsh words to Minseok but he just didn’t want to lose the game. “Let’s go get some food.” He moved his eyes to Minseok who stared back at him. “I saw a small restaurant not too far from here, maybe we can go get a dinner.” Minseok reached for his hand before they got up and walked away from the bench.

Luhan wanted to rub his thumb on the back of Minseok’s palm be his dignity was too high that time. He waited at their table while staring at the beach. He kept gazing at the view outside even if he knew that Minseok was staring at him.

“Okay, this is ridiculous. You’re mad at me just because I don’t want to buy any meal for you.” Minseok clarified and Luhan sighed. “I’m not mad. I’m just a bit…mad.” Luhan nodded. “Same thing.” Minseok stopped their conversation there. It was no use to talk to Luhan right now. They ate in silent, Minseok stared down at his food the whole time while Luhan examined the place, sometimes looked at the latter.

“I’m tired.” He tried to ignore Minseok’s confused look. Minseok just muttered an ‘okay’ and told him to go out first while he paid for their meal. He waited outside, arms crossed and glances around the road. Shivers runned down on his skin as the wind blown and Luhan clutched at his jacket tightly. He couldn’t stand the cold air and was about to call Minseok to hurry before he saw the other clutching at his own shirt and his palms tucked in his jeans pocket.  Minseok didn’t bring his jacket, he noted.

“Let’s go back.” he said to Minseok and the older was just nodded. “But I want to take a walk at the beach, Lu.” He then stared at Luhan. Luhan bit his tongue, the air was cold and his boyfriend didn’t bring any jacket plus he needed to keep his bratty manner toward the other. “I want to go back. If you want to go to the beach, then go alone. I’m tired.” With that, Luhan started to walk away. Minseok closed his eyes, he wanted to chase Luhan and followed the younger back to the hotel but he also wanted to enjoyed the night.