No More Running

Blurred Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

With shaky hands you slid on the bridesmaid dress. Zipping it up slowly as your mind tried to wrap around the fact that Hongbin was getting married. . . and that he was never going to be yours again.

"_____, are you ready?" Damon asked from outside your bedroom door. You looked at your refection once more, smoothing over the plains of your dress.

 

Smile. . .just smile.

 

The corners of your mouth lifted, mocking a happy smile. You sighed, at this rate you wouldn't even be able to make it through the walk down the aisle.

The door cracked open, Damon's eyes peeking through the small slit. You pulled the door open wider, giving him a faint smile before stepping past him.

"Damon, let's go. . . .while I'm still sane let's go."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

When you and Damon arrived at the church Hongbin was standing outside, greeting people with a faux smile. Damon walked up to him before you, shaking his hand before moving inside.

Hongbin extended his hand towards. You looked up, his face was tensed. . . like he was holding something in. You gingerly griped his hand, before holding it tight.

"Congratulations," you murmured.

He griped back, "Thank you." 

You rushed inside, immediately hiding behind the safety of Damon's back. Damon jumped, but eased when he realized it was you.

"If you can't even handle greeting him we'd better leave now," he chided.

You took a few deep breaths before straightening up. "I'm fine. . . that. . that was just-"

"Don't try to explain _____. I get it," he said playfully bumping your arm.

 

"Are you _____?"  

You turned and faced a middle aged women dressed in evening office attire. She looked distressed but when you nodded, relief flooded her face.

"Thank goodness I found you. The bride has been demanding you for the past few hours. Please come with me," she explained pulling your arm.

You looked back at Damon, but all he did was smile and wave you on.

The woman led you down a couple hallways until reaching a pair of double doors. As soon as she opened them Kara bolted towards you.

"Where have you been?! You totally disappeared yesterday!"

You smiled, "Sorry, I wasn't feeling very good."

She frowned but nodded, "Okay, well at least you're here now. Now go use the bathroom or whatever, we're getting ready to start!"

 

As you walked down the hallway you came across a room with a paper taped over it's surface. Looking closer you saw that it read 'The Groom'. You felt your heart drop when you heard Hongbin and few other voices laughing. 

Before you could stop it, your hand it reached for the door. Five heads turned to you as you opened it.

Hongbin's face fell when he saw you standing there, "________. . . . "

You swallowed, "I just wanted to congratulate you again. . .on your wedding."

"Awe that's so sweet of you _____!" one of them said, the others smiled in agreement.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter