Chapter 2

Unexpected: Will You Be Her Omma?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days has passed since the incident at the park. Nana was recovering well and was told that she could be discharged today. Hearing this, Jung Ah decided to send Soo Jin to school again since the little one has been absent from school for the past two days.

However, it wasn’t easy to get the little one to school since she had wanted to accompany her appa 24/7. After much persuasion and a bag of gummy bears, Soo Jin finally gave in and went home with Jung Ah to change into her school uniform. The latter then sent her granddaughter to school.

After sending Soo Jin to school, Jung Ah had no idea what to do. Nana had told her that she should pick Soo Jin up from school and then pick Nana from the hospital so they could go home. Jung Ah looked at the time on her phone, it was only 9:30 am and Soo Jin will only be dismissed at 3 pm. She remembered how her daughter hated the hospital food and knowing how Nana is so picky when it comes to food, Jung Ah decided to go home and cook some spaghetti for her family.

 

*

 

Yuri was marking the attendance of her class when she realized that Soo Jin was finally back in school. She had been worrying that Soo Jin might have transferred to another school after the incident two nights ago.

“Yah Kwon Yuri, stop daydreaming! I hired you as a teacher to teach not to daydream!” Jessica Jung, Yuri’s boss and the owner of the school snapped Yuri back to reality.

“Aish. Sica, I wasn’t daydreaming. I was just thankful that Soo Jin didn’t transfer out of this school.” Yuri tried to explain.

Jessica gave Yuri a puzzled look.

“You know what? We’ll talk about it during lunch. I need to check on my wife who is currently baking cookies.” Jessica said before leaving the classroom.

Yuri finished marking the attendance of the children and quickly started on the first activity.

 

*

 

(During lunch break)

 

“Aigo. Kids, don’t fight. There should be more than enough cookies for everyone.” Yuri tried to break apart a group of children from her class who were fighting for the cookies since they were done with their lunch.

“But!” Before the child could even reason out, Yuri placed two cookies on each and every one of the plates that were on the table.

“See, it’s enough.” The children quietly ate the cookies.

Seeing the children have settled down, Yuri went to the table where the teachers were having their lunch but something caught her eye. In a corner of the canteen, she saw Soo Jin having lunch by herself. Well, that was normal but what was worrying was that the bowl of chicken porridge and plate of cookies seemed to be untouched. Yuri sighed and made her way to Soo Jin.

“Soo Jin, why are you not eating?” Yuri questioned the young girl.

“It reminds me of the food that appa has to eat at the hospital. Appa said it tastes bad.” Soo Jin puffed her cheeks. Yuri had to stop herself from pinching those adorable cheeks.

“Soo Jin, this is different. The porridge here doesn’t taste bad at all. Ok why don’t you have the cookies?” Yuri tried to convince the child to at least eat something.

“I can’t eat it. Appa can’t eat cookies now. So I can’t too.” Soo Jin was already tearing up.

Yuri had almost wanted to just bang her head against the table but she composed herself.

“Ok, why don’t I eat with you? Since your appa can’t eat the cookies now, I can. Wait here. I’ll get my lunch.”

Yuri sprinted to the teacher’s table, grabbed her bowl of chicken porridge, her lunchbox and her plate of cookies and made her way back to where Soo Jin was sitting. Since the chairs were too small for her, she decided to just pull the one next to Soo Jin out and instead sat on the floor next to Soo Jin.

The little one grinned at what her teacher was doing but she got curious as to what was inside her teacher’s lunchbox and who had packed it for her.

“Teacher Yuri, what’s inside this?” Soo Jin pointed to the Mickey Mouse lunchbox.

“Hmmm. I’m not sure too. My sister made it for me.” No sweet potato related things please. Pretty please. I’m sick of it. Yuri wished in her mind.

When Yuri opened her lunchbox, she could only sigh in relief. Her sister had made for her peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Her sister must have been in a hurry to leave for school to pack for her something besides sweet potato.

“Woaaaah” Yuri turned to her right and saw that her student was drooling while looking at her sandwich. Knowing that it isn’t healthy to be feeding her student with peanut butter and jelly sandwich, she quickly closed her lunchbox.

“Let’s have the porridge! I bet it tastes better than the sandwich!” Yuri tried to convince the little girl. She brought her bowl of chicken porridge nearer to her and scooped some of it and fed herself a spoonful, “Mmmm. Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter