001.

Dreams

2007 Vancouver, Canada

 

 

"This is for his dream Park Bom. Stay strong." 

 

 

Bom chanted to herself over and over again as she eyed her boyfriend sorting and packing his stuffs with a delighted face.

 

 

Slowly things in this room will be hidden on those bags and will be soon empty. Bom shuddered at the impending reality. Her eyes stung at the thought of not seeing Kris for a long time. She was too attached and too used to see him everyday that it became a norm on her daily life.

 

 

Gathering her courage, she take a deep breath and wiped the tears that rolled in her cheeks. She approached Kris and gave him a

back-hug.

 

 

"Congraaaaaats!" She peppered Kris' cheeks and neck with her sloppy kisses. Bom didn't stopped because she knew in the next few days, the only thing that she will be kissing is his pictures.

 

 

Kris laughed and gave Bom a wide smile. "Thank you Bommie! If not for you, I know I won't make it."

 

 

Bom slapped his arm playfully. "Hul~ what me? Of course it's all in you! I didn't even do anything. I just stand there and waited for you kekeke. They can't resist your awesomeness and charisma specially when you started rapping that's why you make it!"

 

 

Kris held both of Bom's arms that are wrapped on his waist tightly. He tilted his head and kissed the crown of Bom's head that is leaning on his right shoulder.

 

 

"Nope. I made it all because of my beautiful girlfriend's trust and support ever since Day 1. Without her I'm nothing. Just like how she's nothing without me right? right?" He said arrogantly as he kept on nudging her constantly using his shoulder.

 

 

Yes I will be once you left for Korea. Bom thought bitterly. Another tear slid down on her cheek. She's thankful that she is facing Kris' back or else he will see her cry. She mumbled a 'hmm' as she tried her best to control her tears. In just a few more days, she will not be able to hear those words again.

 

 

This morning, Kris got a call that he got accepted at SM's Global Audition. Seeing Kris getting moony-eyed and beaming, she can't make herself to be selfish and take away the dream that he is longing for. If she's only selfish, she won't let Kris go. Unfortunately she is not, specially when she knew that he is now one step closer to his dreams.

 

 

Gulping and wiping again the tears on her cheeks, she inhaled a deep breath to compose herself. With her cheerful façade on, she faced Kris completely.

 

 

"Since you're going to Korea I will give you a background about Korea as well as teach you some basic Korean! C'mon pack that later. You still have 3 days left to pack so c'mon! I promise I will help you now move move!" 

 

 

Bom urged Kris to stand up but he whined and instead laid back in the bed.

 

 

"Can't we do it tomorrow? I just want to sleep!" He then pulled Bom towards his bed making her fall flat on top of him. He hugged her tightly as he nuzzeld his face on Bom's hair.

 

 

"Aigoo this lazy bum! Learning Korean is not easy! Remember not all people in Korea can converse in English as well as Chinese so you don't have any choice but to learn Korean! Now stand up or else I will not bake your favorite cake later."

 

 

"You will bake me a cake?!" He excitedly said. Bom smiled at the childish glint on Kris' eyes.

 

 

"Yep I will, only if you let me go now and--" Bom was cut off when Kris sat up immediately, dragging her along and kissed her on the lips. 

 

 

"Yes mam!"

 

 

Bom chuckled at Kris. 

 

 

"Good! Now face me and listen carefully to all the things that I will be saying." She then shifted on Kris' bed and started her lecture 101.

 

 

For two hours straight, the two remained on Kris' bed as Bom taught him basic words and a list of things to-do and not-to-do in Korea. Soon Kris got tired of it and eventually fell asleep. Bom smiled at the sight of Kris' sleeping face. Just a minute ago, he said he will only lie down but will still listen to her yet the moment she went to the bathroom and came back, Kris was already sleeping.

