Here Comes Trouble

Unexpected: Will You Be Her Omma?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soo Jin and Nana were lying down on the grass and were just looking at the sky.

"Appa! Look at the moon. It's so pretty! A pity there is no stars." The 5-year-old Soo Jin snuggled closer to her appa's chest.

"What are you talking about? There's a star right next to me."

"Huh where? I don't see it." Soo Jin scratched her head cutely.

Nana giggled, "It's you, Soo Jin-ah."

Soo Jin buried her head on her appa's chest. There was a comfortable silence for a little while between the father-daughter pair.

"Appa, how was omma like?"  

Nana paused to think of her dead lover, "She was beautiful, kind-hearted, warm, funny. She was like a star to me."

“But appa, you said I’m your star!” Soo Jin pouted.

“I have a few stars in my heart, Soo Jin-ah.”

“Is Teacher Yuri like omma?” Nana was dumbfounded by how random her daughter could be.

“Why did you ask?”

“Because I feel like she loves me a lot and she's like what you had described omma. Can Teacher Yuri be my omma?” Soo Jin asked innocently.

Nana almost choked on her own saliva. First it was her parents and now her daughter. Is everyone that desperate for her to get herself a new girlfriend/lover/wife?

“I don’t know, Soo Jin. Do you want her to be your omma?” 

Soo Jin didn’t even hesitate to answer her appa’s question. The little girl pushed herself off her appa’s chest and looked straight into her appa’s eyes.

“Yes appa yes! I want an omma! Teacher Yuri is very nice and I want her to be my omma! Appa, make her my omma!!” Soo Jin pestered Nana while pouting.

Nana seeing her daughter’s aegyo, melted instantly. “Aigo! Arasso. Appa will think about it.”

“Why do you have to think about it? Just ask her to be my omma! It’s really simple!” Soo Jin asked curiously.

“I wish it was that easy, kid.”

“Huh? It isn’t?” Soo Jin’s eyes widened as though her appa had just told her that Santa Claus doesn’t exist and it was her appa who has been giving her presents all these years.

Nana chuckled. She knew it was pretty pointless to explain the whole relationship thing to a five-year-old. So she picked up her kid and sat up. “You will understand someday, Soo Jin. For now, let’s go home. It’s late and you have school tomorrow. You want to see Teacher Yuri, right?”

Upon hearing that, the little girl quickly got up from her appa’s lap and tried to help her appa to stand up. Once the latter was up and ready to go, the duo walked hand in hand back home. It was pretty quiet between the two until Soo Jin kept tugging Nana’s hand. Nana looked down and gave her daughter a questioning look.

“Appa, look! Someone is in trouble!” Soo Jin pointed out to two figures that seem to be fighting.

“Help!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter