002.

Dreams

“Hello Kris?”

 

 

“Look Bom, I’m really busy right now. I need to—“

 

 

"I know. I…I just want to ask if there is a possibility of you visiting Canada this month.” Bom quietly asked Kris while trying to suppress her tears. A number of people patted her back and she bowed deeply before closing the door of their house.

 

 

“You know I can’t. But I will try okay? I need to go. Bye. I’ll call you later.” Kris ended the call without giving Bom a chance to say good bye. Bom knew that what Kris meant by the word ‘I’ll call you later’ is ‘I’ll call you when I remember you’.

 

 

5 years had passed by quickly. Kris had become the famous EXO-M leader. For the first 3 years of them being apart, they maintained their relationship smoothly despite being in long distance. Kris also had the chance to visit Canada on holidays but on the third year, she didn’t know that that’s the last year she will see him. It’s been 2 years since she last saw him on flesh not only that, many problems surfaced on the 4th year of their long distance relationship. Their communication became inconsistent and it got severed when Kris debuted—just like now.  Now she didn't know if she could actually call herself as Kris' girlfriend anymore.

 

 

 

 

Bom was really delighted despite being depressed by the current events on her life when Kris rung her phone this evening. She didn’t expect him to call her back. She’s been used to it since it takes months before he calls her back. Bom thought that this call will be the step towards repairing their relationship that slowly falls apart—but she thought wrong. She and Kris are just starting to converse when she heard s calling for him. Kris wanted to end the call but Bom prevented him from doing it. That’s when they started to argue.

 

 

“All I’m asking is just a minute of your time Kris. Can’t you give it to me this time? You know you can continue talking to me even if you're going out with the boys right? I miss you Kris. The last time we talked was a month ago.” Bom sadly said.

 

 

An exasperated sigh came from the other line.

 

 

"You really don't understand me do you?"

 

 

Bom gripped the thing on her hands as tight as she can. Tears of frustration and anger rolled in her cheeks.

 

 

"I understand you...It's just that I'm also busy too yet I always find the time to call you and yet... yet you're always rejecting it. Always Kris. Why can't you spare me some time as well?"

 

 

"You understand? You've got to be kidding me! That's bull! Being an idol is busier than all of the things you are doing combined! Specially now that we are newly debuted! Do you know how stressed I am everyday with all the performances and the saesang fans?! And now you're also adding to my stress with your constant naggings! Aish! Can’t you be more understanding than that?!" Kris' voice notched an octave higher than the usual.

 

 

Bom froze at what Kris said. Slowly her contained frustration at Kris for the past 5 years seeped out.

 

 

“Wow thank you Kris! You do realize that for the past 5 years all I did was to understand you?! Last time I saw you in flesh was 3 years ago when you visited your family! Have it ever occurred to you that the rest of our relationship was built with only video calls and calls?! Have it ever occurred to you that even those things rarely happens now?! For once did you hear me complaining or asking more than that? No! Because I understand you! I know that you’re busy training that's why I tried...I tried every single time to understand you!" Bom's pent-up emotions finally bursted.

 

 

"I'm yearning for you Kris! And I’m trying every possible way that I know to save this relationship! And now…now’s the only time I’m asking something for you, I know you can’t grant my request on you coming in here but atleast stay on the phone for me even for a minute will do! I need you Kris...you're all I have." Bom ended her rants with the last sentence barely audible.

 

 

"Are you done talking now? Are you done putting the blame on me huh?!" Kris coldly said which gave Bom shivers down to her spine. It irked her so much that the only she did was to let her tears fall.

 

"You know what? If you're considering me as a stress then why don't you get rid of it? Since this is where it is heading, why don't we just break up?"

 

 

"Then break up with me." Kris replied with no emotions that broke Bom's heart more.

 

 

"Oh heck yes I will! Sorry for being a stress in your life." Bom almost whispered the last sentence and ended the call. In just a few seconds, a number of sobs came out from . She wept on the cold floor with no one to hold her and no one to comfort her. This is the first time in her life that she felt really alone.