 

 

Bom inched closer and adjusted Kris' sleeping position into a comfortable one. She lie down beside him and brushed away the black locks that is hiding his closed eyes from her. Slowly she traced Kris' facial features with her finger and memorized every single detail of it though she already memorized it by heart since then. Her finger stopped at Kris' parted red thin lips. Running her thumb along it, she leaned and gave it peck.

 

 

"I love you Wu Yi Fan, always remember that. I will miss you." Bom mumbled on Kris' lip with a tear drop falling on his cheeks that woke him up. 

 

 

He was about to tease Bom but found her cramped up on his chest, hugging him tightly that he almost could not breathe. He heard stifled sobs and felt a wetness on his chest area. That's when he realized that Bom is crying. He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer.

 

 

"Bommie...are you crying?" He mumbled ever so softly at her though he clearly knew the answer.

 

 

Surprised by Kris' sudden action, Bom pulled away and looked at Kris with her tear-streaked face. Kris' heart clenched at the sight of Bom's red face and wide teary eyes. He could see pain on Bom's eyes. Why didn't he noticed it awhile ago?

 

 

"O-of course not!" Bom laughed nervously as she rubbed her eyes to wipe the tears away.

 

 

"Then why are their tears on your eyes?" Kris asked with raised brows.

 

 

Bom fiddled for answers. "I-it..i-it's because I yawned! Yeah! That's why t-there are yeah tears in my eyes y'know. Woo! I felt recharged!" Bom nervously chuckled at Kris as she turned her head away from him and faked stretchings.

 

 

"Then tell me why is my shirt wet as well?"

 

 

Bom panicked more and blurted the first thing that came in . "B-because of y-your roof! Yeah your roof has a hole on it and raindrops fell on it a while ago that's why."

 

 

Kris chuckled at Bom's reason. "Bommie, how could there be raindrops if the sun is scorching hot at this moment."

 

 

Bom flushed at her boyfriend's comment.

 

 

"C'mon Bom, it's okay if you're crying right now. No one is here to judge you."

 

 

She looked at Kris longingly. Bom bit hard on her lip to prevent her tears from flowing but it can't be helped, her floodgates had opened.She let go and sobbed uncontrollably as she struggled to speak.

 

 

"I-it's not o-kay! I-i should be s-strong  for you... but I can't! H-here I am c-crying instead of sh-showing you that I am strong a-and you can leave w-without w-worrying about me...I'm sorry..." Bom said through her tears.

 

 

Kris' heart broke at the sight of Bom crying for him. He pulled her closer and cupped her tear-streaked face. 

 

 

"Don't be sorry. I should be the one to apologize for being selfish and not considering your feelings on this matter. I'm sorry." Kris wiped the tears on Bom's cheeks and for a moment he doubted his decision on pursuing being an artist at Korea.

 

 

Bom saw the indecision and internal struggles on Kris' eyes. He was about to speak when Bom covered his mouth and shook her head.

 

 

"Don't. Don't throw your dreams away for me. This is why....this is why I don't want you to see me like this."

 

 

"But--" Kris started to protest but Bom cut him off.

 

 

"No Kris. Please. Just promise me one thing...that's all I needed and everything will be okay." Bom pleaded.

 

 

Kris slowly nodded and asked her what it is. Bom exhaled a shaky breathe and looked at him intently on the eyes.

 

 

"Don't forget about me."

 

 

Kris smiled at Bom and gave out a small chuckle. 

 

 

"That I will and can never do. I promise you I will not forget about you. Promise me one thing as well." Kris held her hand and Bom gasped when Kris slipped a gold ring on her ring finger from out of nowhere.

 

 

 

He looked at her intently with eyes holding love and promise. Slowly he kissed her lips softly and caressed her cheeks lovingly. Kris parted from the kiss and gave Bom his special smile only reserved for her.

 

 

"When we're settled with our careers in the future and achieved our dreams, promise me you will wait for me and marry me."

