Chapter 1

Umm I dont have a Title to this!

Melody, although unconscience, she can still hear the people who were around her. She heard two men arguing, snapping at each other. Another man talking calmly to himself, saying words she didnt understand. But she can tell that he was a paramedic, then she heard him talking to another man. This is something she did understand, because they were talking about her.

         "Her vitle signs are steady but constantly dropping, she has some bruised, cracked, and a couple broken ribs, her right arm is broken and her legs are both severely bruised. I'm quite certain that her internal organs are bleeding as well." The man said.

         "What about Officer Nam?" The other man said worriedly. Melody felt herself twitch at his name, but she couldn't say anything or open her eyes. The man's voice sounded familiar to her, it was the other officer. Officer Cheng.

         "He's already been sent to the hospital, he's in a very critical state and lost an extreme amount of blood. I can't tell you anything good at this point. I don't believe he'll even make it to the hospital." She twitched again. This time she felt herself being lifted and rolled onto another hard surface. Inside of an ambulance maybe? She heard the engine turn one. She was right. She felt someone grab her hand.

          "Melody, I'm so sorry this happened," It was Officer Cheng," I can only imagine what you went through in there. But you'll be okay. I'm afraid that I can't say the same for Daniel though. He was hurt really bad Mel.." She felt a tear fall onto her hand. She can also feel the tears growing inside her, she wanted to scream, flip a table, run away, go into a fetal position and cry forever.

Eventually the vehicle went to a stop, and the doors opened. She was being carried out of the vehicle and put onto a stretcher waiting for her on the sidewalk. Now she was being rolled into a building, again people began to talk around her almost hurriedly. In the background of their talking she can hear telephone ringing, beeping fading in and out. Passing through rooms she supposed. A loud talking saying things like 'calling Doctor Ruins to the ER'. She was in a hospital. The stretcher was constantly making left turns and right turns, then through a pair of double doors, more turns, and through another pair of doors, then to a hault. A nurse put a mask over Melody's face. Soon the loud urgent voice started to get quieter, then she couln't hear anymore. She had out.

 

Melody opened her eyes blurred at first, but then focused on what was around her. A white room, to one side of the room were two doors, one with a window and the other without. A small stand next to her with a vase filled with purple flowers, a digital clock, and a white and red pen. She turned her head scanning the walls that had a couple frames with landscapes painted in them. A television in the top left corner, it was on. She ignored what was on there and continued scanning the room. She saw a table in the same corner filled with flowers, balloons and stuffed animals. One chair had a duffle bag and in the other chair was a folded blue blanket and a white pillow. She fliched at the sight of the window that was was lighting up the room with the sun's ray. She kept looking. An empty couch, a heater and a big machine that had grey rubber cords connected to it. She followed the cords down to see that they were connected to her as well.

The door opened and a man entered the room. He was tall, broad shoulders, short brown hair, and black shiney eyes. His face was filled with scruffiness, he hadn't shaved in a few days. He was wearing a white V-neck shirt with a dark blue blazer, and some simple white pants. He looked at her, almost falling as he stumbled back in surprise. It was Officer Cheng. He paced to her side so quickly it was almost a blur in Melody's eyes.

         "Melody,  you're finally awake. I was getting worried about you too." He smiled meakly.

         "Where-- Where am I?" Melody asked still in somewhat of a daze.

         "You're in a hospital in Seoul"

         "Seoul? Wasn't I in Washington yesterday?" He frowned, not in anger, but in sadness.

         "Melody... You've been in a coma for 3 weeks. I took you here to South Korea, because I trust that these doctors will get you better a lot faster than the ones in the States. And I was right. In washington you would have probably still been in a coma."

         "Why do I feel so stiff? And what did Dan-- Daniel? What happened to him?!" She she urged to sit up but couldn't. She looked down to see that she had a cast all around her rib cage and also around her right arm. She looked at him in horror. "What happened to Daniel, last thing I remember is he was on the floor bleeding to death." She felt the tears starting, but obedietly staying there. She stared intensely at Officer Cheng, but he wouldn't look at her. He only looked down.

          "I'm sorry." Was the only thing that managed to come out. Thats what triggered the tears to run rampage down Melody's face.