 

 

"All I want is just your presence when I needed you the most..." Bom murmured as she clenched the portrait of her mother and father with a black ribbon tied to it. She eyed the two coffins in front of her and wept the whole night. Alone.

 

 

 

 

“What is this?” Bom lifelessly asked when Wu Ying Jie, Kris’ older sister placed a white envelope in front of her.

 

 

“Bom’s it’s been a year since you broke up with him. My brother is a mess and so do you. For once can you listen to me and heed my advice? Please get back together. That's the only solution to escape all the pain the both of you are into. I'm begging you to give him a chance. I'm begging you to give yourself a chance to be happy again. You know that you can only find it in Kris. So please stop torturing yourself. I hate to see you like this."

 

 

Silence enveloped the two ladies in the coffee shop. Bom contemplated on everything Ying Jie said because everything is true. She's just to stubborn to deny that her whole being still yearns for Kris.

 

 

"Do you know how devastated my brother looked when I told him that you migrated here in United States? Would you be surprised if I told you that he searched you in here countless times. He is even close to insanity when I kept mum on your exact location. See? I'm favoring you instead of my own brother because he deserves to have a taste of his own medicine. But now, isn't it too much already? I've already kept my promise on not telling him about your parents death so you won't get sympathy love from him but now can you keep you promise to me on trying to be happy as well? He is your happiness Bom. You need to act before it's too late. I know I can't push it to you...but can you atleast try?" Ying Jie continued.

 

 

Bom looked at the envelope intently.

 

 

"What do you want me to do then?"

 

 

Ying Jie smiled at her and held her clenched fists.

 

 

"Pay a visit on your hometown."

 

 

 

 

As soon as Bom landed in Seoul, she immediately went to the hotel Kris' sister arranged for her and headed to SM's main building. She decided to release the steel in her heart that is preventing her from accepting the fact that she needed Kris in her life. This is for her happiness. She wallowed in misery for a whole year. It's time to cope up and rid the black hole she is in.

 

 

Bom had stayed in front of the SM Building the whole night in hopes of seeing Kris. She hadn't eaten anything besides a piece of bread yesterday on the plane and its taking a toll from her now. Her energy is deteriorating rapidly. The only thing that keeps her up is her new determination to see Kris.

 

 

All the fatigue vanished in an instant the moment she saw Kris walking out the SM Building. Her jaw dropped as she take in the sight of Kris. His once black hair was now dyed blonde. He grew fairer and more handsome. The only thing that didn't changed though is his face. Tears flood in her eyes as she finally saw her lover in flesh after how many years.

 

 

"Yi Fan!" She yelled despite the other yells coming from his fans.

 

 

Unable to contain herself, she pushed herself to reach Kris. When she's a meter away from him, she jumped at Kris and hugged him--for only a split second though because she was pushed back immediately.

 

 

Kris' got exasperated with the number of fans crowding at him. He almost exploded in irritation when someone jumped and hugged him but the it quickly dispersed when his eyes met a familiar pair of loving eyes. His eyes slightly widened at the sight of Bom. Finally the girl he's been searching for is now in front of him. She've gotten more beautiful compare to the last time he saw her but it bothered him to see the darkness under her eyes. 

 

 

"Kris it's me! Bom! Have you forgotten?!" Bom pleaded when the guards kept on dragging her away from Kris whereas Kris only gave her his blank face.

 

 

"Kris--"

 

 

"Kris honey! Let's go!"

 

 

In front of Bom's eyes, a beautiful blonde woman wrapped her hands at kris arms and kissed his cheek.

 

 

Bom felt her world and her heart crumbled at the same time. Is it really too late? If she knew this would happen she could have accepted Ying Jie's proposal a tad earlier than now. 

 

 

The girl eyed Bom with a mean gaze.

 

 

"Who is she?"

 

 

"Just a saesang fan. Let's go" Kris answered as fast as a lighting like he didn't need time to think for his answer, like she is really a saesang fan not the official girlfriend--or ex-girlfriend to be exact.

