Reminds me of you

Reminiscing

Baekhyun's pov

 

I was walking through the street of Seoul on this Sunny day.
I smiled as I look up to the sky as I sip to my coffee .

The sky was blue and clear.

I passed through many people looking at me, maybe I'm too handsome to stare at. HAHA, just kidding. Maybe because I was smiling like a fool.

I walk and walk not knowing where I'll go, but my feet lead me to the park. I saw many Children playing. I sat down to the bench.

I'm scanning the whole park.

I saw many couples holding hands, giggling as they whisper sweet words to each other, some are carrying their babies. *sighs* I was like that too.

A year ago.

I looked down as my past girlfriend image flashes to my mind. I shook my head to that thought. * Baekhyun, don't ruin your day. Remember you already moved on. *
Just then a little girl caught my attention.

I think she's around 6 years old.

She's wearing a small ribbon on her head and wearing a cute dress.

*cute* She lifted her head and I saw her face. She's crying *aww :( *

Her cries are getting louder.

Some people just looked at her. I began to panic. * what should I do? is she hurt? is she lost? * i knocked my head * Byun baekhyun, how would you know if you'll not ask her *
I quickly went to the crying little girl. " Hey, why are you crying little girl? are you lost? or did you got hurt? " I tried to reach her hand but she moved back.
* oh right, I'm a stranger * she continues to cry. I tried to caressed her back. " there, there. C'mon Ahjussi don't bite, tell ahjussi what's wrong so I can help you " She just stared at me and cried louder. Now some people looking at us. 
" Stop crying little princess, if you stop crying I'll treat you an ice cream " She stopped crying and looked at me. * nice! * " J-jinjja ahjussi?

" Yes, but first tell ahjussi what's wrong " She began to get teary again * oh no, not again *
" okay okay. I'll just buy you ice cream first, but later tell ahjussi okay? " she stopped crying again and nodded her head. " stay here, I'll be back " 
I ran quickly to the nearest Ice cream shop and bought her some cookies and cream. * cookies 'n cream, that's her favorite * I smiled to the vendor as she gave me the ice cream.

I quickly ran back where I saw the little girl but she not there. huh?

* where could she be? * I searched for her but for almost 30 minutes of searching. I still can't find her.

I decided to stop searching and sat down to the bench.  the ice cream that's in my hand is already melted. I throw it away to the nearest trash can. 

---


Flash back


I threw my unfinish ice cream to the trash can.
" Yah! baek! I told you not to throw foods! " My girlfriend shouted at me

" But babe, I'm full " I reason out
" then you can give it to me, it's cookies 'n cream though. It's my favorite " She pouted. I smiled at her cuteness and pecked her lips. " Sorry princess, I promise It won't happen again " 
She smiled at me and said " make sure of that "


 End of flash back

---

 


I chuckled as I replayed the scene in my head. * Baekhyun, I thought you already forgot her *
It was getting dark. I decided to go home.
I was walking on my way home while using my phone, I was texting my friends that we should hang out tomorrow.

But then I bumped into someone. My phone almost slipped out of my hand. A bag of groceries scattered on the floor.

Then I saw a girl. " I'm so sorry! "she said as she keeps on bowing. I couldn't see her face clearly because of her hair.

She bowed down to pick up the groceries. I helped her. I picked up the last piece of carrot and I stood up.

It was like a slow motion as I looked at the girl.

From her shoes to her face. Finally, I saw her face. But I froze.

Then I heard her say " Oh? Byun Baekhyun, It's been a while " She smiled at me.

That smile. That smile that was for me before.

 I tried to open my mouth to say something but I can't. I was speechless. After a year. and here I am.

Standing infront of her. She, who used to be my world.

She looked different, she's a little bit chubby now and she cutted her long wavy hair into a short one. But she's still pretty


I gathered my courage to speak " ~~ah, i-its been a while "

For the past year.

I keep saying I that I'll forget you but All those things I did just to forget you seems to vanish in just a second.

I felt my heart beat skip.

I can't think right. My hopes are building again.

Somethings saying me to bring her back.

My own little thought faded when I heard someone yelled " ~~ah! "

I saw a tall guy running towards us, he encircled his hand on her waist and said " Where have you been, I've been looking for you " I saw ~~ah smiled at him " Sorry, I thought you already left " then she looked at me. " Oh, Baekhyun, sorry again. By the way, this is  Park Chanyeol. My fiance " She smiled brightly at me. My hopes crashed ones again. * fiance? *
 " Who's this princess? " that Chanyeol guy asked her as he looked at me.  *Princess? I used to call her that before.Don't loose your cool baek * " I'm Baekhyun,Byun baekhyun. ~~ah's-- " I gulped and continued " Friend " My heart broke as I said that. I offered a handshake.

He gladly took it. " Nice meeting you Baekhyun. So, uhm mind if I take my fiance now. We're kinda busy "  *yeah right * " Oh right, sorry baek. And oh! nice meeting you again! hope to see you next time! gotta go! " She waved at me. 
I was flabbergasted. 
Seems like everthing happened in a second.
I blinked my eyes repeatedly.
*byun baekhyun! ugh! *