 

 

Another batch of tears fell from Bom's eyes. Overwhelmed by the emotions she felt at the moment, she closed the distance between their faces and kissed him, hard. 

 

 

She rolled on top of Kris and whispered on his lips. "Yes Kris. I will. I will wait and marry you. I promise."

 

 

Kris smiled and rest his hands on her hips. "I'm glad you will."

 

 

 

 

"Make sure to remember all the Korean words that I had taught you huh? And don't give people your face okay? Try to be friendly!" Bom reminded Kris. Tomorrow is his departure for Korea and she steeled herself to temporarily forget the hurtful fact that is bound to happen tomorrow.

 

 

"Yeah yeah I will Mom." Kris mocked Bom with a playful wink.

 

 

"How dare this kid!" Bom huffed.

 

 

"I'm not a kid. Do I look like one huh?" Kris raised his brow as he bragged his height on Bom.

 

 

"Psh! Using your giant height as an advantage."

 

 

Kris shrugged arrogantly while Bom rolled her eyes. She removed her seatbelt when they finally reached her house. Silence enveloped the two of them. Kris finally decided to break the ice.

 

 

"So I guess I'll see you at the airport tomorrow?"

 

 

Bom bit her lip and held tighter at Kris' hand that she is holding from the moment they rode his car. She pouted and faced her boyfriend.

 

 

"Kris, I still have a surprise for you. Come inside first? Please?" Bom looked at Kris and batted her eyelashes, a puppy and pleading look can be seen on her eyes.

 

 

Kris groaned and grunted. "You really know that my weakness is your eyes aren't you?"

 

 

Bom grinned widely and winked at him.

 

 

"Admit it, you can't resist me." 

 

 

Kris smirked and an evil glint formed on his eyes. He removed his seatbelt and reclined Bom's seat. "Of course I can because if not..." 

 

 

He suddenly leaned at Bom's ear. "...I'll be probably taking you down right here right now."

 

 

He gave a slight nip at her ear before getting out of the car while laughing and walking towards her doorstep.

 

 

Bom's face turned beet red. She furiously get out of the car as well. Grabbing her heel, she aimed and throw it at the back of Kris' head. 

 

 

"Aw! What's that for babe?!"

 

 

"You ert!" 

 

 

"I'm just kidding you know!"

 

 

"HUL! WHATEVER!"

 

 

Bom grumpily walked ahead of Kris and opened her door. Kris continued laughing while looking at the back of his girlfriend. Slowly, his laughs died down when he remembered what will happen tomorrow. He shook his head and threw that thought away.

 

 

"So what's your surprise?" Kris inquired while looking around the house. "And where's your parents?"

 

 

Bom bit her lip and brought out a red velvet cake she made yesterday.

 

 

"They will be back tomorrow night. And this is my surprise. Turn around." 

 

 

Kris turned around and his eyes widened when he saw Bom carrying his favorite cake.

 

 

"Woah! For me? Wait. Y-you baked it?!" 

 

 

Bom shyly nodded. It's a known fact that Bom couldn't cook nor bake properly. She spent the whole day and whole night yesterday in perfecting this cake. 

 

 

"H-have taste." Bom offered Kris a slice. Kris eagerly munched it as Bom anxiously anticipated his response. With his poker face on, she can't really determine his reaction. Kris suddenly stopped chewing and put the plate down.

 

 

Bom felt sad. Even in the last moments they are together, she failed him. She hung her head low.

 

 

"I'm sorry. I guess I didn't tried my best afterall. I...I'll just get you some water okay?" Bom forced a smile and was about to turn around when Kris pulled her on his lap.

 

 

He looked at her seriously. "That....is the best red velvet cake I ever tasted."

 

 

Bom's eyes widened. "R-really?"

 

 

"Really." Finally a small smile stretched his lips. He didn't say it just to make Bom feel better, he say it because it is the truth and he will treasure this moment forever.