 

 

Tears started to pool in her eyes. What did she expect from him after a year? He is a ladies man even before he became her boyfriend for goodness sake! Old habits die hard isn't it? But she knew he changed for her. Now she's having inner conflicts with herself. In the end she blamed herself. It's her fault since she break up with him. Of course Kris is not like her that will wallow in misery. Unlike her, Kris moved on already. She then started to doubt whether what Ying Jie told her was true about Kris being devastated up to know upon knowing her sudden disappearance.

 

 

"You made a promise not to forget me." Bom mumbled softly but Kris heard it clear as a day. He froze but Jessica urged him on to continue walking. His manager gave him a stern look and he had no choice but to comply.

 

 

She was denied in front of everybody. In front of his rumored girlfriend. Worst, she was called a saesang fan. She can't bring herself to hate him. She love him too much for that. Her mind and heart are programmed to love him and him despite the things he had done to her.

 

 

"Had fame really went up in his head?" Bom murmured before darkness clouded her field of vision.

 

 

Kris was assisting Jessica to get in the van when a loud thud and a few panicked shrieks was heard. His heart pounded as he turned around swiftly. He paled out when he saw an unconscious Bom lying in the ground a few meters away from him.

 

 

He immediately let go of Jessica's hands and was about to sprint towards Bom when he was tugged back by his manager.

 

 

"No need to be worked up, they are now tending to her." His manager said as he tried pushing Kris inside the van.

 

 

Of course he will be worked up specially now that she was surrounded and being lifted by unknown guys.

 

 

"Remember your image Kris. Don't ruin your publicity relationship with Jessica." The manager gripped his shoulder hard before nudging him forcefully inside the van.

 

 

Kris clenched his fists as he gave Bom one last longing look. God, he's an and he knew it. The chance to grab her back was in front of him but he was forced to turn away from it again.

 

 

 

 

"Kris have you and Bom met already? She said she is going to Korea" Kris' older sister called him and told him about Bom.

 

 

"No."He lied smoothly.

 

 

Then he realized something. "How did you know? I thought you have no communication with her?"

 

 

Ying Jie sighed exasperatedly on the other line. "Fine I lied. I promised her not to tell you this but since you'll eventually see her, I might as well give you a heads up. I gave her the plane ticket Kris. I asked her to fix your relationship with each other."

 

 

Kris felt guilty in an instant. He just made a big wrong move awhile ago and he's regretting it to bits. "Ah. I see." 

 

 

"You don't sound good. Is everything okay?"

 

 

"Yes jie jie. Just tired."

[jie jie - older sister]

 

 

"You should rest then. Aigoo I really hope you and Bom will meet asap. That girl really needs you after all the tragedies in her life." His sister said continuously since she revealed the first part of her promise to Kris, why not unravel it completely to him?

 

 

Kris sat up from lying down in his bed.

 

 

"W-what do you mean jie jie?"

 

 

"Kris...the day that you two broke up is the funeral of Bom's parents. They died from a plane crash."

 

 

 

 

Bom clutched her chest as she laid on the cold hard ground. She didn't knew that people had the heart to take advantage of her when she's all helpless and unconscious. She was , no doubt by the stickiness she is feeling on her whole body as well as the blood dripping on her legs. If she knew this would happen, she could have controlled her body not to faint a while ago. But it's too late, with her situation right now, she knew Kris would never look at her the same way again even if they made up.

 

 

Many people believe that suicide is not the solution for getting away from the problems. But they never know the real feelings of that person. When your parents died, when you lose hope between you and your boyfriend and when you are ... Do you think one could still think rightly? Given that all those situations happen consecutively? No. People going under this series of tragedies needed someone to talk to, someone to show that they still care.

 

Unfortunately for Bom she has none of the above. Thus her self-destruction.

 

 

 

 

For unknown reasons Kris' heart pounded unusually fast. When he got hold of the hotel and the room of Bom, he sprinted towards it in no time. Kris kept on knocking at Bom's door but no one replies. When he twisted the knob, he found it open. Gulping, his eyes scan the pristine room and the lone luggage at the center of the room.

