The fluffiest cotton candy, disgustingly sweet fluff.. i hope

Happy in your arms

There were much more romantic ways how to get together, Kyungsoo thought as he lovingly caresed Jongin's face on their portrait they had Yixing to draw for them for their second anniversary. They could have been childhood friends, meeting after years of separation and falling for each other; it could have been a love on the first sight; they could have put anonymous notes of secret admiration into each other's locker. There were much more drama-like scenarios that could have happened, but Kyungsoo would never change a thing about their own. It'd been awkward, randomly bumping into each other until he couldn't take it anymore and introduced himself in a kind of creepy manner; but it was perfect. Because it was them.


It'd taken them even longer to realize their feelings and Kyungsoo could swear he'll forever remember the shy, adorable smile Jongin gave him when he confessed, trying to sound all cool and casual. Indeed, they weren't the greatest couple under the sun, but somehow, they'd made it to their fifth year and Kyungsoo still found himself same in love with Jongin as the first day.

"What are you doing, baby?"

Kyungsoo smiled, leaning into the touch as the strong arms wrapped around his waist, palms warm on his stomach, chest solid against his back. "Looking at the picture. It's nice."

"Yeah... Yixing made your eyes even wider than they really are. It's cute," there was a tint of teasing in his voice and Kyungsoo chuckled at him flicking his nose gently. "You're drenching my clothes, dry your hair before you catch a cold."

He was used to it, honestly, the constant bantering from Jongin. He loved the cute childish smile the boy would flash every time he hit him playfully for that. It was just the way Jongin was, trying to look smart and adult with his economy major and all but being a little boy inside. Kyungsoo wouldn't want him any other way. Because he liked to be the sensible one of them, he liked to take care of the latter, watching over him as he laughed, playing around blithely. And he adored the way Jongin pouted when he scolded him, just like now, sitting cross-leged on the couch in pretended sulking until he sighed and kneeled down next to him to dry his hair himself.

"Hey, baby, what do you want to do for your birthday?" he asked softly, rubbing gentle circles into Jongin's hair with the towel.

"Be with you."

Kyungsoo smiled at the cheesiness. "I know, but do you want to do anything special? Is there anywhere you'd like to go to?"

"I don't care," the younger looked up from under the cloth, the deep dark eyes meeting Kyungsoo's and his hands found their way back on the latter's hips, playing with the hem of his shirt, "as long as you're with me."

"You're being disgustingly sweet," he ruffled his hair one last time before pecking his cheek and standing up. "Tea?"

"Yeah."



Now it wasn't completely true that they hadn't done any crazy, lovey-dovey romantic stuff. For one, they'd used to hide notes in the library books they knew the other would need for their next project until the librarian threatened them to stop because people complained that there're weird post-its in their books. They'd used to leave random little gifts at each other's usual seats right before the class so no-one could steal them; but it never were the sentiments that made Kyungsoo feel all warm and fuzzy. It was the content, in-love expression on Jongin's face when he received the one he did for him; the kiss he'd give him as a thank you. And every night after, Jongin would cuddle him in the bed, expressing his gratefulness again, as he whispered the "thanks, baby, i love you" into his hair. And every morning the next day, Kyungsoo‘d find a cup of steaming coffe with note filled with scribbled hearts and wishes of nice day, on his bedside table.

Maybe it was a bit selfish of him, but if he liked to be the head of their relationship, he loved Jongin to be the heart.

"Are you sure you don't want to go anywhere?" he mumbled later that evening, sitting in front of TV, mindlessly watching a re-run of Disney movies on some kid channel. His fingers played with Jongin's locks, tucking them behind his ear as he laid his head in the elder's lap, looking up at him with gentle eyes.

"I am," he took Kyungsoo's hand from his cheek, kissing his knuckles lightly before intertwining their fingers. And they were far from a perfect fit, but he loved the way Kyungsoo's palm was so much smaller than his.

Kyungsoo hummed quietly, smiling when another kiss got directed at his tummy with a small "I love you."

"I love you, too."



Kyungsoo didn't have the most original plan in his mind when he woke Jongin up the next morning with a nice breakfast in the bed, but they never were an original couple in the first place. They both liked to think they lived one of those sappy romantic movies, from time to time; and he didn‘t really find anything wrong at being a little clishé, a little mainstreem when it came to that. So when Jongin raised an eyebrow at him, rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he didn't feel all that embarrassed.

"Happy birthday, baby," he pecked Jongin at the corner of his mouth, sitting at the edge of the bed. He liked watching Jongin eat the food he made him. It made him feel appreciated, proud when the boy munched on his cookings happily. "Let's go out when you're finished."

"We really don't need to."

"I know, but let's go."



It's been a while since they went to the Winter markets, Kyungsoo thought as he took in the lighting decorations for the upcoming Chinese new year. They weren't that different from the Christmas ones and the New year ones, but the cheerful atmosphere was there and it made him bounce in his steps, Jongin at his side chuckling at his antics. It had taken them longer than he'd thought to get out of the house, the younger boy refusing to leave the bed until he gets his birthday kiss properly, resting his hands on their rightful place at Kyungsoo's hipbones when he'd finally complied to his whining. Now, clad in warm fluffy coats, huge scarf wrapped around their necks and couple mittens on the clasped hands, it was already almost dark again, as they walked down the roads of booths mingling with the people; sweet smell of food and hushed music. And they'd never gone to the markets to shop. It was always more about the mood; about being with each other, carefree and happy.

"Hey, Jongin, try this on!" Kyungsoo giggled as he put a huge animal fur hat on his boyfriend's head. "It suits you."

Jongin shook his head, smiling sincerely. "It'd suit you more. It's cute - like you."

Kyungsoo snickered, placing the hat back on the hanger outside the booth. "Stop being so cheesy."

"You like me that way."

"I do."



The ferris wheel wasn't the biggest of all, overlooking just the park and few other blocks from the top point, but the ride went slow enough for them to feel like they've been going miles high. They sat squished next to each other on the small, cold seat, watching the lights blink in colors under them. Their breaths created a foggy layer on the frozen windows and Jongin drew on it childishly, doodling a heart with their initials in it. Kyungsoo watched him lovingly, a familiar warmth filling his heart until it could burst.

"Hey, Jongin?" he called as they reached the top, the cubicle swinging slightly as he shifted to look at the boy.

"Hmm?"

"Happy birthday," he reached out with a small jewelry box. And they were never into the rings or images of marriage; they never needed to confirm their unsaid, heartfelt commitment. All he ever wanted, Kyungsoo thought as Jongin took out a small pendant of wolf head on fine silver chain, a huge grin blooming on his lips; was to make him happy, to see the beautiful smile forever.

 

 

A/N: thanks for reading~ ♥ ^^