 

 

"So, is there any surprises left?" Kris asked.

 

 

Bom turned red in an instant. She meekly looked at Kris and played with her fingers. Kris looked confusedly at her.

 

 

"What is it Bommie?"

 

 

She bit her lip and inhaled. "Y-you know...uhm..."

 

 

"I know what?" 

 

 

"M-my parents w-will be back tomorrow n-night..." Bom started fiddling the hem of her blouse because she is really nervous for this.

 

 

"Yeah. You just mentioned it a while ago. Then?" Kris continued munching the cake Bom baked for him. His whole focus is on the cake that he didn't noticed what Bom is currently doing.

 

 

"S-s-so...I...I-i...d-decided that t-tonight is the right time...t-to...g-give in t-to you." Bom was red as a tomato as she said those words.

 

 

Kris stopped munching in an instant. He finally looked at Bom and got the shock of his life when he saw that the button of her blouse was undone and her red bra was peeking.

 

 

"HOLY ! W-what...I-i....! D-don't t-tell me you're implying..." He dropped the plate and jumped out of his seat.

 

 

Bom turned redder and met Kris' gaze at her. Kris cursed at Chinese when Bom looked at him with sultry eyes. She clearly have no idea what she is doing to him.

 

 

"T-this is my second s-surprise to you..." 

 

 

"Are you sure?"

 

 

"I-i w-want you to be my first and last..." Bom meekly replied. Her eyes casted downwards.

 

 

Kris felt his heart was about to burst by the amount of love Bom is giving to him. He now questioned his self if he really deserves this.

 

 

"God Bommie, you'll be the death of me."

 

 

Bom yelped when Kris grabbed her towards him and kissed her with a burning desire. Before he take this to another level, he looked at Bom and held her cheek. "Tell me when you don't want to go further and I will stop. If you had a sudden change of mind just say the word and I will."

 

 

"I'm 100% sure Kris. Take me." A determined look from Bom made Kris groan.

 

 

He grunted at . "I really love you so ing much." 

 

 

 

 

 

On the way to the airport, Bom and Kris acted like Kris is not leaving Canada for a long time. They chatted like a chatterbox,

shared silly stories anything just to retain that smile on each other's faces. They don't want to see tears, all they want to see are smiles of happiness.

 

 

But when Kris checked-in his luggages, Bom felt the fear and longing brewing inside her heart. Kris is holding Bom's hand tightly as ever and Bom did the same. Unlike a while ago, this time they are in a complete silence as they sat at the waiting terminal.

 

 

No one uttered a word. Kris' family let the two lovers have their own  time together.

 

 

"Attention passengers. All passengers of Flight KE5901 heading to Seoul, Korea should now be on board the aircraft at Gate 30. Thank you."

 

 

Bom tightened her hands at Kris hands to the point that blood barely rushes on his palms but Kris didn't mind. He want to feel all of her warmth as much as possible.

 

 

"Kris honey, you need to board now." Kris' mother tapped his son's shoulder lovingly.

 

 

Kris didn't move an inch but Bom did. She had to. She exhaled a shaky breath as she contained her tears. With all her strength she stand up and tried pulling Kris to stand up too.

 

 

Putting her cheery facade, she looked at flicked Kris' forehead.

 

 

"C'mon giant you need to go. You don't want to run at the last minute aren't you?" 

 

 

"Stop."

 

 

Bom stopped her tugging.

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"I said ing stop! Stop smiling at me like everything is alright Bom! I know you're hurting Bom!" Kris snapped at Bom.

 

 

Bom bit her lip as she tried not to break down in front of him.

 

 

"Then what do you want me to do huh?! Mope around because you're leaving and give you sad memories to bring in Korea huh?! This is the only way I can do something for you even if you are miles away from me Kris! To give you all the smile and support I can muster in my whole system!" Bom didn't noticed that tears are already streaming on her cheeks.

 

 

"Then I don't want that!"

