Dinner With Kim Family

Freyja's Love Journey

At exactly 6:00 pm, Freyja rings the doorbell in Kim Family’s Residence.

Kibum smiled when he opened the door and saw Freyja.

“Come in.” he said.

“Y-Yeah.” She said. She’s nervous and she can’t understand why.

Funny but she acts like a girlfriend that meeting the parents of her boyfriend for the first time.

‘Calm down, Freyja. It is just a dinner with your neighbor!’ she thought.

Finally, they entered the living room.

“Umma, appa, I’d like you to meet our new neighbor, Freyja Norse.” Kibum said.

“Good evening, ma’am, sir.” Freyja greets.

“You can call me auntie.” Mrs. Kim said.

“And you can call me uncle.” Mr. Kim said.

The couple is happy to meet Freyja.

“Where’s Sei Hee?” Kibum asks.

“She’s upstairs. Call her now.” Mrs. Kim said.

“No need. I’m right here.” A girl said.

Freyja stares at the girl. If she’s not wrong, the girl must be in first year high school.

“Hello! My name is Sei Hee and I’m Kibum oppa’s younger sister.” The girl said.

“Hi, Sei Hee.” She said. “I like your name, it’s cute.”

“I like her now, oppa.” Sei Hee said to her brother.

“Sei Hee likes the people who said her name is cute.” Kibum whispered to Freyja.

“Ah…” Freyja said.

“Let’s start our dinner.” Mrs. Kim said. “I cooked delicious foods from South Korea. I am sure you’ll gonna like it.”

Freyja is excited to taste all the foods that Mrs. Kim cooked. It will be her first time to eat Korean dishes.

In the middle of their dinner, everyone keeps on asking question to Freyja.

“Can you cook?” Sei Hee asks.

“Yes. I can cook Filipino dishes and also I bake too.” She said.

“Really? Your boyfriend is lucky.” Sei Hee said.

“I don’t have a boyfriend.” She said.

“Ex-boyfriends?” Sei Hee asks.

“None. I’m a NBSB.” She said.

“NBSB?” Kibum asks.

“No. Boyfriend. Since. Birth.” She said.

“But why? You’re beautiful.” Mrs. Kim said.

“I am not allowed to have a boyfriend until I finished my studies.” She said.

“IS she strict?” Kibum asks.

“Not really. She is just afraid that I might end up the same thing that happened to her.” She said.

The Kim Family already knows her story because of Kibum.

……………………………………………………….

After the dinner, they proceed to the entertainment room to play some video games.

“Everyone, the night doesn’t ends without picture taking!” Mr. Kim said.

Kibum grabs her hand and brings her to the sofa.

The Kim Family took a picture with Freyja.

Freyja is happy that the Kim Family treats her like a part of their family. Her worries about being outcast in a foreign country are gone because right now, she has a new best friend and a new family.

……………………………………………………….

When it is almost midnight, Freyja thanked the Kim family before going home.

She is now in her bedroom when she noticed that someone is throwing some pebbles on her window and when she checks who it is, it was Kibum.

“What is it?” she asks.

Instead of answering her, Kibum climbs up on the tree and jumps on the terrace of her bedroom.

“Why did you do that? What if you fall?” she angrily asks.

“Sorry. I know that the doors are already locked and I don’t want to bother you opening it so I thought that the best way to get up here is to climb up the tree.” He said.

“Ok fine. I’ll let this off but next time, don’t do it, ok?” Freyja said.

Kibum nodded.

“Now, what is it?” she asks.

“I forgot to give this you.” He said and shows a necklace.

He puts the necklace on her neck.

“It symbolizes our friendship.” He said.

“It’s beautiful.” She said. “Thanks.”

She hugs him as a thank you.

“You should sleep now. We still have classes tomorrow morning.” He said.

“You too.” She said.

Once again, he used the tree to get down.

Freyja went back to her room after making sure that Kibum get down safely.

……………………………………………………….

Freyja and Kibum became really close to each other that even their families too.

Every Saturday when Freyja’s mom, Mayura, cooks delicious Filipino dishes and shares it to the Kim Family while every Sunday, Mrs. Kim cooks some delicious Korean dishes and shares it to Freyja and Mayura.

On their first Christmas in California, Mrs. Kim invited Freyja and her mom to spend their Christmas with them and now, every time there are occasions, the two families are always celebrating together.

……………………………………………………….

Saturday afternoon, Kibum and Freyja decided to have a walk on the park.

“Why Freyja?” Kibum asks. They are seating under the big tree.

“What?” she asks.

“Why is your name Freyja? It is kinda unique, you know.” He said.

“Ah… That’s because my surname is Norse. Norse is the same name of Norse Mythology. So, when my mom is pregnant, she thinks of a name of a goddess from Norse Mythology. If I am a boy, she will call me Freyr, God of Plenty, son of Njord and Freyja’s twin brother. If I am a girl, she will call me Freyja, Goddess of Love, Fertility and ual Desire.” She explained.

“You did some research, haven’t you?” he said.

“It’s my mom who explained it to me.” She said.

“Before I forgot, my dad’s name also comes from Norse Mythology. His name is Odin. Odin is the Norse Biggy, he is the father of the gods, king of Asgard, ruler of the Aesir and the lord of war, death and Knowledge.” She said.

“I think I should learn about Norse Mythology.” He said.

“Let’s go.” She said.

“Where?” he asks.

“Mom will gonna cook dinner for us, remember?” she said. “This is her first time to cook Korean dishes that auntie taught her.”

“What are we waiting for? Let’s go.” He said.

The two left the park while holding hands.


Last Edited: March 20, 2014