 

 

"She's leaving" Kris mumbled as his heart panicked more.

 

 

"Bom? Bommie it's Kris." He tried calling for her but still she didn't respond.

 

 

He halted at the faint sound of running water. He knocked before opening it slowly but slammed it when he saw the bath tub's clear water turned bloody red. Bom's left wrist was slit opened and she's currently holding a blade over her right hand. Fear crept up in his whole system as he saw a crying Bom at the corner of the tub. She looked pale and weak and Kris knew that if he didn't act soon, he'll lose Bom completely. But too late, just when he was inches from taking the blade away from her hand, she already slitted her right wrist completely.

 

 

"Bom why?" Was the only thing he could whisper as she bathe herself in her blood.

 

 

He immediately grabbed her wounded hands and tied it with a handkerchief to prevent the blood from gushing more.

 

 

"Bom...Bommie looked at me. Looked at me please. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." His voice cracked as he repeatedly tapped and kiss Bom's cheeks to wake her up from her blank stupor. She's crying but her gaze was blank as she fixed her stare on the sink in front of her. She looked like a lifeless doll in front of him. His heart break into million pieces when he find her pulse weak.

 

 

He grabbed his phone and fidgetingly yelled for the ambulance to come. Kris embraced Bom's body tightly as tears of self hate ran on his cheeks. If he only didn't ignore her this day and for the past few years.

 

 

"I'm sorry Bommie. I'm sorry. Don't leave me okay? Okay?" Kris chanted on her ear as he finally picked her up and rushed her downstairs. He can't wait for the ambulance any longer. She might die if he didn't act fast. He thanked God when the ambulance arrived just in time he reached the lobby area of the hotel.

 

 

While on the ambulance, Kris didn't removed his hold on Bom's hand as he cried silently.

 

 

"Kris..." Kris looked up when Bom called. She finally looked at him and he instantly showered her face with butterfly kisses. She dragged her bloody hand on his face. She tried opening to speak but Kris shook his head as he offered her a smile.

 

 

"Don't force yourself baby. It'll only hurt more." He assuredly said but Bom shook her head. She urged him to come closer and he complied. He put his ears in front of her parted lips.

 

 

"Y-yi f-fan...I...l-love you f-forever. R-rem...ember...tha--"

 

 

Bom wasn't able to finish her sentence when the life line apparatus that is connected to her suddenly started beeping. Kris panicked as he saw the lines going flatter and flatter.

 

 

"No..no.. Bom stay with me okay?! PARK BOM! DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE ME! PARK BOM!" Kris yelled as he frantically looked over Bom's closing eyes and  the life line on his side.

 

 

He was moved away as the nurses defibrillates Bom in hopes of reviving her heart...

 

 

 

 

 

 

...but even after mamy attempts, Park Bom's heart cannot be revived.

 

 

Kris didn't bother hiding to others his grief as he cried next to Bom's body. He wanted to scream as he felt his heart being squeezed so tight. As if it was taken away and crushed in front of him. She was dead on arrival. The doctor said too much blood had been lost. He was also informed that their autopsy confirmed that she was as well adding more to Kris' grief.

 

 

Bom was gone.

 

 

Kris wept as a small clank was heard on the floor.

Their supposed engagement ring.

 

 

That’s when he realized that his ultimate dream is not being an artist. It is waking up beside Bom every morning, happily living with her and their kids on their dream house in Canada.

 

 

Bom was gone.  His dream is gone.  Everything for Kris is gone.

 

 

The moment Bom died, she took his everything away. He regretted not being there for here when she need him the most. He regretted not sparing her enough time. He regretted not giving her priority among other things.

 

 

Regrets are truly served in the end.

 

 

 

So it is finished! Mwehehe I'm cruel aren't I? But you know some things are bound to happen for a reason. Thank you for subscribing and reading this story of mine! Hope I'll see you guys on my future stories! :D