 

 

"What do you mean?"

 

 

"I'm not leaving. I can't bear to be miles away from you Bom. I will not leave." He said with finality. It shocked Bom to the core. She thought they had settled this the other day.

 

 

"We're going home." Kris grabbed his hand carry bag and pulled Bom's hand but Bom pulled away.

 

 

She slapped Kris but Kris didn't mind the pain and stayed on that position.

 

 

"Don't throw your dreams for me Kris! Didn't I told you about that a few days ago huh?! I thought you understand! I don't deserve it Kris! Go now or I will break up with you and I promise you...I promise you that you will never ever see me again.." Bom remove the ring Kris gave her and lifted it towards the trash can.

 

 

Kris' eyes widened. He panicked being torn between what to do.

 

 

"Go or I will." Bom threatened, the ring a strand away from falling towards the trash can.

 

 

"I will." Kris finally said.

 

 

Bom sighed in relief and wore the ring back. She gave a teary smile at Kris as Kris leaned his forehead to hers.

 

 

"Don't waver Kris. Not now. Not ever. Stay strong. For you, for me, for us. Just rememer our promise and everythign will be okay. Okay?"

 

 

Kris nodded as his heart clenched with Bom's state. Even if he is not showing it, his heart is already crying inside.

 

 

"Son, you need to go." His mother and father looked at him with sad yet happy eyes. His other family members are crying and some are wishing him luck.

 

 

Kris hugged his mother and father as well as his other relatives to bid good bye. He went back to Bom.

 

 

"This is the Final Boarding Call for all passengers of Flight KE5901 heading to Seoul, South Korea. Please board the aircraft at Gate 30. Thank you."

 

 

Bom felt her heart being squeezed at the announcement. She panicked as more tears kept flowing on her cheeks. For a split second, she thought of taking back everything she said and let Kris remain here in Canada. 

 

 

She hugged Kris tightly. She slid an envelope to Kris' jacket and handed him an alpaca stufftoy. Kris held on it tightly. Unable to control herself anymore, she broke down on Kris' chest.

 

 

"I love you Kris. Always have, always will." She tiptoed and kissed Kris passionately in the middle of the airport not minding other people's stares.

 

 

 

"I love you too Bom. Always have, always will." Kris untangled his self from Bom's hug. He turned around with unshed tears on his eyes.

 

 

"Kris..." Bom whimpered as he saw Kris' retreating back. She could hear her heart breaking for every step Kris took away from her.

 

 

"KRIS!" Bom yelled out loud but Kris continued walking. Unable to contain her steel resolve, she ran towards him.

 

 

"WU YI FAN!" She hugged him tightly on the back. Kris clenched his fist and closed his eyes shut tightly when he felt Bom's warmth on his back. Slowly, he turned around and hugged her back.

 

 

"I will be back. I promise you that. I will return to fulfill my promise to you. Always remember that." Kris whispered at Bom. Bom nodded frantically as she clutched at Kris.

 

 

"Calling the attention of passenger Wu Yi Fan to board the plane."

 

 

"I had to go Bom."

 

 

"No.." Bom cried out as she clutched more at Kris.

 

 

Kris slowly pried her arms away from her embrace on him. With one last deep kiss on her forehead, he walked towards the boarding gate without looking back. He just can't see Bom crying for him like that. He can't.

 

 

Bom slumped on the airport's floor, crying her heart out. Kris' older sister approached her and hugged her.

 

 

"It's okay Bom. Yifan will be back okay?"

 

 

"Have I...Have I done the right thing?" Bom asked.

 

 

Kris' sister smiled at her.

 

 

"Yes dear you did and I'm proud of what you did."

 

****

 

Ta-da! So here is the update! I hope you all like it. There's one more chapter left :D Thank you for subscribing and reading ^^ Hope to see your comments in here. Annyeong~




PS: Kris doing gwiyomi //le dies